• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Namingway

2012 World Ice Hockey Championships

Rate this topic

I could've sworn Zetterberg scored off that redirect against Denmark but IIHF says he has no goals and 4 assists.

the goal was credited to another player. after the goal Zetterberg evantook the puck and brought it to that player (#43), but I no longer know that name.

truth being said, Zatta is playing great, nevermind the scoresheets.

Streaming from Worlds

Games to be shown online for free with 30-minute delay

09-05-12

ZUG, Switzerland – Infront Sports & Media, exclusive media and marketing partner to the International Ice Hockey Federation (IIHF), has announced today to stop live coverage of the 2012 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship via the official YouTube channel with immediate effect. Starting with the first round game Canada vs. Switzerland, the free YouTube coverage of all future games will be delayed by 30 minutes.

The dedicated channel at www.youtube.com/icehockey provided fans throughout the world so far with high-quality and free-of-charge live video streams of all games of the tournament. Today's step was taken to prevail illegal attempts to access the streaming countries that were geoblocked due to exclusive contracts. Selected users managed to surpass the existing copyright and geoblocking mechanisms and encourage other YouTube users to follow. To address these infringements Infront has now decided to delay the YouTube coverage by 30 minutes.

Bruno Marty, Excecutive Director Wintersports, said: "We deeply regret that we have to take this step, in particular for all the ice hockey followers out there who just want to enjoy the games online on YouTube. However, we currently see no other option to protect the existing media rights agreements with our broadcast partners, as some so called fans decided not to play fair and to illegally surpass existing copyright and geoblocking mechanism."

:ranting:

i haven't seen a single game but the Z-Mule-Eriksson line seems ridiculous... got i wish Loui could be a Wing.

Loui Eriksson is terribly underrated. Great two-way player, hard worker, scoring touch... I too wish there was a way we could get him to Detroit. I'd almost, ALMOST, take him over Parise. He seems to have instantly developed a good chemistry with Z too. Great fun to watch that line play.

Streaming from Worlds

Games to be shown online for free with 30-minute delay

09-05-12

ZUG, Switzerland – Infront Sports & Media, exclusive media and marketing partner to the International Ice Hockey Federation (IIHF), has announced today to stop live coverage of the 2012 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship via the official YouTube channel with immediate effect. Starting with the first round game Canada vs. Switzerland, the free YouTube coverage of all future games will be delayed by 30 minutes.

The dedicated channel at www.youtube.com/icehockey provided fans throughout the world so far with high-quality and free-of-charge live video streams of all games of the tournament. Today's step was taken to prevail illegal attempts to access the streaming countries that were geoblocked due to exclusive contracts. Selected users managed to surpass the existing copyright and geoblocking mechanisms and encourage other YouTube users to follow. To address these infringements Infront has now decided to delay the YouTube coverage by 30 minutes.

Bruno Marty, Excecutive Director Wintersports, said: "We deeply regret that we have to take this step, in particular for all the ice hockey followers out there who just want to enjoy the games online on YouTube. However, we currently see no other option to protect the existing media rights agreements with our broadcast partners, as some so called fans decided not to play fair and to illegally surpass existing copyright and geoblocking mechanism."

This just pisses me off to no end. Do you know WHY people are doing this? Because NBC bought the rights to the US broadcasts, which means they blocked the US from the YT streams, and then NBC turned around and didn't show any ******* games except the US. So, now, the 'so called fans' are not playing fairly because they are using the ONLY means there is to watch the games? f*** YOU *******!

Loui Eriksson is terribly underrated. Great two-way player, hard worker, scoring touch... I too wish there was a way we could get him to Detroit. I'd almost, ALMOST, take him over Parise. He seems to have instantly developed a good chemistry with Z too. Great fun to watch that line play.

Eriksson is a monster in this tournament and definitively big pleasure to watch. he has the scoring gift of Johan + more hustle to generate offense (I mean: he's not just waiting around the crease to pick the cherries, like Franzen).

but this is international ice and early into tournament so defense corps aren't really playing good nor physical. I pretty much expect his production to diminish for the rest of WC.

him on Red Wings? tough call. he's flashy and definitely way above what most NHL fans think about him. but... I first and foremost want Wings to find someone bulky and hard working. we don't have problems with scoring, especially when Zatta is healthy and Johan decides to move his * a little bit more. I'd say the team badly needs a motivational role player light up the fire under veteran's * and make them skate and push. getting through 1st and 2nd round of playoffs is not only about the talent, it's also about willingness to pay the price.

This just pisses me off to no end. Do you know WHY people are doing this? Because NBC bought the rights to the US broadcasts, which means they blocked the US from the YT streams, and then NBC turned around and didn't show any ******* games except the US. So, now, the 'so called fans' are not playing fairly because they are using the ONLY means there is to watch the games? f*** YOU *******!

And in Canada i'm pretty sure TSN just plays the Canada games...our team is underachiving offense wise and is kinda boring. I would like to watch all the Sweden games. I am pulling for them above even Canada. Z is my favourite player and overall, I like Sweden's collection of players the best.