• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Diluvian04

Rooting for New Jersey, Nashville, and Washington to lose

Rate this topic

Is anyone else rooting for these teams to lose? I find myself cheering against these teams for selfish reasons. It's the theory that if they lose the chances of Suter, Parise, and Semin will leave their current teams and will be looking for new homes. Is anyone else rooting for them to lose? It probably doesn't matter either way but still has me cheering against them.

agreed with your thinking. i dont want semin though. i find myself wanting to break my tv when i see him taking the crap penalties that he has been taking.

Part of me wants to root against New Jersey to give us a better chance at Parise. The other, selfish part of me wants the Devils to win the whole thing so I can actually see and touch the Cup out here. Given that the chances of us getting Parise are probably slim to none, I'll root for the Devils and just buy a Devils Parise jersey next year. :P

Wow I didn't even think of rooting against them cause we could ****** their players this offseason if they lose. Makes sense though! Funny thing is I've been rooting against these teams anyway lol.

Dislike NJ because they run a bad organization over there if you ask me (kovies salary) and I like Philly cause they run a great franchise. So many good and interesting trades and their impressive youth movement....plus I was rooting for them against the Pens so I figure I might as well continue lol.

Dislike Nash cause they beat us this year...Like PHX cause they seem to do so much with so little. Despite their franchise's financial issues they always seem to pull together as a team and play that cohesive team game I love. They have some stars but no real superstars.

Dislike Caps cause they have shown to me they are choke artists and I HATE lazy russians....Reallyyyyy like the Rangers. Original six pride. Plus what a great team they've put together....Tough, skilled, fast, deep, hardworking, strong leaders (Callahan is the F'ing man!) and the skilled youth you often find in a strong cup run.

Tack on STL to teams I'm rooting against. Divisional rival and their fans arrogance has really steamed my beans. Actually liked the team they put together at the beginning of the season, but now they think they're the hottest s*** on the block now that they had 1 good season. Wings know the regular season dont matter and track records speak volumes....Also want to see 8th seed Kings upset everyone lol.

I am rooting against the Devils, Rangers, Blues, and Predators. Since the Wings can't win this year, I want a team who hasn't won it before to win, but I hate the Blues and Preds, so they're out. I want the Caps to come out of the East, and the Kings or Yotes from the West.

Ironically I am rooting for the same 3 teams to lose and for pretty much the same reason too!! I really wanna see the Rangers win the Cup just becasue I'd like to see the Original 6 Teams Trend to Continue. Det in 08, Chi in 10, Bos in 11, and hopefully NYR in 12 IMO!!

With you on Nashville, but that's about all I care for. I can sympathize with the want for Parise/Devils out. Nashville could collapse into the Earth for all I care. And St. Losers can follow them. I kind of want the Caps to win since the Rangers were so good, kind of an underdog vote. Then again, I rooted for the Rangers during most of their games I saw this year. I guess what I'm trying to say is, f*** Nashville and St. Louis.

NJ I've always been indifferent about, same this year. I've had a general disliking towards pretty much all Philly teams due to their obnoxious fan base in general. Probably being unfair some, but the Flyers are starting to grow on me a little bit. Wouldn't mind seeing them advance.

Have zero against the Nashville team itself, but want them out 100% solely because of their fans. I can deal with the razzing and the like in-game, but right after the game/series ended and they were being disrespectful, that did it for me.

As for New York/Washington, NY would be cool b/c they are Original 6 and haven't made a deep playoff run in a while, but doesn't really matter to me who advances in this series.

Guest Shoreline

I only want the Preds and Blues to lose, but having the Devils lose too would be cool, just not amongst the two series' I care much about in terms of who wins or loses. It's been a fairly decent series so far to watch.

Edited by Shoreline