Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:30 PM

We re-sign him no doubt.

#42 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,935 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:27 AM

Again, that's nice in theory if Quincey had actually been a valuable addition. You can't just say Quincey is going to replace Stuart if he isn't capable of the role. It doesn't make the move any more appealing because Holland used that line back in February. You also neglected to address the point where I said Quincey isn't a top four d-man which Stuart was. So I still don't see how you can call it a "replacement".

Right now, based on Ericsson's last stretch of games to end the season I think he will be replacing Stuart and imo will be a solid upgrade. Stuart has been awful for 3 years. He gets turned inside out almost once a game and I bet we will notice a difference in Kronwall's game now that he is gone. White, Quincey, Smith, and Kindl all competing to play on the bottom pairing is a good problem to have.

#43 EastonWings

EastonWings

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:30 PM

We outta give the oilers a call and offer Quincy,kindl and filpulla for that number 1 overall. Being the oilers gm has made it known they want blue line help. Then we can draft Yakapov and spend on free agency on d. Quincy is young and has value. Just not sure he fit in with our system.

Edited by EastonWings, 06 May 2012 - 05:31 PM.

#44 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,060 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:39 PM

Man, imagine if Holland somehow snagged that pick.

1st overall....

We'd probably draft Lilja or something.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#45 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:30 PM

It's cool that Quincey receives consideration for the Canadian team. I'm happy that he's playing there.

#46 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:37 PM

With Vlasic done for the tournament Quincey should see a bunch of ice time now too.

Tomorrow he's starting despite having just gotten to Finland.

#47 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,198 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:11 PM

Kenny should offer Quincey a 1 year, 2.5 mil contract to give him the year to play with the Wings and get the chemistry that was lacking cause of the change getting Quincey back and the constant injuries all year at every position. Once the pre-season is ready to kick off, we'll see how the Wings blue line looks and whether or not we have Lids, Suter, Quincey and whoever else Kenny has his sights on. I think personally that it would be a disservice to the Wings tossing a 1st for a rental that still has a lot of potential. He kinda sucked in the playoffs and leading up to them, but he needs to be given a good shot with a regular D partner. if it doesn't work out, then that's the beauty of the 1 year contracts.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#48 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:59 PM

I'd love for another team to offer sheet him, if that happens, Holland could get a few decent picks for him. He may have been underwhelming during the end of the season/playoffs on the DRWs, but the facts remain the same, he's a decent PMD that can score and QB the PP. He also has some size and can be physical. D-men of his caliber may not be rare, but he's still appealing to teams looking to beef up their blue line.

Maybe I'm just being optimistic...

#49 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,617 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:22 PM

I'd love for another team to offer sheet him, if that happens, Holland could get a few decent picks for him. He may have been underwhelming during the end of the season/playoffs on the DRWs, but the facts remain the same, he's a decent PMD that can score and QB the PP. He also has some size and can be physical. D-men of his caliber may not be rare, but he's still appealing to teams looking to beef up their blue line.

I want the same thing to happen....

Holland has to offer him a qualifying offer of $3.25M (his salary last year(he does get an automatic raise because he is making over $1M)) hopefully he turns it down and gets signed somewhere else for the $3.5M or more he is probably worth, then Holland not only gets his 1st round pick back that he gave up, he also gets a 3rd to go with it! If Holland does not qualify him, he becomes a UFA...

I just don't see room for him on this team with the possibility of Suter signing and Lidstrom coming back. Not unless Smith is staying in GR for another year...(not to mention Cap issues if it doesn't go up)

Kronwall - Suter
White - Lidstrom
Ericsson - Quincey
Kindl (Smith in GR)

I would rather have the picks for Quincey, make Smith the #6 D-Man in his place...of course Kindl could always be traded but he may not get you a 3rd, let alone a 1st and 3rd... Let's hope if Quincey does leave, he signs somewhere like Columbus or Montreal so that 2013 1st rounder may possibly be a lottery pick!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#50 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:25 PM

Yes, you're being hugely optimistic. How many offer sheets do you see given each offseason? And if he's as good as you're saying, why shouldn't Holland keep him?

Edited by Crymson, 20 May 2012 - 03:28 PM.

#51 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,617 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:38 PM

Yes, you're being hugely optimistic. How many offer sheets do you see given each offseason? And if he's as good as you're saying, why shouldn't Holland keep him?

I wouldn't mind Quincey at $3M per season for 3-5, but that either keeps Smith in GR or makes him #7 if they traded Kindl and singed both Suter and Lidstrom. Not unless Holland doesn't plan to pursue Suter too hard, but I would hate for our D to be:

Kronn - Lids
White - Eric
Quincey - Smith
Kindl

....ouch....

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#52 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:44 PM

I never said he was good, I said he's decent. I said a d-man if his caliber isn't rare, but he's still desirable to teams looking to beef up their blue-line. He's a good top4 and can QB the PP. I guess his value depends on how many top4 PMD are available at deadline. He's not a bad dman, he's a bonehead. If he didn't take such undisciplined penalties at the worse possible time of the game, I wouldn't mind having him on the roster if we can't land Sutter.

#53 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:54 PM

I wouldn't mind Quincey at $3M per season for 3-5, but that either keeps Smith in GR or makes him #7 if they traded Kindl and singed both Suter and Lidstrom. Not unless Holland doesn't plan to pursue Suter too hard, but I would hate for our D to be:

Kronn - Lids
White - Eric
Quincey - Smith
Kindl

....ouch....

In what dimension would this be considered a bad defense?

#54 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,727 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:57 PM

Kronn - Lids
White - Eric
Quincey - Smith
Kindl

....ouch....

:unsure: Eric Roberts?

Posted Image
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.