• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

What Are You Playing?

Rate this topic

I don't game much anymore but when I do it's strictly console. This convo took me back to the days when I was a young lass and did all of my gaming on PC

*cue Wayne's World diddlyoop diddlyoop diddlyoop*

and I got to thinking about all the great games from the 90s/early 2000s like Undying, American McGee's Alice, 9, Sanitarium, etc and I got all nostalgic.

Then I thought about Myst.

Then I felt really old.

And yes DOOM, Wolfenstein, and Quake are true old skool. That's why I said it is an ODE to them.

yeah, you're totally right, I was just correcting myself since I almost say Painkiller was an old school classic. Them steam games... I still have the Amnesia, Penumbra and the Bioshocks waiting for me to play them.

I spent way too much time back in the day playing Doom, Quake, Wolfenstein, etc. I did an awful lot of the old LucasArts TieFighter and Xwing games as well. FreeSpace and Freespace 2 were quite fun as well. I gave up the PC gaming a few years ago (got tired of constantly upgrading, and my wife hated it).

With the Xbox One I'm in the living room and more accessible and my wife is more tolerant. Bioshock Infinity was a great game, Nerve.

I have my Fallout 4 character up to lvl 87 and in The Division I am lvl 30 (beat the campaign) and lvl 32 dark zone.

Anybody else playing The Division on Xbox One? I'm level 30 with a 154 gear score if anyone wants to team up.

I haven't played with the 2nd Fallout 4 DLC yet, but I have it downloaded.

Anybody else playing The Division on Xbox One? I'm level 30 with a 154 gear score if anyone wants to team up.

I haven't played with the 2nd Fallout 4 DLC yet, but I have it downloaded.

There aren't any new missions or quests, it just adds new stuff to build. I'm just waiting on the next DLC before I get back into it.

I have and play The Division but i'm only around a level 14-15 as I haven't played it too much and am currently caught up with Quantum Break during the rare times I get to game anymore.

I'm waiting until summer to grab Quantum Break. If you ever catch me online, I can help you through some side missions to get your level up. I helped my son go from 15-18 in less than an hour after the game yesterday.

I thought I had read this DLC wasn't any new missions, so I'm glad I haven't missed anything.

Back to Destiny for The Taken King expansion. They made this game so much better on so many levels with this update, i'm hooked right back in.

The Taken King update was terrific, no doubt. However, the April Update (known lovingly as the Taken Spring) is where the game REALLY hit it's mark. (I've played Destiny pretty much exclusively since launch/vanilla, so I can easily say the game is at a point where it's the best it's ever been).

The April Update eliminated the "Double RNG" for gear drops in the raid, and other end-game content. Previously, you had the first RNG, which was even getting a drop at all. Then the 2nd RNG kicked in, which was what light level the gear dropped at. You could get gear drops that were well below your light level, which caused many players to stop grinding to get to the light cap.

NOW, any piece of legendary equipment dropped in the raid/end-game is guaranteed to be no lower than your current light level, and can max out at something like 5 points above. So there's constant progress towards your goals.

I really wish you were on PS4. I'd be glad to run any of the raids or Iron Banner with you.

Oh, and Rise of Iron is out in a little over a month. Things will only get better then. New missions, raid, strikes, gear, and (what I'm MOST excited for) the ability to choose what type of reward you get from faction level up packages! Woohoo!

BTW, Mabus, If you're anywhere above 310 light, I'd strongly recommend playing in the Iron Banner event while it's going on. It's a great way to get good legendary gear for your character, especially since the drop rate was increased a few months ago. You don't even have to win, or even do good at all in the match, to get a great drop.

Plus, since the game mode for this IB is Clash, it's easy to join in with a group of complete random players, and still do well.

Last night I picked up the next to last piece I need to make my primary character hit the light cap of 335. If I can get a 335 ghost once I hit Rank 5 in Iron Banner, then I'll be at 335.

I left off last night at a 297, so i'm getting close. I just got back into Destiny about a week ago and where I had left off I was a 28 so it's been an uphill battle trying to get my Titan back up to elite level. It's coming along, a lot of Crucible and some friends of mine have carried me through tougher strikes.

I'm still in search of a nice trusty Hand Cannon which has been my go-to since the beginning, although i'm taking a bit more liking to Scout Rifles since it's what i've had to use here lately.

I left off last night at a 297, so i'm getting close. I just got back into Destiny about a week ago and where I had left off I was a 28 so it's been an uphill battle trying to get my Titan back up to elite level. It's coming along, a lot of Crucible and some friends of mine have carried me through tougher strikes.

I'm still in search of a nice trusty Hand Cannon which has been my go-to since the beginning, although i'm taking a bit more liking to Scout Rifles since it's what i've had to use here lately.

The hand cannons available today aren't what you likely remember from your previous stint in the game. They've undergone some pretty massive changes, including nerfs to range, damage dropoff, and carried ammo capacity. Bungie actually over-nerfed them pretty badly when TTK came out, but a couple of rebalances later and they're a bit closer to what they were, but still not quite "there" yet. Best exotic HC's are easily Hawkmoon or (if you're a Hunter) Ace of Spades.

Personally, I've been a Scout Rifle user since about 3 days into the game. About halfway between Taken King and the April Update, they became the meta in the crucible too, with most users now using the MIDA Multitool (and for good reason, it's a damn fine weapon). A good scout rifle is pretty much a requirement for the King's Fall raid too, since 3 of the 4 boss fights take place at distances outside AR & HC range. Best exotic SR is the MIDA Multitool, followed by the Jade Rabbit and the Tlaloc for Warlocks. (Not counting the Touch of Malice, because while it is absolutely DOMINATING, it's only really feasible to use in 2 segments of the King's Fall raid, and that's about it).

A user on Reddit went through and posted a breakdown of all available weapons from the vendors, and then followed that up with a breakdown of which of those weapons he would recommend. They're lengthy (full of details and stats), but well worth your time to read through, so you can hopefully find something that will fit your playstyle.

At 297, one of the most loot-lucrative activities you could be doing is the Court of Oryx on the dreadnaught, and if you have 2 friends who are willing to carry you, the Challenge of Elders (will cost you 100 glimmer). At 297 you will die A LOT in Challenge, but if you can complete one run with a team score of over 30,000 (fairly easy to accomplish, even under-leveled) then you'll get a guaranteed legendary weapon drop. If you can rack up a cumulative score of 90,000 (which can be done in multiple playthroughs), then you'll get a guaranteed legendary armor piece to drop. These drops are all guaranteed to be at least at your current light level, and can go up to 5-10 points above.

I play Pokemon Go. I am currently at level 18 but raising over par.

I use it partly for exercise, partly for distraction away from writing my master thesis in information systems. It works. Good enough for me.

I am still playing a lot of Division. I have two toons with gear score 235 and 241 plus a pretty well geared level 14 that will one hit kill people with a sticky bomb if you haven't glitched high ends.

I went through Quantum Break when it was on sale and enjoyed it.

If anybody gets the Division and needs help power leveling or running the underground DLC, hit me up.

Edited by TheXym