• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:25 AM

For some reason, I get the idea that Randy Carlyle will be boring.

i don't think he can top former capitals head coach bruce boudreau's f -bomb speech on 24/7

You mean the one that his own mother was upset at? :lol:

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#22 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,739 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:32 AM

Now if we can get that little CBA thing worked out...

That really is the only thing I fear at this stage. The negotiations haven't even started yet, and that scares me.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#23 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:53 AM

Don't worry; Uncle Gary has it all figured out:

Posted Image

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#24 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,513 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:56 AM

I'm still eagerly anticipating the NHL BOG vs NHLPA showdown.

IMHO there's a 50/50 chance (if not 60/40) we're not gonna see a 2012/2013 season.

Edited by F.Michael, 02 May 2012 - 08:01 AM.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#25 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:10 AM

I'm still eagerly anticipating the NHL BOG vs NHLPA showdown.

IMHO there's a 50/50 chance (if not 60/40) we're not gonna see a 2012/2013 season.

That's ridiculous. You may not feel as though there will be a season (based on your 50/50 or 60/40 odds but that doesnt mean it's true. Is there a chance the start of the season is delayed? Sure. But the odds of the season be cancelled in it's entirety? The odds are way smaller than you'd have us believe
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#26 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:22 AM

Can't wait. Datsyuk better get most airplay.

OK, Holmstrom better be coming back for another year now.

I think both of them are hilarious in front of the camera if they want to be. Hope we get to see some of it. Now I will just have to figure out how to watch it without HBO.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#27 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,513 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:23 AM

That's ridiculous. You may not feel as though there will be a season (based on your 50/50 or 60/40 odds but that doesnt mean it's true. Is there a chance the start of the season is delayed? Sure. But the odds of the season be cancelled in it's entirety? The odds are way smaller than you'd have us believe

I'm a pessimist, but also a realist.

A Don Fehr led NHLPA is not gonna lie down for the BOG...It happened once before - why couldn't it happen again?

#28 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:02 AM

A Don Fehr led NHLPA is not gonna lie down for the BOG...It happened once before - why couldn't it happen again?

They won't allow it to happen due to the fact that they know if they do infact don't reach an agreement and the league does go through another lockout... they are most likely not going to recover from it. They've already said numerous times that they WILL be reaching an agreement, but right now its on the backburners until the season concludes. They've had some in-house meetings so far with the NHLPA and sources say its already on a good path. They've asked collectively what each party would like to see come out of it and constructed a list, which makes for it to be smoother come time to actually sit down and put ink on paper.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#29 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,513 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:09 AM

They won't allow it to happen due to the fact that they know if they do infact don't reach an agreement and the league does go through another lockout... they are most likely not going to recover from it. They've already said numerous times that they WILL be reaching an agreement, but right now its on the backburners until the season concludes. They've had some in-house meetings so far with the NHLPA and sources say its already on a good path. They've asked collectively what each party would like to see come out of it and constructed a list, which makes for it to be smoother come time to actually sit down and put ink on paper.

I hope you're right, and I'm wrong...That said I don't share your optimism.

IMHO the animosity already started when the NHLPA rejected the BOG's re-alignment proposal...I'm of the belief that what we hear is Bettman sugar coating things; my impression is that it'll get nasty within weeks of the Cup being awarded.

#30 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:51 PM

This show to me is ALMOST as good as the game. I cant wait to see the coaches, the players and WHO surprises me. We all have ideas of how people's personalities are...especially in conflict, but I imagine there are more than a few guys that are way nicer or jerkier, or funnier or flatter than we think. Very stoked! I am even stoked about seeing Burke to see what an a-hole he and his team are....weeeeeeeeeee
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#31 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,928 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:57 PM

Beruzzi will steal the show for the wings... When I lived in kelowna last year the wings had a couple practices at the rockets arena... A lot of the players went to Roses; a local pub, and Bertuzzi was slamming beers with a bunch of hot chicks talking about how good he was at golf

#32 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:01 AM

I'd be happy with datsyuk the entire duration of the show. Whether I understand him or not I always am smiling so big at his broken English and quiet demeanor

#33 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:07 AM

Just because it happened once before doesn't mean it will happen again. If anything both parties - NHLPA and the NHL - saw how much was lost on both sides not to let it happen again. I think, despite some people thinking it'll get nsty (which it might), that both sides will be more apt to sorting it out together. They may want to kill each other but both sides now know how much of a vested interested they each have in finding something that works for everyone.
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#34 BamaWing

BamaWing

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:27 AM

There's definitely gotta be a fight to get what the players want and need but the NHL cannot go through another lockout

Posted Image

#35 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:55 AM

dont forget guys, even if they did cancel next years season, they would probably just give us the WC the following year. its not like it a one year shot at it.
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#36 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:11 PM

Anti-case in point: All-Star Game, Atlanta.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#37 PROBIE4PREZ

PROBIE4PREZ

In Holland I trust.

• PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:58 PM

"God damn it Brian Boyle how manyf****** times have we practiced that!?!?!" Torts on Boyle's turn over that led to a goal. 24/7 .. CANT WAIT. Babs doesnt seem like the guy to drop f-bombs like that but who knows.
"I mean, the best thing for my knee, for anyone's knee, is to never play again and retire. But I'm not going to do that." o-captain my captain

#38 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,513 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:20 PM

Just because it happened once before doesn't mean it will happen again. If anything both parties - NHLPA and the NHL - saw how much was lost on both sides not to let it happen again. I think, despite some people thinking it'll get nsty (which it might), that both sides will be more apt to sorting it out together. They may want to kill each other but both sides now know how much of a vested interested they each have in finding something that works for everyone.

Of course both sides are aware of the repercussions if there's another work stoppage - however it's well known the NHLPA feel as though the owners had/have the upper hand.

Now we're seeing the owners/players of both the NBA/NFL sign on cba's that appear to favor the owners; will this trend continue for the NHL, or will the Don Fehr led NHLPA stand their ground?..Many of the current players were around when the BOG/NHLPA last negotiated, and will they want some form of redemption.

I'm hoping everything gets sorted out - however I'm not holding my breath.

#39 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:26 PM

Babcock himself said he doesn't really yell all that much. Probably because he believes that yelling won't reach a group as filled with veterans as the Wings. Therefore he believes it won't do any good and it's a waste of energy. Not sure if I agree but I've perceived that kind of sentiment when I heard him say that.

#40 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,160 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:30 PM

Let's please discuss the 24/7 show, not the potential for a lock out. That deserves it's own topic.

Thanks!
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011