• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
rrasco

Calder Cup

Rate this topic

Last night the San Antonio Rampage won a 2OT to advance to the 2nd round of the playoffs for the first time in franchise history. This is only the 3rd time in their history to clinch a playoff berth. If you want to know more about the Rampage, check out their Wiki page, one thing I didn't know and found it interesting was they were originally the Adirondack Red Wings. I didn't realize where they came from.

http://en.wikipedia....Antonio_Rampage

At any rate, I didn't get to watch this game, I watched the box score, but found the highlights on Youtube today. Jacob Markstom played games 1, 2 and 5...the three games they won. The Panthers had recalled Markstrom leaving the backup to backstop games 3 and 4, the games they lost. However, I don't think that was the difference in this series, they let in 3 goals a game the first four, and had to score 4 to win games 1 and 2. They need better D, but at least they have some offense to bail them out. If you don't watch all the highlights, at least check out the Yonkman hit at 6:36. The highlights are worth the watch though. I'm excited for round 2, they take on the first seeded Oklahoma City Barons.

Edited by rrasco