• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,631 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:15 PM

I would resign him to the same amount, then offer him a bonus to shoot the puck more and not pass/wait for the play. He passes up soo many good opportunities to score when he plays like that.

#22 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:54 PM

Does he deserve a raise? Yes absolutely, he is well underpaid for the points he puts up.

Do I want him to get that raise with Detroit? Not so sure....

His best play has always been when he's a bit Scrappy Doo and goes to the net - like others have said, a mini Holmstrom. The years when he's done that? 2009 (23 goals) and this year (25 goals). The common denominator those seasons? The magic words - "contract year"

In 10-11 he started slowly was quickly demoted to 4th line and often being a healthy scratch. He only appeared in 31 of the first 40 games and played less than 11 minutes a game. He was bummed out about his role on the team and lost confidence You can't score from the bench. Than more than half the team went down with injuries and Babcock was forced to use him and he scored 31 points in the last 42 games (a 60 point pace) and then he was once again demoted to 4th line and getting scratched in the playoffs

#23 arag

arag

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 771 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:30 PM

I don't care if he scores 50 goals. His defensive game is nonexistent. He is very slow for an offensive forward. He gets knocked out by wind from a player skating by. I hope he goes somewhere. I bet not many NHL teams will be interested in his services. He can go back to KHL and retire there. Z line needs a faster skater and size. Any average player can score goals playing with Z. That lazy f***** played a little better because it was his contract year. I don't know why Iam saying all this. I hate that guy. Everybody knows Hudler is not what the Wings need.
No Hudler !

#24 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:07 PM

I don't care if he scores 50 goals. His defensive game is nonexistent. He is very slow for an offensive forward. He gets knocked out by wind from a player skating by. I hope he goes somewhere. I bet not many NHL teams will be interested in his services. He can go back to KHL and retire there. Z line needs a faster skater and size. Any average player can score goals playing with Z. That lazy f***** played a little better because it was his contract year. I don't know why Iam saying all this. I hate that guy. Everybody knows Hudler is not what the Wings need.
No Hudler !

I'm sensing you have a thing for Huds. Posted Image

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#25 ltgator333

ltgator333

Combustion on Contact

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:26 PM

Unfortunately yes. For the cost he is now, he is a steal. On the open market after his stellar performance this year he could easily make another million

Let him go get it cause I don't want him back!
- LT

#26 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,566 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:37 AM

Hudler is a UFA...I hope Holland is smart enough to use that $2.75 mill on somebody else.

No Hudler !

:thumbup:

However I get the bad feeling Holland is gonna ink him to a 3 yr deal.

'Evolution' created by Offsides