• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

What Are You Playing?

Rate this topic

Definitely go with Far Cry 4 in my opinion.

One of the only games I've ever pre-ordered. LOVED Far Cry 3.

I agree entirely. Only game i'm preordering this holiday is FC4 and I loved FC3 and even the arcade release Blood Dragon.

I'm playing through Sunset Overdrive right now, strange but fun game.

I have an awesome wife.

She knew I was pretty pissed and probably a little mopey since my PS4 is off for repairs (shipped back home today, will know Saturday if it works or not when it arrives). So she did a LOT of searching and scrolling online, and found what she was getting me for Christmas. And then, when she picked it up, she went ahead and gave it to me.

To match my Glacier White BrickstationPlaystation 4, she got me the Cirrus White Xbox One bundle with Sunset Overdrive!

So, I've been playing S.O. for the past couple of days. It's an... interesting game. Not necessarily my style, but it is fun to play. Fully expect it to take a back seat to Destiny when/if my PS4 ever gets up and running again, but I'll get around to it again, for sure.

So, the empty shipping box that Sony sent me (the box that I use to send my PS4 back to Sony) took its sweet time getting to me. Due to even more quality service at Sony, they generated the shipping order for FedEx, then proceeded to sit on the box for 3 days before actually giving it to them...

FedEx was awesome in getting updates sent to me via email and Twitter, and they kept that up through the entire repair process for the 2nd repair job. I told them that Sony could learn a thing or two about how to take care of their customers.

That said, finally finally finally my PS4 arrived back, and it is working perfectly. All told, it "only" took 25 days to get done...

Still have one last call to make with Sony. We have a little matter to discuss about the 25 days I couldn't use the PlaystationPlus service that I already pre-paid for. They're either going to give me a free month, or are going to issue me a partial refund of a month's charges. Either way works for me, but I will not settle for anything less, if for no other reason than the principal of the matter.

I picked up Far Cry 4 and GTAV this week, it was a tough decision as I want the new Dragon Age as well but I couldn't bring myself to buy all 3.

Also, for those of you that have and play Forza Horizon 2 on the One, search for my gamertag (Mabus Incarnate) in the design storefront, I made a Red Wings themed Mitsubishi Lancer that is available and free to download, it took me nearly 4 hours to make the logo alone so it looks legit. I think it came out kinda cool, check it out and leave me a good rating.

I've been tinkering around with BL: The Pre-Sequel. Not sure how I feel about it. I LOVED BL2, but this one seems a little off for some reason.

I've been trying to play NHL 15, but for some reason the game is consistently a month behind (It's showing Oct. 29th vs. the Caps as today), therefore I don't get the updates. I have no idea on how to fix it - thought it might be an internal clock issues with my 360, but I tried that already. I'm just thoroughly unimpressed with the last two years of NHL *sigh*

If I can get NHL 15 for cheap between now and Christmas I'll get it..otherwise next year. Getting Far Cry 4, COD AW and wwe2k15 for Christmas...love playing The new Halo and Destiny

I can't speak for anyone else, but knowing what I know, I wouldn't even buy it for cheap. I've found the whole experience mind-numbingly frustrating. Sliders won't update, can't find a good set of sliders that I can work with and my "Today's Game" default screen is always a month behind. Though, if I'm being honest, I'd most likely buy it for like $20, just to add it to the collection. I'm just mad at myself for shilling out the $70.

I can't speak for anyone else, but knowing what I know, I wouldn't even buy it for cheap. I've found the whole experience mind-numbingly frustrating. Sliders won't update, can't find a good set of sliders that I can work with and my "Today's Game" default screen is always a month behind. Though, if I'm being honest, I'd most likely buy it for like $20, just to add it to the collection. I'm just mad at myself for shilling out the $70.

I would get it. The only glitch I have had in the game was where I did a one timer and the goalie made a glove save on the goal line. They counted it, I watched the replay 4 times from different angles and wasn't close to being over the line. I don't know why your "Today's Game" isn't up to date, mine is.

I would get it. The only glitch I have had in the game was where I did a one timer and the goalie made a glove save on the goal line. They counted it, I watched the replay 4 times from different angles and wasn't close to being over the line. I don't know why your "Today's Game" isn't up to date, mine is.

There's a pretty bad glitch where you load your shot for a few seconds and and the goalie can't stop it.

Its easiest in breakaways and shootouts but it works pretty easily in games too.

