• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

#6 New Jersey Devils vs. #5 Philadelphia Flyers

Rate this topic

i kinda thought this series would go this way. devils can withstand the flyers offense with their defense and goaltending and flyers have no defense or goaltending. expected more from the flyers though

What an awesome time at the Prudential Center tonight. Lots of Flyers fans, lots of taunting and rude language and I finally get to cheer FOR the Devils. I hate the Flyers, always have. The fact the Devils have been outplaying them this series is a wonderful thing. Ponikarovsky scored the winning OT goal not 15 feet from me but by then, deep into the first overtime, my phone battery had run down and I didn't get it. But here is some of the rest of tonight's game.

The tying Briere goal in the third period to make it 3-3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t349uSwGnxs&feature=

Lilja crush Devil. Lilja mash two New Jersey man at same time. Lilja smash.

6994872532_fcb65eaec8_b.jpg

Lilja no like Zubrus

7140965313_825c00e6f5_b.jpg

An ancient Jagrsaurus skates by

7140964877_bdfde8fbf2_b.jpg

Faceoff

7140965113_77723d5ca0_b.jpg

Bryzgalov makes the save

6994873886_808d570db0_b.jpg

Looks like you had great seats to the game!

New Jersey quietly played well all year long but was completely under the radar with the Rangers, Penguins, and Flyers getting all the attention. They may have been fourth in the Atlantic but finished just one point behind Philadelphia. This may be an unheralded hockey team but that definitely doesn't mean they're overmatched. And, I tell you, it's fun to watch Parise fly out there... he makes everyone else look like they're in slow motion!

Whenever Parise is out there good things happen. He just works and works and works. He's part Helm and part Datsyuk fused into one guy. Tonight everyone is singing Kovalchuk's praises, if the Devils play badly next game and he goes back to floating he'll be the pariah again.

You are right about the Devils. I've watched them all year and have been to about 15 games to see them live. They do fly under the radar and they're doing it with, by any account, an average defense. Nothing fancy, nothing close to a Norris candidate, just steady play night in and night out.

after watching Game 1 of this series I got an impression that Devils are very well structured and have outstanding teamwork which will eventually swing the series to their favor.

as flashy as Flyers can be (when it comes to playoffs Danny Briere is f* Franzen plus speed and more skill, and Giroux can be jaw droppingly good), they'd need excellent goaltending

to get pass Devils. something they don't have.

I can see them stealing next game, but this series is IMHO over in 6 games.

and, yup, Parise is better overall player than Ilya. perhaps less flashy and less dangerous all by himself, but less streaky and a monster of a team player...

get him, Kenny, at whatever cost below 60M/7yr ;)

I am happy for the Devils fans there franchise is in a tough position (owner wants out, no money) and yet they continue to do well. Philly has a good team but I despise Holmgren for his actions and the way he lied to his former starplayers, also some of their fans are just some brainless thugs.

The Flyers are great if they face a wide open team with a similar style such as Pittsburgh or Detroit but if they cant get their forecheck going and the opposition clocks the neutral soon, their system is screwed thats exactly what the Devils are doing right now and it seems to work. Brzygalov cant be rusted to steal a game some timely impressive savey yes but not a game.

Imagine a Devils Phönix final the ratings would go bonkers *lol*

Whenever Parise is out there good things happen. He just works and works and works. He's part Helm and part Datsyuk fused into one guy. Tonight everyone is singing Kovalchuk's praises, if the Devils play badly next game and he goes back to floating he'll be the pariah again.

You are right about the Devils. I've watched them all year and have been to about 15 games to see them live. They do fly under the radar and they're doing it with, by any account, an average defense. Nothing fancy, nothing close to a Norris candidate, just steady play night in and night out.

I'm not sure he's considered a floater anymore. Apparently he's bought in to their system and is an effective two way player.

The dude is a stud IMO.

I'm not sure he's considered a floater anymore. Apparently he's bought in to their system and is an effective two way player.

The dude is a stud IMO.

Devils fans use Kovy and his 100 million contract as a whipping boy and trust me, last night was the best Kovalchuk has played all year. He's a top flight talent, he shows flashes through the regular season that makes you beg for that effort every night (ala Fedorov) but those fans (And I have it on tape) screaming at him and telling him to get off the ice.