Zetterberg named WHC all-star

#242 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,386 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:50 PM

Uh...

Where the f*** is the Russia game at? I see it listed to be on at 9pm on Versus/NBC sports, but they have some *** ass bike race on instead.

I swear, I hate versus/nbcsports so much.

Looks like the game already happened and the verus/nbc sports listing on the TV lied. I hate that they have pretty much only shown the US games. Since the US is out, I guess they are just not showing any more games. Lame.

I don't know why you would hate NBC Sports. They've done more than any other channel to show hockey and sports not normally shown on any other sports channel. I love them. They are finally going to show some flat track motorcycle racing this summer :clap: :yowza:. No other channel has ever done that.

#243 arag

arag

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 782 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:50 PM

Congrats to team Russia. I have missed the game and my brother told me that Pasha and Semin were excellent and had a great chemistry.
Does anybody know where to watch the game or the highlights ?

Edited by arag, 20 May 2012 - 04:51 PM.

#244 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:00 PM

Congrats to team Russia. I have missed the game and my brother told me that Pasha and Semin were excellent and had a great chemistry.
Does anybody know where to watch the game or the highlights ?

http://watch.tsn.ca/...and#clip683090'>link

#245 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:17 PM

It's true. I hope we can get both Semin and Parise this offseason. I know Semin's history of having off the ice and work ethic issues, but that could be fixed by coming to Hockeytown.

bringit.jpg

#246 arag

arag

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 782 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:31 PM

http://watch.tsn.ca/...and#clip683090'>link

It's true. I hope we can get both Semin and Parise this offseason. I know Semin's history of having off the ice and work ethic issues, but that could be fixed by coming to Hockeytown.

Thanks !
I have found it on NBC sports 6pm PST in HD. Should be fun.

That would be wonderful to have them on our team. I think Semin will be better playing with Pasha and will feet well in Wings system. We will see about that. I can only hope for Kenny to go hard after those guys.
Go Wings !

#247 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:51 PM

Congrats to Datsyuk !

Wait a minute, Varlamov can actually win something?

Edited by RedWingsRox, 20 May 2012 - 07:52 PM.

#248 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,568 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:59 PM

More likely there is so much talent on the Wings Semin would think it was safe to slack off.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#249 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:36 PM

Howard selected as 1 of 3 best Americans by coaches
http://stats.iihf.co...000_85J_1_0.pdf

#250 jroc86

jroc86

Rookie

• Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:09 PM

Hate him or love him - Semin fit like a glove on Pavs wing. If his pricetag is low enough (4.5) and the terms short I wouldnt be upset to see him on the Wings next year. Weve taken on projects/reclaimation projects before ... and hes probably the youngest and most talented renaissance man Hollands ever given a career 2nd life to.

#251 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:43 PM

Howard selected as 1 of 3 best Americans by coaches
http://stats.iihf.co...000_85J_1_0.pdf

Filppula, Zetterberg, and Franzen also for their countries.
Posted Image

#252 Wings_Toledo

Wings_Toledo

Seeing Red

• PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:29 AM

Hate him or love him - Semin fit like a glove on Pavs wing. If his pricetag is low enough (4.5) and the terms short I wouldnt be upset to see him on the Wings next year. Weve taken on projects/reclaimation projects before ... and hes probably the youngest and most talented renaissance man Hollands ever given a career 2nd life to.

That sounds like a good deal, but I just have to imagine that he only played so well because he knew that the tournament is short and European players have that reputation of caring more about International play than winning a Cup.

I could be wrong and he might do well in a better run organization, but I just wouldn't get my hopes up based on one solid outing in a World Championship.

#253 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:39 AM

If Pasha took Semin under his wing, I would think that the discipline problem would straighten itself out.

Congrats to Pasha!
Posted Image

#254 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:48 AM

That sounds like a good deal, but I just have to imagine that he only played so well because he knew that the tournament is short and European players have that reputation of caring more about International play than winning a Cup.

I could be wrong and he might do well in a better run organization, but I just wouldn't get my hopes up based on one solid outing in a World Championship.

More than half the players he played against were not good enough for the NHL

#255 sibiriak

sibiriak

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:20 PM

More than half the players he played against were not good enough for the NHL

Uh, so that must be the reason why the all-NHL US and Canadian squads went home after the quarterfinals? Where the poor dears too bored to play against such inferior competition? :P

The champion, team Russia, only had 8 NHL players on its 25 men roster. And not all of them were named Alexander or Evgeni :)

Edited by sibiriak, 21 May 2012 - 02:22 PM.