Anyone play Sunset Overdrive? Picked it up but haven't played it yet

I played it and beat it, I thought it was fantastic. It's a little tough to learn at first but once you get the hang of it, it gets better and better the more weapons you unlock. Good humor and fun gameplay.

I played it and beat it, I thought it was fantastic. It's a little tough to learn at first but once you get the hang of it, it gets better and better the more weapons you unlock. Good humor and fun gameplay.

Perhaps you can help me out then. I find some of the gameplay fun and inventive, and then some aspects I find tedious and boring. Specifically the missions where you have to cook amps. Defending the tower is the most frustrating and tedious part of the game for me, so much so that I would do anything I could to avoid doing it.

I'm not far after flying the glider, so you can have a point of reference. I have both of the vinyl record guns, the TNTeddy, Flaming Compensator, and the handgun (Magnum).

The "Tower defense" aspect of the game really only comes up 4 times or so during the entire experience. I really feel like the record launcher is completely useless, I made without it the more weapons I unlocked. What I did was set up a lot of traps in one or two entrances where you don't have to worry about it and focus on the one that is entirely unguarded. I'd use the compensator to begin with, if you ignite larger enemies especially, switch to the magnum to tear them down fast until they aren't engulfed anymore. Save the teddy launcher for the final minute or so, try to bounce around more than grind to get a higher view of the map and drop those explosive teddy bears at the hordes.

You don't have to be perfect to succeed, you just have to survive the time. Try to get a general idea of where each tower is and don't stray too far, if it's under attack, the teddy launcher will expel most enemies with concentrated damage the fastest. I also find the dive bomb melee extremely effective as you can drop in the middle of enemies and knock a lot of them back effectively.

More importantly, don't get turned off by this aspect of the game as it really doesn't come up too often. The more side missions you do, the better defenses you can unlock before the next story mission throws you into another defense scenario. Once you start getting the rocket turrets and those that are more powerful, it becomes a lot easier. I personally really like the tower defense style, but a lot see it as a drawback. Fortunately, it's really a very minimal part of the experience the further you get.

So I am not sure what's going on with my damn Xbox One. I put in NHL 15, comes up for a couple seconds when the game is loading then the screen goes black. The Xbox hasn't froze because I am able to go back to the dashboard from my controller. I put in COD and it loads and just stops. The screen doesn't go black but I am still able to get back to the dashboard from my controller. I don't know what's going on. I've tried quitting the game, turning the Xbox off and on a million times. Same thing. I'm not going to be happy if I have to send it in.

So I am not sure what's going on with my damn Xbox One. I put in NHL 15, comes up for a couple seconds when the game is loading then the screen goes black. The Xbox hasn't froze because I am able to go back to the dashboard from my controller. I put in COD and it loads and just stops. The screen doesn't go black but I am still able to get back to the dashboard from my controller. I don't know what's going on. I've tried quitting the game, turning the Xbox off and on a million times. Same thing. I'm not going to be happy if I have to send it in.

Sounds like a bad laser to me. Send it back to micros***.

Picking up far cry 4 tomorrow can't wait. Girlfriend got me Dragon age: inquisition for Christmas. Loving it so far!

Sounds like a bad laser to me. Send it back to micros***.

Picking up far cry 4 tomorrow can't wait. Girlfriend got me Dragon age: inquisition for Christmas. Loving it so far!

It's not the laser and everything works good again. After I had posted this all frustrated I search for what was wrong. Turns out Xbox Live and PSN had been hacked by Lizard Squad (again). Anyways when Xbox Live goes down, you are unable to play any game even if your not going to be using the internet. It's f***ed up but anyways sounds like Xbox Live is getting better and you are able to play games again.

A hard restart generally fixes these minor hiccups, and is perfectly safe as a first step troubleshoot in the future. When the power of the console is on, simply hold your finger on the front console power touch button, if you keep your finger held there, it will chime but remain on for about 4 or 5 seconds. Once it shuts off, remove your finger and let it sit for 30 seconds. It's similar to recycling your router, and is generally the first recommended step to address issues like connection, sluggishness, or in-game errors.

A hard restart generally fixes these minor hiccups, and is perfectly safe as a first step troubleshoot in the future. When the power of the console is on, simply hold your finger on the front console power touch button, if you keep your finger held there, it will chime but remain on for about 4 or 5 seconds. Once it shuts off, remove your finger and let it sit for 30 seconds. It's similar to recycling your router, and is generally the first recommended step to address issues like connection, sluggishness, or in-game errors.

was going to say this.

Its a common error for the one when you are switching games repeatedly. This should work everytime