• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:07 AM

For those who feared an Elder Scrolls Online scion well here is the sad truth Elder Scrolls MMORPG announced

"It will be extremely rewarding finally to unveil what we have been developing the last several years," said game director and MMO veteran Matt Firor, whose previous work includes Mythic's well-received Dark Age of Camelot. "The entire team is committed to creating the best MMO ever made – and one that is worthy of The Elder Scrolls franchise."

I love the Elder Scrolls franchise I really do, still think Oblivion was the one but I really fear for this one. Making an MMORPG out of a franchise basically means you are not going to get further singleplayer titles I would kill for a game like Warcraft IV, KOTOR III or TES VI just not interested in playing MMORPGs, they are a heavily time commitment and watered down version of that the singleplayer franchise has been all about and personally believe the market for such games is already jaded.

Years ago I played something called Ultima Online that was great fun and an experience I wouldn't mind again but all these other titles just never cut it for me. So what do you think? Is this the end for Singleplayer TES games?

The terms "best MMORPG ever made" has me questioning their humbleness.....

Edited by frankgrimes, 04 May 2012 - 05:08 AM.

lidsretire2.jpg

Thank you so much perfect human being #5

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

Phase I: injury rattled roster Phase II: BABCOCK Phase III: Playoffs XXIII !

#2 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:38 AM

Good bye single-player games, as you said. I'm still waiting for KotOR 3 (and I probably will for the rest of my life:D) but I fear it will never happen.
Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#3 Jedi

Jedi

Fire and Blood

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,780 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:17 AM

Good bye single-player games, as you said. I'm still waiting for KotOR 3 (and I probably will for the rest of my life:D) but I fear it will never happen.

KOTOR 3 is a game that NEEDS to happen. Especially after the abomination that was KOTOR 2's storyline. So many questions and possibilities left open that they didn't even TRY to answer.

bdc4.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls..."

#4 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,028 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:38 PM

KOTOR 3 is a game that NEEDS to happen. Especially after the abomination that was KOTOR 2's storyline. So many questions and possibilities left open that they didn't even TRY to answer.

I would have liked this 50 times if I could. Knights of the Old Republic and the sequel stand out as the best two games I have probably played in my life, and i've been hoping and praying for a 3rd installment to conclude the series for years now.

I think that Bethesda single player experiences are probably the best offered by any developer out there. I've been opposed to any ideas to bring their games online, and i'm not much of a fan of the Elder Scrolls MMO idea. I won't play a game I have to pay monthly for, and I really don't have that great of a PC to run it even if I was to attempt it.

I do know that there are valid rumors that Fallout 4 is coming down the road, and they are also introducing their next new epic franchise "Dishonored" which appears to be their next massive single player project (syntax posted a few threads down about this game with a trailer included). With that said, maybe this is their way to cap off the Elder Scrolls franchise with one last game that they can continue to succeed with and introduce a whole new experience with a new title. If they were to shuffle between making Fallout, Elder Scrolls, and Dishonored games considering how massive previous titles have been, it would take 5-6 years between game releases.

I hope this is the case where they are ending one game and beginning another, and going to online play isn't a familiar trend they continue with in the future. I respect Bethesda for the experiences they have created that have been so memorable and time consuming, and they need to continue doing so long into the future.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#5 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:08 AM

Yeah chances are I won't bother with this, and references to DAOC aren't helping either.

#6 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:42 AM

Wasn't Daoc like Lineagelight?

Looking at the first screenshots the game looks absolutely not like TES such a shame. Why does everyone think, games have to be MMORPGs these days?! How about logging in without worrying about other crap and just play thedamn game?

lidsretire2.jpg

Thank you so much perfect human being #5

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

Phase I: injury rattled roster Phase II: BABCOCK Phase III: Playoffs XXIII !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users