• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

#7 Washington Capitals vs. #1 New York Rangers

Rate this topic

I didn't think NY looked that strong in the 1st round. None of their stars really stepped up. If Washington plays like they did in 1st round, they will beat NY in 6.

None of their stars stepped up?? How about their outstanding goaltender who has been their best player for the past many seasons! Henrik Lunquivst was outstanding last series and all season... he has been pretty much unbeatable and it will be very difficult for the Caps to beat him. How about their captain Ryan Callahan?? He was fantastic that series as well, contributing some important points, excellent at both ends of the ice, and was a hitting machine. Their Dmen were outstanding all series as well.

Overall you underestimate the NY Rangers and I think they will have only a little trouble with the Caps. King Henrik and his Rangers over the Caps in 6 games.

Probably not the place to ask this, but I'm not sure where else to put it. If a player plays for only a few games, say under 15, such as Nyquist or Smith, is that considered their rookie year? (Not sure if Nyquist played more than 15, but I'm pretty confident Smith didn't)

Edit: Plays in their first season.

Edited by CaliforniaWingsFan

Rangers are definitely finding the "hole" in Holtby.

Yah, surprised that NY can score on this guy but maybe they have emotional letdown after taking out Boston, already surpassed anyone's expectation. That or NY coaches now have film on the guy to come up with plan. Only first game, I picked Washington to upset NY.

Probably not the place to ask this, but I'm not sure where else to put it. If a player plays for only a few games, say under 15, such as Nyquist or Smith, is that considered their rookie year? (Not sure if Nyquist played more than 15, but I'm pretty confident Smith didn't)

Edit: Plays in their first season.

Yes, I believe you have to pay 25 games in a season in order to remove rookie season tag.