• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
b.shanafan14

Johan Franzen wants to 'have more fun'

Rate this topic

Johan Franzen: Red Wings need to 'have more fun, get some joy back' next season

Just wanted to call everyone's attention to this article real quick. Talking exclusively to Franzen about how the season ended, this little gem was the headliner

We I need to have more fun out there, get some confidence back," Franzen said. “We I looked like a drained team piece of garbage, kind of, in most of the games. Get some joy back, believing in ourselves myself, knowing that we're I'm a good team player, and play for each other my teammates instead of myself."

Fixed it to be closer to the truth. :P Its like he is projecting his own problems onto the team in general. The article had a few decent points but for the most part the same tired "disappointed" crap. Just thought it was interesting that Franzen basically projected his own lack of interest, confidence, and ability to sell out for his club on everyone. Obviously he isn't the only problem, but he is a big chunk of it.

"Boring" regular season excuse has apparently been replaced with "needs more fun" regular season and playoff excuse?

Deflection + Excuse!

At least when Hoss wasn't scoring he still gave his all and played great defensively. If Mule isn't scoring he is a waste of quality ice time. If he wants to have more fun show him clips of past Wings teams winning the Cup!

Edited by The Secret

Johan Franzen: Red Wings need to 'have more fun, get some joy back' next season

Just wanted to call everyone's attention to this article real quick. Talking exclusively to Franzen about how the season ended, this little gem was the headliner

Fixed it to be closer to the truth. :P Its like he is projecting his own problems onto the team in general. The article had a few decent points but for the most part the same tired "disappointed" crap. Just thought it was interesting that Franzen basically projected his own lack of interest, confidence, and ability to sell out for his club on everyone. Obviously he isn't the only problem, but he is a big chunk of it.

"Boring" regular season excuse has apparently been replaced with "needs more fun" regular season and playoff excuse?

I love your re-invention of his quotes. Right on. Yeah, it should be fun and games, but when somebody's being paid as much money as he is for playing, I think he owes the team much less mouth and a helluva lot more action. As in, put up or shut up! :deal:

Happy people perform better.

People do what they enjoy with more effort and efficiency than what they dislike.

People are more willing to sell out for others if there is an atmosphere of mutual respect.

What Mule said is true, and likely applies in the current situation. However, sometimes people refuse to enjoy things and work hard at them as if it were a life's goal. Hopefully that is not our teams problem. If he is saying it, it is probably bouncing around all over in the locker room, starting with the coach, so it is probably true.

While the team as a whole definitely needs a shake up, I do find it pretty strange that 1) the few occasions Franzen talks to the media, its always negative, and 2) the only time lack of motivation or complaints about things being 'boring' or 'needing more fun', its always Franzen. It was funny to some a few seasons ago when he followed up a s***ty season with a good playoff and quipped about the regular season being too 'boring' for the golden god of playoffs. Now its become a trend of excuse making and whining about his own attitude and its reflected on the ice.

Its not hard to see this guy has a terrible attitude, a (im)potent cocktail of apathy, laziness, entitlement, and self-pity. He'd look great in Maple-Leaf-Blue.

Honestly, his interviews have been irking me for awhile now. It's like the guy has no accountability whatsoever, and may be smoking a ton of grass. He's pretty easy going for a guy who's on a team that was eliminated in the first round.

More fun? How about more consistent effort? Winning is fun.

To be honest, i think he might be right. One thing our offense seemed to lack against nashville was creativity. We tried the same narrow minded, "shoot and go to the net" strategy over and over again instead of trying to go east to west and set up some plays to get the goalie moving. I think if people enjoythings more, they will be less stressed, more apt to try new things, and ultimately more motivated to make them happen.

looks like we have a new whipping boy. As happened with Hudler, I'm expecting a bounce-back season from Mule. Sure he looked un-motivated this year and did nothing in the playoffs but everybody can have a bad year. And before anybody says it, Franzen was playing hurt in last years playoffs. Go back and look at his numbers in playoffs prior to last year.

I'll give the man a pass.

By the way, you guys do realize that he lead the team in scoring this year don't you.

But don't let that fact get in the way of the whipping....

Honestly, his interviews have been irking me for awhile now. It's like the guy has no accountability whatsoever, and may be smoking a ton of grass. He's pretty easy going for a guy who's on a team that was eliminated in the first round.

More fun? How about more consistent effort? Winning is fun.

He got an 11-year contract with the greatest franchise in modern hockey after a single great playoff effort and hopefully unlocked potential, and the latter will define his career. Endless string of excuses as to why said potential is not being reached year-after-year, without mentioning the one obvious reason: zero effort and complete financial security. "Franchise" someone based 75% on potential and he'll start to think his potential is enough to win :P

By the way, you guys do realize that he lead the team in scoring this year don't you.

But don't let that fact get in the way of the whipping....

Leading the team with 29 goals, averaging around 27 or so, playing on a line with an elite among elite centers, providing zero outside of scoring, while his scoring plateaus, and having an awful attitude that surfaces every time he talks to the media. First it was "wait until playoffs", now its "the regular season was good enough, I guess".

But don't let the trend dampen the next 8 years of his contract... :P

EDIT: Had to bolden the most important parts that some people aren't quite getting. Think there is a problem with effort and attitude in the locker room these days? Hmmm... can't think of why.

Edited by b.shanafan14

Deflection + Excuse!

At least when Hoss wasn't scoring he still gave his all and played great defensively. If Mule isn't scoring he is a waste of quality ice time. If he wants to have more fun show him clips of past Wings teams winning the Cup!

Yeah, I remember all the praise Hossa got during the 09 finals got for his defensive play. Especially in game 7. :hehe:

And the team needs a shakeup, obviously. If Franzen moving helps that, then by all means. I don't think anyone on the team was having much fun the past couple months.

Edited by Doc Holliday

I don't like quote re-invention. He said what he said and you shown what you heard (or rather, want to hear).

Mule has right to be negative, he never excluded himself from being part of team lost in first round. This team need a shakeup, real good one. And a shake up is not always a rid of a player or two, or bunch. When a team member goes and speak it up, it might be a shake up too.

That said, Mule is a one who needs to change his game and attitude to the game to be able to have more fun. If he understands and acts accordingly, i'm all in for him to be on this team... it's been good, when Mule is good...

Here's a good way to look at Franzen's production (his only defensible position left) in comparison to a Wings' fan favorite:

Robert Lang had 62 point in 72 games for the Wings. (a better season than any of Franzen's past... ever)

Robert Lang was LAZY and he SUCKED.

Robert Lang wasn't on the top line, getting all his minutes with a player the caliber of Datsyuk (ahem...)

Robert Lang was LAZY and he SUCKED.

Robert Lang wasn't granted an 11-year contract. (that's good...)

Robert Lang didn't complain to the media every time he spoke to them about things being boring. (what self-respecting player would?)

...Johan Franzen is LAZY and he SUCKS