• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Namingway

2012 World Ice Hockey Championships

Rate this topic

Just got home from watching FIN-USA at a friends' place. Good game overall, though I do agree the refs seemed to have completely lost their whistles. Flip and Koivu were unbelievable all game long, just absolutely dominating in the US end.

Damn, first Canada loses then US loses.

Howard is not looking sharp, Jussi goal on him was a weak one. Howie is flopping everywhere. 2nd goal was not on Howie but then he lets one in with 8 sec left ...

Filppula advances.

Anybody thinking that International hockey is looking more like NHL on bigger ice, lots more after whistle stuff, before International hockey was pretty clean.

Edited by RedWingsRox

Wow what a frustrating game for us Swedes. So many mistakes in the defensive zone, zero powerplays, still fight back to 3-3.. only to lose with 30 seconds left.

Per Mårts coaching was awful. Niklas Persson was involved in the winning goal, which says it all. Why is a 4th liner even out there when there's 30 seconds left of the game??

Zetterberg deserved better. He was ******* sick.

Well, now I'll root for the Finns. Great win for them against the US, with Filppula being almost the same beast for them as Z for Sweden.

Wow what a frustrating game for us Swedes. So many mistakes in the defensive zone, zero powerplays, still fight back to 3-3.. only to lose with 30 seconds left.

substract Kronwall and Karlsson and the defense was horrible or average at best. Hjalmarsson was brutal, and Hedman... epithome of failure...

I mean... even Ericsson looked decent compared to those guys. he actually was really decent.

Per Mårts coaching was awful. Niklas Persson was involved in the winning goal, which says it all. Why is a 4th liner even out there when there's 30 seconds left of the game??

Persson isn't that bad player. and he was among those who at least were skating. compare this to Backstrom who was basically waiting for a pass to shot,

and even when it came that far he couldn't capitalize on what was a 99% chance...

overall, there were periods in the game when Swedish team looked uninspired and totally lacking willingness to fight for pucks. Wings players dug them from the hole

and it looked good for a moment, but Marts insistence on playing Backstrom and Hjalmarsson was really bad.

Fasth was brutal on this last goal. really bad positioning and lack of confidence to challenge the shooter. he is not that bad goalie, but this was his goal, in a very bad moment.

truth being said, Czechs played very solid D, and if there was ever a game Swedish team could use Franzen it was exactly this one.

finally, it's hard to say that the refs were good. they let Czechs get away with a lot of crap...

Well, now I'll root for the Finns. Great win for them against the US, with Filppula being almost the same beast for them as Z for Sweden.

you sure bet Suomi would never ever root for Ruotsi, so why bother? ;) but to be honest... after Slovakia Finland is the only team that I'd be fine with winning

this tournament. I'm sick of Czechs and Russians and their *loads of dirty plays. Sweden was at least entertaining to watch.

Edited by akustyk