#256 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:31 PM

Honestly, us Canadians don`t give a rats ass about the World Championship. Even when Canada won it I could care less. It is not best on best. Now World Juniors and Olympics and World Cup, Canada is all in. I respect the fact that players from Russia, Sweden, Finland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, etc care alot about it. But Canadians will always view the Stanley Cup as the most important hockey trophy to win. I always shake my head seeing some of the Euros play so hard for their country like Miro Satan whereas in the NHL they float out there each game. I watched Franzen work 100 times harder for Team Sweden in the WC than he did all season for the Wings. Dats and Z are always the same though which is nice to see.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#257 sibiriak

sibiriak

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:56 PM

Honestly, us Canadians don`t give a rats ass about the World Championship. Even when Canada won it I could care less. It is not best on best. Now World Juniors and Olympics and World Cup, Canada is all in. I respect the fact that players from Russia, Sweden, Finland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, etc care alot about it. But Canadians will always view the Stanley Cup as the most important hockey trophy to win. I always shake my head seeing some of the Euros play so hard for their country like Miro Satan whereas in the NHL they float out there each game. I watched Franzen work 100 times harder for Team Sweden in the WC than he did all season for the Wings. Dats and Z are always the same though which is nice to see.

I'm perfectly aware of the level of interest for the Hockey Worlds over here in North America. And that's fine. Still I kind of doubt that the all-NHL Canadian or US players go to this tourney and than float around and don't try very hard. So I take umbrage when I read comments like the one I responded to. This particular fan might not care about the tournament, but the fact that all-NHL players teams lost to "players not good enough for the NHL", lends a certain arrogance to his post, don't you think?
But yes, the Olympics are the true indicator of the international hockey pecking order, and I can't wait to see Canada leave Sochi with their tails between their collective legs. :P

Edited by sibiriak, 21 May 2012 - 02:56 PM.

#258 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:59 PM

I'm perfectly aware of the level of interest for the Hockey Worlds over here in North America. And that's fine. Still I kind of doubt that the all-NHL Canadian or US players go to this tourney and than float around and don't try very hard. So I take umbrage when I read comments like the one I responded to. This particular fan might not care about the tournament, but the fact that all-NHL players teams lost to "players not good enough for the NHL", lends a certain arrogance to his post, don't you think?
But yes, the Olympics are the true indicator of the international hockey pecking order, and I can't wait to see Canada leave Sochi with their tails between their collective legs. :P

Well I certainly hope Russia fares better in Sochi since Canada s***whacked them pretty good in the last Olympics. I expect Russia to be playing for pride and I know they will be much better. Canada can`t win it all the time. However given the talent in Canada right now, I would be very surprised if they don`t come away with gold in Sochi. I just enjoy the great hockey. The 87 Canada Cup 3 game series is still my favourite series of all time.

#259 sibiriak

sibiriak

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:05 PM

Well I certainly hope Russia fares better in Sochi since Canada s***whacked them pretty good in the last Olympics. I expect Russia to be playing for pride and I know they will be much better. Canada can`t win it all the time. However given the talent in Canada right now, I would be very surprised if they don`t come away with gold in Sochi. I just enjoy the great hockey. The 87 Canada Cup 3 game series is still my favourite series of all time.

That was nice series, I remember it well. I wonder would you feel the same way if the score was 5:6 and not 6:5 in that last game? Or if the ref blew the whistle on Canada for the foul against Bykov just before the GWG for Canada in Game 3? :)

#260 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:12 PM

That was nice series, I remember it well. I wonder would you feel the same way if the score was 5:6 and not 6:5 in that last game? Or if the ref blew the whistle on Canada for the foul against Bykov just before the GWG for Canada in Game 3? :)

Both teams got away with alot in that series. The best team still won on a great goal by Lemieux assisted by Gretzky. Funny thing is that ol Larry Murphy was wide open in the slot. I think Gretz made the right choice to pass to number 66 though. LOL. Yeah, if Canada had lost I would still feel the same way. Seeing the KLM line in their prime and a young Kamensky made me appreciate the high skill level of the russian players. When I watched all the 72 Summit Series games which I was not alive for in 72, I watched how great Kharlamov was and he reminded me so much of Datsyuk. He was even built like him. I also appreciated how great Tretiak was in net. I had never seen a goalie jump in the air to make a save the way he did. It was great. I think his son is a goalie. I wonder if he is just as good as his dad. If he is then the Wings should draft him.

Edited by Hatethedrake!, 21 May 2012 - 03:14 PM.