• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Setemupknockem

Mike babcock taking questions on live stream

Rate this topic

Wait what? Ovi said that hes playing in the world championships no matter what? When the hell, man what the hell. I feel like im getting side blind hit with some of these remarks...

what are they referring to with Kindl? They're unsure he's coming back to America? Or his status for world championships?

they were just saying hes back and forth for the world championships. whether or not hell make the team.

Wait what? Ovi said that hes playing in the world championships no matter what? When the hell, man what the hell. I feel like im getting side blind hit with some of these remarks...

I like that pressure from him. NHL'ers need to be in the olympics. amateur or not, the best in the world need to be showcased.

they were just saying hes back and forth for the world championships. whether or not hell make the team.

I like that pressure from him. NHL'ers need to be in the olympics. amateur or not, the best in the world need to be showcased.

If Ovi was on my team and we were still in the playoffs, and I heard that he "was going to the worlds no matter what" I would demand him take off that C. Let's worry whats at hand, especially as a captain he isn't setting the pace or notion with remarks like that. I know he's getting less ice time because he's a huge defensive liability but still.... you're in the playoffs and a captain none the less. And thanks for the clear up on Kindl. Appreciate it bud!

If Ovi was on my team and we were still in the playoffs, and I heard that he "was going to the worlds no matter what" I would demand him take off that C. Let's worry whats at hand, especially as a captain he isn't setting the pace or notion with remarks like that. I know he's getting less ice time because he's a huge defensive liability but still.... you're in the playoffs and a captain none the less. And thanks for the clear up on Kindl. Appreciate it bud!

no ovi was talking about the olympics, not world champ

Guest blueadams

WOW. Thanks a lot for posting that link. If anyone here hasn't listened to it yet, you need to. Lots of information. I'll do my best here to summarize what I took from it.

...I'm guessing that we'll want to look something like this next season:

*Parise(hopefully)-Datsyuk-Franzen

Nyquist-Zetterberg-Filppula

*???*(someone bigger)-Helm-Bertuzzi

Cleary-Abdelkader-*???*(someone bigger)

Miller/Eaves

Emmerton

Lidstrom-*Wideman

Kronwall-White

Ericsson-Quincey

Smith

Howard

*???*

----------

Point #1: First and foremost - seems to be his #1 priority for the off-season as a whole - Babcock said he wants to add more DEPTH to the forward lines. Talked a lot about how the third lines of other teams still in the playoffs (including Nashville against us) are scoring a lot of goals; and how ours was -5 in the series. He singled that third line difference as the biggest reason we lost the series (all the one goal games). He said that Helm would've helped a lot, and that he's one of the best third-line centers in the league; so I guess that we won't be looking to bring someone in and move him to the fourth line.

Point #2: He said that he wants to bring in a top six forward to replace Bertuzzi on the top line and help out Pav. He also said that he doesn't forsee any trades being made; so I guess this will be a free agency signing. It sounds like Parise is the ideal, but he didn't sound overly optimistic about being able to lure him away from his own team, or in being able to beat out the league-wide competition for him (along with Suter). He also talked a lot about the importance of accountability (wrt to Ovechkin), so I'm guessing that Semin won't be considered.

Point #3: He said that he wants to add a defenseman as well. And he talked a lot about the importance of adding another right handed shot to the PP, which makes me think that maybe we aren't targeting Suter? Maybe Wideman instead? He also said that he expects Smith to be on the team...specifying that he'd be in the top 7, not a top six player unless he earned it.

Point #4: He said that he really liked the second line (Huds-Hank-Val) in the series, and that makes me think that we might want to bring Huds back (which might move Bertuzzi to the third line, improving depth). But I think in the end it ends up being unfeasible, and we simply replace him in the lineup with Nyquist.

Point #5: He said that he expects Nyquist to be on the team next year. But him and Smith are it. Mentioned that he's heard Jarnkrok might end up being an elite player though. Mentioned Tatar too, but not much about him.

Point #6: He said that he wants to his non-very skilled (of which Nyquist is one) players to be much bigger. Talked about how that's important in a series. Makes me think that we may be considering replacing Miller or Eaves? I guess Sheahan or Andersson won't be the added size either, as he said he only expects Smith and Nyquist to make the team.

Point #7: Sounds like we'll be bringing in another new #2 goalie. Doesn't trust Joey-Mac's back. This certainly didn't sound like it would be a high-profile signing either...as he'd be competing with Mac for a job in training camp.

Edited by blueadams