• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Textbook

HBO 24/7 Returning for Maple Leafs @ Red Wings Winter Classic

Rate this topic

I'm a pessimist, but also a realist.

A Don Fehr led NHLPA is not gonna lie down for the BOG...It happened once before - why couldn't it happen again?

They won't allow it to happen due to the fact that they know if they do infact don't reach an agreement and the league does go through another lockout... they are most likely not going to recover from it. They've already said numerous times that they WILL be reaching an agreement, but right now its on the backburners until the season concludes. They've had some in-house meetings so far with the NHLPA and sources say its already on a good path. They've asked collectively what each party would like to see come out of it and constructed a list, which makes for it to be smoother come time to actually sit down and put ink on paper.

This show to me is ALMOST as good as the game. I cant wait to see the coaches, the players and WHO surprises me. We all have ideas of how people's personalities are...especially in conflict, but I imagine there are more than a few guys that are way nicer or jerkier, or funnier or flatter than we think. Very stoked! I am even stoked about seeing Burke to see what an a-hole he and his team are....weeeeeeeeeee

I'm a pessimist, but also a realist.

A Don Fehr led NHLPA is not gonna lie down for the BOG...It happened once before - why couldn't it happen again?

Just because it happened once before doesn't mean it will happen again. If anything both parties - NHLPA and the NHL - saw how much was lost on both sides not to let it happen again. I think, despite some people thinking it'll get nsty (which it might), that both sides will be more apt to sorting it out together. They may want to kill each other but both sides now know how much of a vested interested they each have in finding something that works for everyone.

dont forget guys, even if they did cancel next years season, they would probably just give us the WC the following year. its not like it a one year shot at it.

"God damn it Brian Boyle how many ******* times have we practiced that!?!?!" Torts on Boyle's turn over that led to a goal. 24/7 .. CANT WAIT. Babs doesnt seem like the guy to drop f-bombs like that but who knows.

Babcock himself said he doesn't really yell all that much. Probably because he believes that yelling won't reach a group as filled with veterans as the Wings. Therefore he believes it won't do any good and it's a waste of energy. Not sure if I agree but I've perceived that kind of sentiment when I heard him say that.

This is why, no matter how bland some Wings may appear (whether on purpose on not) on camera, the show for Wings fans will be hilarious:

From Yahoo Sports’ Dmitry Chesnokov:

Datsyuk: “For next year’s Winter Classic I need to read more books and come up with a follow up about the Universe and celestial objects.”

BTW, Datsyuk and Bryzgalov were roomies in Vancouver during the Olympics. “But we didn’t talk about space,” Datsyuk said.

Datsyuk: "For next year's Winter Classic I need to read more books and come up with a follow up about the Universe and celestial objects."

BTW, Datsyuk and Bryzgalov were roomies in Vancouver during the Olympics. "But we didn't talk about space," Datsyuk said.

:clap: