• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
edicius

Predators bench Radulov and A. Kostitsyn for Game 3 of WCSF

Rate this topic

I'd read that but Greg Wyshynski is the most unprofessional blogger I've ever come across. I used to check his blog out before I followed him on twitter. After reading his childish arguments and moronic tweets I just can't stand him.

For some reason, when I hear about curfews and the like, it amazes me that grown men have or need bedtimes.

Is this really worth a suspension? It sounds so high school.

I understand that they are in the playoffs, but you'd think that the players would realize the need to be at the top of their game.

Maybe I'm reading too much of my own life into this, but it seems like they'd know by this point in their lives how much they can and can't drink and how late they can stay up and still get enough sleep.

For some reason, when I hear about curfews and the like, it amazes me that grown men have or need bedtimes.

Is this really worth a suspension? It sounds so high school.

I understand that they are in the playoffs, but you'd think that the players would realize the need to be at the top of their game.

Maybe I'm reading too much of my own life into this, but it seems like they'd know by this point in their lives how much they can and can't drink and how late they can stay up and still get enough sleep.

when a nhl team is on a road trip,there needs to be some kind of curfew for the players,you don't want your players out partying until the wee hours of the morning,if a player{s) break team rules or miss a curfew then they need to be disciplined for their mistake

i just think this is a shrewd move by Preds management.

If the preds win the series, they'll look like geniuses as the media will praise them for galvanizing the team by making such a bold move.

if the preds lose the series, they've already found a couple of euros with little ties to the team to blame.

Weber would stomp his f***in ass if he did some of that KHL s***. And I'd love to see it.

esteef

shea weber might wanna be careful when it comes alex radulov,he can give the captain of his team a concussion(2008 playoffs against the wings,game 3 the preds scored 2 goals in seconds and jason arnott score the GWG,Radulov skated over and jumped on him, just as Arnott was turned around to face the bench, accidentally slamming his head straight into the boards.Jason Arnott got a concussion from that incedent.)

shea weber might wanna be careful when it comes alex radulov,he can give the captain of his team a concussion(2008 playoffs against the wings,game 3 the preds scored 2 goals in seconds and jason arnott score the GWG,Radulov skated over and jumped on him, just as Arnott was turned around to face the bench, accidentally slamming his head straight into the boards.Jason Arnott got a concussion from that incedent.)

Freak accident. Radulov's a *****. And I thought it was a different injury than a concussion?

esteef

Hey, I remember how Scotty used to give a doorman or someone a hockey stick in the hotel lobby and that person would ask a player to sign the stick and that's how Scotty found out who violated the curfew.

I love Scotty B. Miss him, too. He was one of a kind.

Hey, I remember how Scotty used to give a doorman or someone a hockey stick in the hotel lobby and that person would ask a player to sign the stick and that's how Scotty found out who violated the curfew.

that is a great way to catch players missing curfewthumbup.gif

Edited by PredsFanTheBayouState

Wow I just now heard this. Which is a little intriguing being that I actually ran into a handful of Nashville players Saturday night at the Saddle Ranch. Jobbing.com Arena is in a little area of Glendale called Westgate. I actually live in a condo in Westgate. This little area has tons of bars, sushi, movie theatres,you name it. There are two huge bars just prior to the entrance to the arena. One is an irish themed bar, called McFaddens, the other is a little more country themed, with a mechanical bull. That one is called Saddle Ranch.

So this short little smug ******* walks up to the bartender, whom I know personally. This guy is sporting the Nashville mohawk, and cheesy beige blazer. Totally stood out, I mean it is around 90 degrees already last Saturday. He got his drink, and as he passed by me, I asked him, "hey man, you play for the Predators?" He was like "no, I am just a big fan". He walks off. I ask the bartender, "hey what was that guys name?", she was like Chad or something. I said where was his ID from, cause I watched her card him. She said she didn't know what NB stood for, she said she thought it was Canadian, and his birth year was 89. I looked him up on my phone. It was a guy named Chet Pickard. I think hes like the third string goaltender. He had 3 other guys with him, I only recognized Hornqvist. The other two were certainly not Radulov and Kostitsyn. So being that I am working on a decent buzz, I go over to their table, and ask them what they were doing. I told them I was from Detroit, and how I felt about Shea Weber being a *****! Haha. They kind of fessed up. They said they were staying in Scottsdale. I am like wow, that's about 48 miles one way around Loop 101, (the local freeway) It was around 10-1030 I think, when talking to them. They left shortly there after. I remember thinking, these guys are playing tomorrow, an actual playoff game. Why are they here? There is a ton of stuff to do in Scottsdale, why come all the way across the valley, which is the greater Phoenix area.

No surprises here. Year before last, I went into the same bar, and noticed Ozzie having a few before the following days game. I remember being wtf, is he doing here.

yes,some nhl players do stay in their hotel room while on the road,i have read in a article that when penguins are on a road trip,sidney crosby does not leave his hotel room

Depends on their personalities, I guess. I know plenty of guys who would go out and party til 4 even if they had to get up at 5. And I know plenty of guys who would chill and watch a movie on TV 90% of the time to rest up for the game.

yes,some nhl players do stay in their hotel room while on the road,i have read in a article that when penguins are on a road trip,sidney crosby does not leave his hotel room

Nice example. Sidney Crosby. :rolleyes:

I'm just saying that booze and women on the road have been a part of sports culture for a long time.

Nice example. Sidney Crosby. :rolleyes:

I'm just saying that booze and women on the road have been a part of sports culture for a long time.

well,he is was the only nhl player that i know of that stays in their hotel room while on a road trip

You can't push a stroller in to a bar - what do you think he's going to do?

sidney crosby is over 21,so he can go into a bar while on a road trip,but he would rather stay in his room watch hockey or a movie than drinking at bar

sidney crosby is over 21,so he can go into a bar while on a road trip,but he would rather stay in his room watch hockey or a movie than drinking at bar

Would expect nothing less from one of the greatest leader's in the games history.

:ph34r:

I'm really surprised that the Predators are doing this, given they're two of their more talented offensive players. It sounds like something that happens in college sports, but not a professional league let alone in the postseason. I'm inclined to think there's more to this story than two guys out partying too late, but who knows.

If nothing else, it's a bold way for the Predators to make a point that nobody's bigger than the team. Whether the team responds... well, it'll be interesting to see how this shakes down.