• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,746 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:32 AM

Just wanted to inform you about a game named Path of Exile. Basically the game is a very traditional hack and slay with some great tweaks.

Instead of having a skilltree you are offered a skillnet with tons of options but they are only passive, your actual skills are gem-based (rewards for slaying monsters, finishing quests). There are classes in this game but they are only important for your starting point in the skillnet.

Passive Skillnet:

As you can see some passive talents are colored [color=green] green (strengh)[/green], red (dexterity) and blue (intelligence). The gear you are going to find will have colored slots in which you can put your gems. Later you will find 4,5,6+ slots gear at the beginning its usually 1 and max 2.

Sounds complicated? Let me give you an example.

You have found a green-gem skill "glacial hammer" in order to use that skill you need to have an item with at least 1 green slot thats all you need. Once the gem is equipped it will level with your character (getting 1/10 of your characters xp).
Posted Image
At higher levels you will find support-gems they are special because they are only passive but will advance the "normal gems" even further. Some can add another form of damage, poison effects and even life leech.

Currently the game is in closed Beta and the max level will be 100 its really great fun, offers a gothic enviroment and for a F2P hack and slay nice graphics. If you have any questions feel free to ask me.

Links:
- Game http://www.pathofexile.com
- FAQ http://www.pathofexile.com/faq/

Options:
Grinding Gear Games is and indipendend developer so if you want to support them, you can do some sort of kickstarter-help and get rewarded with a beta key ( https://www.pathofexile.com/purchase/ ).

Personally speaking its the best hack and slay I have played since years, if they don't screw up the itemshop I will play it for a long time but be warned its highly addicting so know your limits :-)There is no gold currency in the game meaning chinafarmers and other companies won't bother you with their stupid scam. Trades are done for transmutation-orbs which can increase the quality of your gear and even add some slots (new ones or advance olds) into it.

Edited by frankgrimes, 03 May 2012 - 03:34 AM.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#2 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:57 PM

Sounds like it would be right up my alley, i've been a fan of games like Torchlight, Diablo, Kingdoms of Amalur, Dungeon Siege, etc. Anything that is a mass looting RPG is very attractive to me, and I do tend to get sucked into games like this for weeks on end.

My big question is, as i'm primarily a console gamer, is it going to be PC only or is there a chance of it going to consoles as well?

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#3 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,746 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:43 AM

Its going to be PC only but it doesn't cost anything so go for it, youcan try it for free. Give me a tell once you are ingame so I can help you out with some tips.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#4 GoWings!

GoWings!

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:54 AM

You guys should play the Diablo 2 mod called Median XL. If you guys like hack and slash and loot Plus a challenge,you guys gotta play this mod. Path of Exile is cool so far. I know Diablo 2 graphics are lame but the fun factor of the mod is high.

Edited by GoWings!, 01 August 2012 - 09:55 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users