• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#41 miller76

miller76

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:48 PM

Wow I just now heard this. Which is a little intriguing being that I actually ran into a handful of Nashville players Saturday night at the Saddle Ranch. Jobbing.com Arena is in a little area of Glendale called Westgate. I actually live in a condo in Westgate. This little area has tons of bars, sushi, movie theatres,you name it. There are two huge bars just prior to the entrance to the arena. One is an irish themed bar, called McFaddens, the other is a little more country themed, with a mechanical bull. That one is called Saddle Ranch.

So this short little smug ******* walks up to the bartender, whom I know personally. This guy is sporting the Nashville mohawk, and cheesy beige blazer. Totally stood out, I mean it is around 90 degrees already last Saturday. He got his drink, and as he passed by me, I asked him, "hey man, you play for the Predators?" He was like "no, I am just a big fan". He walks off. I ask the bartender, "hey what was that guys name?", she was like Chad or something. I said where was his ID from, cause I watched her card him. She said she didn't know what NB stood for, she said she thought it was Canadian, and his birth year was 89. I looked him up on my phone. It was a guy named Chet Pickard. I think hes like the third string goaltender. He had 3 other guys with him, I only recognized Hornqvist. The other two were certainly not Radulov and Kostitsyn. So being that I am working on a decent buzz, I go over to their table, and ask them what they were doing. I told them I was from Detroit, and how I felt about Shea Weber being a *****! Haha. They kind of fessed up. They said they were staying in Scottsdale. I am like wow, that's about 48 miles one way around Loop 101, (the local freeway) It was around 10-1030 I think, when talking to them. They left shortly there after. I remember thinking, these guys are playing tomorrow, an actual playoff game. Why are they here? There is a ton of stuff to do in Scottsdale, why come all the way across the valley, which is the greater Phoenix area.

No surprises here. Year before last, I went into the same bar, and noticed Ozzie having a few before the following days game. I remember being wtf, is he doing here.
lighten up people, it's the internet!

#42 HelmFan

HelmFan

Rookie

• Pip
  • 146 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:48 PM

any one think that if the Preds lose again Radulov doesn't show up for the 4th game with some blatantly transparent "excuse" of why he couldn't play?

f'n pre-modona.

#43 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,827 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:54 PM

Does anybody actually think NHL players stay in their hotel rooms and read the Bible every night on the road?

Edited by GMRwings1983, 01 May 2012 - 08:54 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#44 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:05 PM

Does anybody actually think NHL players stay in their hotel rooms and read the Bible every night on the road?

yes,some nhl players do stay in their hotel room while on the road,i have read in a article that when penguins are on a road trip,sidney crosby does not leave his hotel room

#45 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,561 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:12 PM

yes,some nhl players do stay in their hotel room while on the road,i have read in a article that when penguins are on a road trip,sidney crosby does not leave his hotel room

Depends on their personalities, I guess. I know plenty of guys who would go out and party til 4 even if they had to get up at 5. And I know plenty of guys who would chill and watch a movie on TV 90% of the time to rest up for the game.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#46 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,827 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:14 PM

Nice example. Sidney Crosby. :rolleyes:

I'm just saying that booze and women on the road have been a part of sports culture for a long time.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#47 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:20 PM

You can't push a stroller in to a bar - what do you think he's going to do?

#48 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:27 PM

Nice example. Sidney Crosby. :rolleyes:

I'm just saying that booze and women on the road have been a part of sports culture for a long time.

well,he is was the only nhl player that i know of that stays in their hotel room while on a road trip

You can't push a stroller in to a bar - what do you think he's going to do?

sidney crosby is over 21,so he can go into a bar while on a road trip,but he would rather stay in his room watch hockey or a movie than drinking at bar

#49 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:38 PM

sidney crosby is over 21,so he can go into a bar while on a road trip,but he would rather stay in his room watch hockey or a movie than drinking at bar

Would expect nothing less from one of the greatest leader's in the games history.

