• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

What Are You Playing?

Rate this topic

Well it's getting close to that time of the year where game releases of any value are far and few between before the fall releases come, what are you currently playing to pass the time?

I'm currently playing Mass Effect 3 multiplayer pretty regularly, and i'm about halfway through finishing the campaign on Insanity difficulty.

I'm also on the side playing Halo Anniversary edition co-op online, Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare, and Monday Night Combat.

Currently just playing multiplayer on MW3, ME3, and Halo Reach. I started LA Noire awhile ago but haven't touched it in a while. I have Skyrim waiting until I have more than an hour or two here and there to play (gotta wait till school gets out). I dabble with Star Trek Online when the wife is watching that stupid Secret Life of the American Teenager or whatever show.

Mass Effect 3 is taking up most of my gaming time right now.

When that's done, I'll finish up inFamous on the PS3 (one of the free games I got as a "Thank You" when the PS Network was down for over a month).

And then, probably go mildly old school, and play Castlevania: Symphony of the Night on the Xbox. Downloaded that years ago from the Xbox Live Marketplace, and I usually play it once every year or so. That game easily has one of the best soundtracks ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPvbJAzJspc

Got my kids an Xbox a couple months ago. One of the boys got Skyrim. I've played a bit, on the verge of level 11, not far in the main quests, doing side quests (just joined the companions). Going one hand sword, one hand magic (usually fire). I will have much more time in the summer once school is out and I don't have to teach. I'm trying to build smithing, one handed, destruction, heavy armor, eventually enchantment. Any friendly tips/advice? My profile is not on xbox live yet - i may do one in the summer. Thanks in advance. I'm also looking forward to RE6.

Finished Mass Effect 3. Working on inFAMOUS now. Once I'm done with that one, I have a decision to make with what to play next.

A - inFAMOUS again, but with all Evil choices (I'm doing all Good on this playthrough).

B - Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. Played this game a dozen times, but it never ever gets old. The Metal Gear series has been my favorite game series of all time, and this one was nothing less than spectacular.

C - Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. I played this one previously, and made it about 1/3-1/2 through the game, but never had a chance to finish the game.

So, what say you? A, B or C?

A bit late on the reply, but i'd say give Assassins Creed a once through.

Ironically, I just finished up AC:B this weekend. I really want to pick up Assassin's Creed Revelations and go through it before AC3 hits later this month.

I'm currently going semi-old-school again, playing Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Hard to believe that game is almost 10 years old).

The original two Knights of the Old Republic games are phenomenal, and still remain in my top 5 all time games list. It's a damn shame that instead of a modern KotOR 3 they made the MMO on PC instead.

I preordered Dishonored today, a potential great title from the guys that brought us Fallout 3 and Skyrim. Looking forward to getting into that one.

The original two Knights of the Old Republic games are phenomenal, and still remain in my top 5 all time games list. It's a damn shame that instead of a modern KotOR 3 they made the MMO on PC instead.

It's interesting to see how many similarities Bioware put into KOTOR and Mass Effect. One example I can think of is a loading screen I saw last night in KOTOR said something to the effect of "Due to the dangers of exploring new hyperspace routes, most of the galaxy remains unexplored", exactly like they said in the ME series.

Yeah you'll notice a few side missions are very similar as well. Jade Empire was another Bioware release on the first xbox that was very close to KotOR gameplay too and also a very cool game to check out if you haven't already. There's a very distinctive attribute that they carry across all of their titles that's kept me playing their games.

We've seen a few HD remakes on the xbox recently, including Resident Evil 4, Crysis, Metal Gear Solid Collection, and Halo Anniversary. If they ever decided to rebuild and modernize the original two Old Repubilc games i'd gladly pay another $60 for them.

So far I'm through the 3 main campaigns on normal and on chapter 2 of the unlockable Ada Wong campaign on RE6. Overall it's an improvement from RE5. The movement, etc. is better. The skill points vs. upgrading individual weapons seems to work well, and my son and I can rage fairly well in Mercenaries. The campaigns are a decent size, and the story is pretty good.

The BIG downer IMHO is the frequent use of button mashing on action prompts. In some cases the camera angle changes requiring you to change the direction you are running which will cause you to mistime the action button mash. I dislike dying repeatedly because of a camera angle change.

Other than that, the AI partner is a huge improvement from RE5. If you like RE, it's worth picking up imho. Be warned it's more horror action than the old school survival horror.

RE has been leaning a bit more towards the horror action genre opposed to it's survival horror roots. RE6 got beat up a bit in reviews and i'm not entirely sure why. I plan on getting into it soon.

The button mashing sequences are THAT annoying. That aside, I do like it. Hit me up to play doubles if I'm on. I think you'll like Piers once you unlock him in the Mercenaries.

Came home yesterday to find Assassin's Creed 3 sitting on the bar with a bow on the packaging. I have an awesome fiance.

Sadly, I only had time to play about 30 minutes last night, so I'm still in the VERY early stages of the game. Much more time available tonight.

Been playing a bit of Torchlight 2 (veteran) Embermage and really have to cap myself because seconds became minutes, minutes became hours glad my girlfriend told me I've been playing far tooooo long. This game is extremely addicting especially if you are using the mod "Synergies".

Edited by frankgrimes

Big fan of the original Torchlight, I sank in about 90 hours in about two weeks. I get hooked on dungeon crawlers like that.

I've been very involved with NHL13 lately, playing Club and GM Connected which is insanely active. I'm also playing Halo 4 online and Borderlands 2 DLC.

Still on Assassin's Creed 3. I'm probably 1/3 through the game, and it's really starting to hit it's stride.

I can't quite say where I would rank it in the series, but early impressions are that it's better than 1, and at the least equal to 2 (if not better). My ranking of the series thus far would be (highest to lowest) - AC 2: Brotherhood > AC 2 & AC 3 > AC 1 > AC 2: Revelations

Guest Crymson

Jedi spends most of his days playing Parent Simulator 2012 :P

Anyway, I've always found the AC series to be very repetitive. It's good eye candy, for certain, but it generally entails doing the same thing over and over again. More, there's little incentive to be sneaky when one can simply drop down into a crowd of enemies and kill all of them. The only missions that require stealth are those in which one arbitrarily fails should one be discovered (these missions make no sense---given that one can handily kill ten people in a melee, why would it matter if one is spotted by the target). From all I've been told about AC3, the change to a more open environment is a further negative.

Edited by Crymson