• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#81 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:32 PM

radulov never said anything to the media about what he wants to do after the playoffs are over,that was the khl president that said that alex radulov doesn't intend to sign a long term contract in nashville and the khl believes that radulov will be back in the khl for the 20012-2013 season

To be honest, I hope he does stay in Nashville. He's talented as all hell, but he hasn't demonstrated anything to suggest he's team player in his entire career.

#82 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,251 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:33 PM

To be honest, I hope he does stay in Nashville. He's talented as all hell, but he hasn't demonstrated anything to suggest he's team player in his entire career.

I hope he does too. He ran to the KHL for more money while under contract with the Preds, then upon his return for the playoffs, he's living it up past curfew the night before a 2nd round playoff game.

Keep up the good work. I bet your teammates really respect you and love playing with you. :thumbup:

#83 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,947 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:37 PM

A few days late, but I guess Nashville thinks it's more serious for missing curfew than the NHL thinks slamming an opponents head into the glass is.

No joke, the non Weber suspension has turned me off from the playoffs. I couldn't tell you what the 2nd round series are at right now. I've watched about 5 minutes total of the 2nd round.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#84 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:57 PM

A few days late, but I guess Nashville thinks it's more serious for missing curfew than the NHL thinks slamming an opponents head into the glass is.

No joke, the non Weber suspension has turned me off from the playoffs. I couldn't tell you what the 2nd round series are at right now. I've watched about 5 minutes total of the 2nd round.

The Weber non-suspension sucked for sure but you're missing some good hockey.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#85 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,291 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:52 PM

Now the question is.....are Koistitsyn and Radulov re-inserted for Game 4?

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#86 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:47 AM

Trotz said he liked his lineup in game 3. We shall see...
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#87 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:55 AM

They played better without them, I think they should grab some pine until the Preds lose again.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#88 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:34 AM

Their training for Sochi has begun.
If they go back in:
Posted Image

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#89 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:29 AM

Radulov is benched again for tonight, not sure about kostitsyn. "They didnt want to change anything from last game"

tweeted by puck daddy
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#90 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,623 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:54 AM

Trotz sitting Radulov, Kostitsyn again vs Coyotes
"NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - Predators coach Barry Trotz is sitting forwards Alexander Radulov and Andrei Kostitsyn for Game 4 against Phoenix on Friday night because he doesn't want to change a winning formula."
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#91 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:40 PM

Has the official team photo hasn't been taken? No? Good!

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#92 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:00 PM

This is almost too good to be true the way it's playing out.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#93 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,770 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:25 PM

Trotz sitting Radulov, Kostitsyn again vs Coyotes
"NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - Predators coach Barry Trotz is sitting forwards Alexander Radulov and Andrei Kostitsyn for Game 4 against Phoenix on Friday night because he doesn't want to change a winning formula."

This really could backfire against him. If the Preds win, then the Trotz will be hailed as a genius. If the Preds loose though, odds are they will lose the series. Trotz is not immune to being fired thats for damn sure. I would really think long and hard about this decision. At least if he played his star players and lost, the press won't tear into him too much. There is just too much to lose at this stage.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#94 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:15 PM

This really could backfire against him. If the Preds win, then the Trotz will be hailed as a genius. If the Preds loose though, odds are they will lose the series. Trotz is not immune to being fired thats for damn sure. I would really think long and hard about this decision. At least if he played his star players and lost, the press won't tear into him too much. There is just too much to lose at this stage.

I know right? That would be like Babcock benching Franzen and Hudler for a playoff game. :ph34r:

esteef

#95 Nightfall

Nightfall

• Gold Booster
  • 3,770 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:04 PM

I know right? That would be like Babcock benching Franzen and Hudler for a playoff game. :ph34r:

esteef

Actually, Radulov leads the team in playoff points. Its like sitting Dats or Zetterberg and Hudler.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#96 Nevermind

Nevermind

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:20 PM

Actually, Radulov leads the team in playoff points. Its like sitting Dats or Zetterberg and Hudler.

No, it's not. Datsyuk and Zetterberg are still much better than Radulov. It's just that Nashville doesn't really have any elite forwards so you're comparing in relative terms.

Besides, Datsyuk and Zetterberg are just as good, if not better, defensively as they are offensively. Radulov is horrendous in his own end. In the first 2 games of the Phoenix series, he was more of a liability than anything and floated too much for even a preseason game.

Edited by Nevermind, 04 May 2012 - 03:22 PM.

#97 Nightfall

Nightfall

• Gold Booster
  • 3,770 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:26 PM

No, it's not. Datsyuk and Zetterberg are still much better than Radulov. It's just that Nashville doesn't really have any elite forwards so you're comparing in relative terms.

Besides, Datsyuk and Zetterberg are just as good, if not better, defensively as they are offensively. Radulov is horrendous in his own end. In the first 2 games of the Phoenix series, he was more of a liability than anything and floated too much for even a preseason game.

IMHO, Dats and Z > Radulov
Kostitsyn > Hudler

Its a push...but still its something worth talking about.

If you were Barry Trotz, would you bench these players for game 3? I don't think I would.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#98 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:09 PM

Coyotes/Preds Goes Largely Unnoticed During Overtime Wednesday

Game 3 of the Western Conference Semifinal between Phoenix and Nashville drew just 231,000 viewers on CNBC Wednesday, marking the second-lowest numbers of the 2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs. The numbers can be explained with the game ending before the Rangers-Capitals triple-overtime classic did (while drawing 1.9 million viewers), but still, to get that low a numbers is somewhat shocking.

#99 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:08 PM

Coyotes/Preds Goes Largely Unnoticed During Overtime Wednesday

Good! Their loss!

esteef

#100 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:33 PM

Maybe one of them will be back in if not both?