:ph34r:

#50 Resetti

Resetti

Rookie

• Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:58 PM

I'm really surprised that the Predators are doing this, given they're two of their more talented offensive players. It sounds like something that happens in college sports, but not a professional league let alone in the postseason. I'm inclined to think there's more to this story than two guys out partying too late, but who knows.

If nothing else, it's a bold way for the Predators to make a point that nobody's bigger than the team. Whether the team responds... well, it'll be interesting to see how this shakes down.

#51 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,748 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:04 PM

Radulov has always struck me as the kind of kid in high school who thought he was the s*** but everyone else secretly hated him.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#52 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:36 AM

Posted Image

Photoshop people, have at it.
Two Russians walk into a bar...

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#53 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:46 AM

Hopefully this helps the Yotes get 3 Games up on them tonight.

#54 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:03 AM

I agree, I like to have a beer or 10 after a day of work so why can't these guys..as long as they keep it classy I don't see what the big deal is. I've seen lots of players in the Roxy in Vancouver after a game...no biggie.

I don't want to defend Radulov because he's obviously a selfish tool but the shorter the leash you give these guys and the more you treat them like babies it seems the worse it almost makes it. When was the last time we had an issue like this? I can't even think of one.

Edited by puckbags, 02 May 2012 - 09:06 AM.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#55 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:16 AM

I agree, I like to have a beer or 10 after a day of work so why can't these guys..as long as they keep it classy I don't see what the big deal is. I've seen lots of players in the Roxy in Vancouver after a game...no biggie.

I don't want to defend Radulov because he's obviously a selfish tool but the shorter the leash you give these guys and the more you treat them like babies it seems the worse it almost makes it. When was the last time we had an issue like this? I can't even think of one.

Well the guys are usually there in between days going to a different city. and plus this is playoff time way more serious than the regular season
IPB Image

#56 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:19 AM

See Delmon Young.

Adam Lind also says 'what's up?'

As far as I know the specifics, other than curfew, have not been released by the Preds. If you read the quotes that Poile gave to the press it sounds like there is a lot more to it than just curfew. Regardless, the way Radulov and Kostitsyn had been playing it serves the Preds better to sit them down. Halischuk and Tootoo will bring energy to their team tonight and it's possible that being made to look like idiots and missing a playoff game may actually like a fire under Radulov and Kostitsyn's asses.

Also, I dont think many people have a problem with players going out and partying and doing all the things we all like to do. The issue is more keeping it in moderation. There are a lot of companies who would dislike it if you were on a corporate business trip and you were out partying until 4 or 5 in the morning and your performance is down. Everything in moderation

Edited by mmamolo, 02 May 2012 - 09:21 AM.

Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#57 paulwoodsfan

paulwoodsfan

Rookie

• Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:27 AM

Preds mgmt did the right thing. Wings mgmt should have done the same when Proby, Klima et al got plastered at Goose Loonie's the night before a playoff game in Edmonton. Players cannot put their own desire for fun above the team, especially in the playoffs.

#58 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,921 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:31 AM

Someone once said, "Never give a curfew. The players you need are always the ones that get caught."

I don't remember if it was a professional coach or my dad.

#59 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:32 AM

Well the guys are usually there in between days going to a different city. and plus this is playoff time way more serious than the regular season

Of course it is .and a lot more stressful...a guy can't have a couple of beers with his buddies? I'm not talking about going out and getting floor licking s***tered and banging hookers and snorting rails but having a couple isn't a big deal. Note to self : I'm starting to sound like a drunk lol

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#60 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:41 AM

Of course it is .and a lot more stressful...a guy can't have a couple of beers with his buddies? I'm not talking about going out and getting floor licking s***tered and banging hookers and snorting rails but having a couple isn't a big deal. Note to self : I'm starting to sound like a drunk lol

I think a guy should be able to have a couple, but also at the end of the day they're responsable for theemselves and making sure they get back before curfew
IPB Image