• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Namingway

2012 World Ice Hockey Championships

Rate this topic

I see the loss to Russia as a good thing. Things were going too smooth for the Swedes, and you're not gonna go through an entire tournament without a single loss.

Now they can make adjustments and come back with a vengeance if they face the Russians again.

But yeah, the goalies are an issue. Fasth was good last year but not this year. But maybe they need to keep playing him so he can get into a groove, instead of switching between him and Enroth.

I'm sorry but Yemelin dove like it was frickin Olympic diving. They didn't deserve either penalty that tied the game at 3-3. I would most likely get frustrated if they were calling obvious diving calls like that. The game was an absolute gongshow.

Agreed. His dives made Kesler's look subtle and understated.

Malkin is probably one of if not the dirtiest star player in the NHL right now.

Just a question. Why does (Y)emelin add/drop the Y in his last name depending on where hes playing?

same is with Malkin. in WC his name is written Yevgenyi or something like that, but in any case it starts with Ye.

if I'm correct this is a matter of different transcription from Cyrilic, i.e. to different Latin-written language. transcription

is always about representing sounds read in one alphabet by closest sounds in target language (and their representation

with alphabet).

closest representation of Евге́ний in English is Evgeni, while in French (which is basis for international hockey

tournaments if I'm correct) its Yevgenyi and in Polish its Jewgieni.

whatever transcription you use, my opinion about him is not gonna change. he's a very efficient punk.

Yemelin that is. Malkin... I just QFT haroldsnepts.

Edited by akustyk

same is with Malkin. in WC his name is written Yevgenyi or something like that, but in any case it starts with Ye.

if I'm correct this is a matter of different transcription from Cyrilic, i.e. to different Latin-written language. transcription

is always about representing sounds read in one alphabet by closest sounds in target language (and their representation

with alphabet).

closest representation of Евге́ний in English is Evgeni, while in French (which is basis for international hockey

tournaments if I'm correct) its Yevgenyi and in Polish its Jewgieni.

whatever transcription you use, my opinion about him is not gonna change. he's a very efficient punk.

Yemelin that is. Malkin... I just QFT haroldsnepts.

Yep. In the Cyrillic alphabet, the letter E makes a "yeh" sound, not just an "eh" sound like in ours. So you can either make it look more like Russian by putting an E, or you can make it sound more like Russian by putting a Ye.

Would you guys trade Cleary for Landeskog?

So what did Datsyuk vs. Zetterberg look like?

Were they out many for many shifts against one another?

Z was great. He was physical(!).

where the hell was this mule and this filppula in the playoffs?

sure doesnt look like pavs is back either with his points..

Franzen when playing for team sweden he goes beast mode. Playing gritty as hell and makes a lot of points.

From IIHF:

The IIHF Disciplinary Panel has suspended Russian defenceman Dmitri Kalinin for three games following his cross-check on Swedish forward Johan Franzén. Another Russian defenceman, Alexei Yemelin, will miss one game for spearing Franzén.

From TSN:

The IIHF has suspended Switzerland defenceman Goran Bezina an additional two games following his check to the head and neck area of France forward Anthony Guttig on Saturday.

From IIHF:

The IIHF Disciplinary Panel has suspended Finland’s defenceman Anssi Salmela for three games following his violent boarding on USA’s defenceman Alex Goligoski.

Would you guys trade Cleary for Landeskog?

I would, Holland would, but Colorado would laugh in his face if he suggested it.

Landeskog is seen as a future leader of their team, a possible Forsberg/Sakic-type organizational icon.

Norway is on a roll.

SWE - NOR 3-1

RUS - NOR 4-2

CZE - NOR 4-3 (s.o.)

NOR - ITA 6 -2

NOR- LAT 3-0

GER - NOR 4-12

NOR - DEN 6-2

Patrick Thoresen leads points with 16 (!) ..Malkin number two with 14 points.

You really confused me on that part. Opposite of relative?

Huh? Not sure if I get what you mean.. Think my english comes up a bit short.. :/

The highlighted game was won by Norway 12 goals to Germanys 4. ..was that it..? Sorry again.

I'm not sure what they meant by "opposite of relative" but I think he's pointing out that with every other win, you had the winning team on the left. So you'd expect it to read Nor-Ger 12-4.

Yeah, I meant if you said Germany played Norway and the score was 12-4, I would assume Germany won since the score was placed relative to the order of the teams you listed.

And on that note, it's that awkward moment you realize that what you said had absolutely no merit to begin with. I don't know why, maybe it was too early for me to be thinking about stuff, but there was nothing wrong with what you wrote, just how I read it. Disregard.