• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

What Are You Playing?

Rate this topic

I REALLY want to get the SE Skyrim for the PS4... I REALLY DON'T want to have to create a whole new character if I do get it. I just want to import my character from PS3...

I honestly don't mind doing all the story missions and stuff again.  I just don't want to start over on the character skills like smithing & alchemy again...

23 hours ago, Jedi said:

I REALLY want to get the SE Skyrim for the PS4... I REALLY DON'T want to have to create a whole new character if I do get it. I just want to import my character from PS3...

I honestly don't mind doing all the story missions and stuff again.  I just don't want to start over on the character skills like smithing & alchemy again...

I broke down and bought it, feeling like I was in the same boat. All of a sudden i'm a level 25 with my new character, 30+ hours in already and I got lost in the Skyrim world all over again. If you missed out on the DLC Dawnguard and Dragonborn, it's worth it for those alone because it can drastically change up how you play. 

I just went with an entirely difference race, i'm playing as a Mage/Archer which is completely odd for me as i'm always a tank/brute with bladed weapons. It's been a lot of fun, I bought Dishonored 2 and Watch Dogs 2 and have barely touched them because i'm right back into Skyrim again.

On 11/24/2016 at 11:46 AM, MabusIncarnate said:

I broke down and bought it, feeling like I was in the same boat. All of a sudden i'm a level 25 with my new character, 30+ hours in already and I got lost in the Skyrim world all over again. If you missed out on the DLC Dawnguard and Dragonborn, it's worth it for those alone because it can drastically change up how you play. 

I just went with an entirely difference race, i'm playing as a Mage/Archer which is completely odd for me as i'm always a tank/brute with bladed weapons. It's been a lot of fun, I bought Dishonored 2 and Watch Dogs 2 and have barely touched them because i'm right back into Skyrim again.

I picked it up on Black Friday on the Playstation store for $27 ($30 plus a $3 instant coupon), which was only $2 more than I could have gotten it at WalMart or Target on Black Friday.  (I chose to spend $2 extra and keep all my appendages).

I played Skyrim on the PS3, and picked up both Dawnguard and Dragonborn, so I'm pretty familiar with all the goodies from the expansion.  Can't wait to get my level high enough to start crafting my Dragonbone weapons...

If you're going for an archer, make sure you spend time working on your sneaking skills.  There's a perk that gives you 3x bow damage if your target doesn't see you.  I was able to one-shot most dragons with that perk once you get high enough level.

Personally, archery is by far the way to go.  It's hard as hell to start out with, since you can quite easily get killed if an enemy gets close to you.  However, once you can slow time by zooming with your bow and can get 3x damage while sneaking, you pretty much become a demigod and are unstoppable.  If you spend any time working on smithing, enchanting and alchemy, you will begin to see damage levels that you would not believe possible.  It's awesome.

I'm finishing up a Backwards Compatible runthrough of Red Dead Redemption, and will hop back over to Skyrim once I'm done.

I play "The Long Dark", it's worth checking out using a google search. It's not released yet but can be played through steam etc.

And of course I play hockey in a team, and on friday nights I play pond hockey with the local folks. Today is friday and the bag is packed. I usually focus on making the teammates better, hanging out as a defender. They happy, me happy. A brewsky on top of that and friday night is golden.

On 7/6/2017 at 5:13 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Not really a COD fan, but been playing the new COD Zombies with with my new roommate. He's cool, and we both like killing zombies.

I also like 7 Days to Die... another zombie game, but I like the survival/minecraft aspects of it. Anyone played it? 

7 days is cool.  If you are on Xbox I can play with you sometime.  I just went back and played the MW4 remastered campaign and beat Shadow of Mordor GOTY edition (great buy for $4 from the Xbox store.). I haven't touched the zombies on IW yet.  I also still play a lot of The Divison.

1 hour ago, TheXym said:

7 days is cool.  If you are on Xbox I can play with you sometime.  I just went back and played the MW4 remastered campaign and beat Shadow of Mordor GOTY edition (great buy for $4 from the Xbox store.). I haven't touched the zombies on IW yet.  I also still play a lot of The Divison.

Literally just got it and completed it myself, although on playstation.

On the surface it's a great concept. I love the open-endedness that allows you to approach killing captains/warcheifs the way you want, and also branding your own army.

But in reality It is a crude, very repetitive, button mashing game.

At first it feels like a good game, but after an hour or two it's just repetition.
There's only a few types of enemies that you beat over and over again, just like in a Dynasty Warriors game.

At first the combat system feels well done, that is when you fight a few enemies at a time. However, most of the time you will be swarmed with 20-30 orcs at the same time and it becomes a simple mathematic button masher, which gets boring very fast. 

While the story is ok, the game is artificially extended through stupid collecting of artifacts which are not interesting at all. "You found a bag of weed. Hooray" You can now rotate it around and look at it. Not to mention the only "quest" besides the main story you get is "Rescue the Slaves".

You have to do the "Rescue the Slaves" quest 24 times during the game. It's the same quest always, and the Slaves are carbon copies of each other. They all wear the same clothes, they all look exactly the same. So you're basically just saving clones. Boring...

The game gives you the illusion you can make a difference, such as killing orc captains to weaken Saurons army. But no, you won't make a difference, it's simply a never-ending cycle. You kill a captain, and it will be replaced soon. You can keep killing them, and they come back.

But for yeah for $4 it will provide some fun for an afternoon.