Man this early offseason sucks.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#42 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:56 PM

I never once said Bettman is the worst thing to happen for the business of the NHL or even the NHL itself.
I can't believe all the love and admiration for Bettman here.

#43 Hack & Whack Rule!

Hack & Whack Rule!

Goofy Wingnut

• PipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:17 AM

I think the OP IS Gary Bettman, and he's trying to figure out why people still boo him and call him names. Don't fall into the trap! I seem to recall this article being referenced on another site. It was posted by a guy with the user name Bary Gettman...I can't figure out why, but that names seems very surreptitious, if you ask me.
Uhh...you might want to duck!

#44 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:24 PM

You're all Gary Bettman.

#45 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,041 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:49 PM

Much as I dislike Bettman, and think there are a great many legitimate reasons to criticise him, believe you me, he isn't the worst person to be running a major sport

Posted Image

Posted Image

We get up in arms about Bettman and the Coyotes and "Colie" and disciplne, and their conflicts of intrest, but they are amateurs in the field of corruption and self intrest compared to these guys.
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#46 akustyk

akustyk

how painful is painful?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:10 PM

Much as I dislike Bettman, and think there are a great many legitimate reasons to criticise him, believe you me, he isn't the worst person to be running a major sport
We get up in arms about Bettman and the Coyotes and "Colie" and disciplne, and their conflicts of intrest, but they are amateurs in the field of corruption and self intrest compared to these guys.

you nailed it, buddy! and I don't even know which of those is worse. though, after kicking away of Fuhrer Mosley F1's become much better sport, so I'd probably spare Ecclestone in this comparison. FIFA on the other hand... my god... now this is a mafia!