• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Namingway

2012 World Ice Hockey Championships

Rate this topic

Looking forward to the Champs.

What's the TV coverage like where you guys are? Over in the UK we currently have an enormous 0 minutes scheduled, which is nice?! ranting.gif

Isn't it on Eurosport? It always used to be in the past. Alas I only have freeview, so I no longer get Eurosport.

Guest Johnz96

If he is available I think Svitov would be a perfect addition for the Wings, he is great on faceoffd and considered to be one of the KHL's best defensive forwards

Norway did their best in the 1st period to keep it interesting, but then Sweden just started playing on another level in the 2nd and dominated. Zetterberg was amazing, and Järnkrok had a very good game as well. Both had 1 assist. Ironhook is great to watch, so much skill and it looks like he's always having fun out there. Can't wait to see how he fares against better opposition.

The bad thing is that Jonathan Ericsson had to leave the game because of an injury :-/

I missed the first period, was curious where Johnny E was. I was more concerned that Hank was going to get hurt, he was in the middle of EVERYTHING.

I can't find a box score but saw a mention of it earlier....did he get in a fight or what?

was Kronwall wearing #4 by chance?

as for the game... lot of good hustle from Ruotsi, but Norway kept playing tight D.

anyway... it's just the beginning of the tournament and there's 7 games in group phase this time, so we can't really expect teams to play their hearts out every single game.

I missed the first period, was curious where Johnny E was. I was more concerned that Hank was going to get hurt, he was in the middle of EVERYTHING.

I can't find a box score but saw a mention of it earlier....did he get in a fight or what?

Not sure. I read that he was checked into the Norway goaler by Tollefson and a scrum insued, but don't know who was fighting or what.

That was his brother Staffan.

Injury is one reason why UFAs sometimes skip this tournament (Hudler, for example). Agents aren't big fans of UFA players going to this tournament unless they have something to prove.

as for the game... lot of good hustle from Ruotsi, but Norway kept playing tight D.

anyway... it's just the beginning of the tournament and there's 7 games in group phase this time, so we can't really expect teams to play their hearts out every single game.

Nik is wearing #7 and his brother Steffan is wearing #4. They are playing on the same line together. Z and Franzen are together too.

I missed the 1st and 2nd period too so didn't know Big E had left. I wondered why I wasn't seeing #52. Also, only seeing the 3rd, did it seem like Franzen was his lack-luster self as usual?

Nik is wearing #7 and his brother Steffan is wearing #4. They are playing on the same line together. Z and Franzen are together too.

I missed the 1st and 2nd period too so didn't know Big E had left. I wondered why I wasn't seeing #52. Also, only seeing the 3rd, did it seem like Franzen was his lack-luster self as usual?

Remember the good old days when Franzen was consistently a hard worker? *sigh* Damn it Johan.

Not sure. I read that he was checked into the Norway goaler by Tollefson and a scrum insued, but don't know who was fighting or what.

I saw the highlights from the first, looked like he was laying the body on too.

Franzen didn't have a bad game at all. Then again it was only against Norway and he didn't really shine either.

More interesting game tonight between Sweden and the Czech Republic, although the Czech don't have a great team in this tournament.