• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Jedi

Jedi

Christmastime is buzzing in my skull...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,825 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:41 PM

I found out originally from TMZ, however, TMZ's site has some borderline NSFW material. Here's a better link.

http://www.mercuryne...au-fatally-shot

If true, this seems to be another case of sports head injury/suicide link. Seau had an ex wife and 3 kids. Reports on twitter now are saying that he shot himself in the chest.

"And the best, I must confess, I have saved for the last, for the ruler of this Christmas land,

is a fearsome king with a deep mighty voice, least, that's what I've come to understand.

And I've also heard it told, that he's something to behold, like a lobster, huge and red!

When he sets out to slay with his rain gear on, carting bulging sacks with his big great arms, that is so I've heard it said.

And on a dark cold night, under full moon light, he flies into a fog like a vulture in the sky!

And they call him Sandy Claws!

#2 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,280 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:41 PM

What a shame.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#3 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:01 PM

The NFL seems to do things proactively. So far, not so much with the issue of CTE; other than suspensions being handed out. Careers are short enough as it is, now lives are being shortened because of ti.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#4 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

From New York Times:

The former NFL linebacker Junior Seau had a degenerative brain disease linked to repeated head trauma when he committed suicide last spring, the National Institute of Health said Thursday.

#5 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,525 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

This is very sad, and hopefully will make a difference for players, going forward.  RIP, Junior.

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#6 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:27 PM

From CTV News:

PHILADELPHIA -- The NFL and more than 4,500 former players want to resolve concussion-related lawsuits with a US$765 million settlement that would fund medical exams, concussion-related compensation and medical research, a U.S. federal judge said Thursday.

The plaintiffs include at least 10 members of the Pro Football Hall of Fame, including former Dallas Cowboys running back Tony Dorsett. They also include Super Bowl-winning quarterback Jim McMahon and the family of Pro Bowl linebacker Junior Seau, who committed suicide last year.

When in doubt, throw money.

#7 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,940 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:46 PM

From CTV News:

When in doubt, throw money.

As long as the money is going for medical exams and funding and research, it's going towards solving the problem.  I'm ok with that.

It's too late for these guys, but if they can keep it from ruining the lives of future players, it's good.

Football, like hockey, is a rough sport.  If they can keep the action in the game whilst reducing the risks as much as possible, everyone wins- fans and players alike.

#8 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:58 AM

Just saw "League of Denial". Holy crap.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users