• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#41 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:28 AM

I don't have a PS3 but i've heard great things about Journey and the overall experience outweighs the short game length. I'm not even entirely sure exactly what style of game it is. 

If anyone is looking for a cheap and reasonably expansive gaming experience, check out Dust: An Elysian Tail. It's an arcade title (not sure if it's on PS3) and it was just phenomenal. It's only fifteen bucks, it's anime style which I am not a fan of but I got completely sucked into this game. It's a side scrolling RPG similar to old Castlevania games, and everything about it is amazing. One guy developed it completely by himself and it was originally an "indie" game brought to life because of how great the final game turned out to be. 

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#42 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:24 AM

Have any of you PC gamers played The Cave yet? New game coming to consoles next week made by Sega and Double Fine, it looks interesting. 

#43 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:17 AM

Right now spending most of my video game time playing Blops2

#44 shoobiedoobin

shoobiedoobin

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:15 PM

I've just learned to expect broken niche modes in sports games. I'm just more concerned with the gameplay and my comments were for people who think the gameplay is horrible especially compared to older NHL games. I think part of it's just nostalgia. Look at the praise the NHL series gets for it's SNES/Genesis versions, yet you go back and play them and nostalgia aside, they're trash.

#45 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,801 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:21 PM

I think part of it's just nostalgia. Look at the praise the NHL series gets for it's SNES/Genesis versions, yet you go back and play them and nostalgia aside, they're trash.

But nothing, NOTHING, that comes out today can compare with Tecmo Bowl, and you know it!   ;)

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."

#46 shoobiedoobin

shoobiedoobin

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

LOL Tecmo Bowl. Sometimes you just need to have fun.

#47 Jedi

Jedi

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,801 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:55 AM

I moved/merged the NHL13 critical posts into the NHL 13 thread.  Feel free to continue that conversation there.

After seeing the news that Dragonborn DLC will be released on PS3 in February, I decided to go ahead and start Skyrim again.  I'm an Imperial (a.k.a. Money Grubbing Greedy Bastard), focusing on Archery, Smithing, and eventually Enchanting.  So, pretty much a lot of things I didn't focus on in my first playthrough (other than Smithing, which I think is required in order to survive).

snyoep.jpg

#48 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:56 PM

Yeah sorry we got a bit off track on the NHL discussion.. it's better left in that thread. 

I really need to go back to Skyrim, i've purchased all three DLC packs released so far and have yet to play any of them. I still want to go through the newest Borderlands 2 DLC also, although i'm considering not playing it until they raise the level cap as i've been a 50 before any of the packs even got released. It seems like a bit of a waste playing through DLC without being able to level up any further when they knowingly will raise the cap soon.

I did wind up purchasing The Cave, seems very Tim Burton influenced and definitely feels like another Double Fine game. It's actually a lot of fun, has some levels of dark humor and reminds me a bit of the old Oddworld games.

#49 Jedi

Jedi

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,801 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

I'll be on Skyrim for quite some time, too, as it will inevitably take me longer to playthough.  There's 2 reasons for that.

#1 - The sheer size & scope of the game, as everyone already knows.

#2 - Amanda (My fiance) finds the game INCREDIBLY boring. With other games (Mass Effect and Red Dead, for instance) she's perfectly content to be on the laptop playing the Sims or browsing Pinterest while I'm playing. But because she finds it so boring, she usually drifts off and goes to bed, or asks to watch something on TV instead. So I try to play on evenings that she's away, which is maybe once or twice a week, and even then only for a few hours.

Limited time to play on a game that can easily soak up 60-70+ hours of gameplay means I'll be on this game till probably March or so.  Especially once I can get some of the DLC's on the PS3.

snyoep.jpg

#50 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:29 PM

Finally ordered Hitman Absolution, now that the price has dropped to half from the original here. And I really needed a 3rd game - can't be playing Skyrim or NHL 13 all the time.

Just a little easier to spend the time waiting for May 7th now.

edit: ALSO I bought the ME Trilogy pack for PS3. Didn't know there even was one, apparently it was released in December. I played ME 1 on PC when it came out and decided I'd play it again once they're all out and I've got a better PC. But now that it came out for PS3 (with the first version edited better) and with the ability to continue with the same char throughout all the games I just couldn't resist! !!!!!!

Edited by Finnish Wing, 12 February 2013 - 07:28 PM.

Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#51 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:30 PM

Finished playing through the first Crysis recently, I enjoyed it enough that I bought Crysis 2 and plan on getting through it soon. I also bought Dead Space 3 yesterday, so far it's excellent. While Resident Evil has strayed from the survival horror genre, it's good to know that some still exist and do it well.

#52 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:54 AM

Finished playing Sleeping Dogs. Got the Platinum trophy, a great game!

Now gonna play some NHL 13. I have to finish my fantasy draft season and my simulation 25-season GM-mode with the Wings before NHL 14 comes out.

Also going to play Hitman at the same time as well. Platinum trophy is the goal there as well.

After Hitman is finished I may play some Skyrim (that's a loooong project) or start the Mass Effect trilogy.

The Last of Us comes in two months and that will be a welcome addition, definitely.

Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#53 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:37 PM

Still on Dead Space 3, taking my time and enjoying it. Been playing Dragon's Dogma on the side also.

I bought The Saboteur online for ten bucks and played a little bit of it. Reminds me of a Grand Theft Auto style game with open world that takes place during WW2. The art style reminds me of Sin City with the combination of black and white with some color highlights throughout. It makes for a very different and visually appealing game. 

If GTA is your type of game and you are itching for an open world game right now it's a nice pickup for the price. 

#54 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,677 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:23 AM

Right now I am playing Plants versus Zombies old but gold :-)

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#55 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:57 AM

I picked up Hitman Absolution the day it came out, played it for a few weeks an got frustrated so took a break. Just picked it back up this weekend and I'm hooked again. Such a fun game, patientence is required though!

Posted Image

#56 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:09 PM

I picked up Hitman Absolution the day it came out, played it for a few weeks an got frustrated so took a break. Just picked it back up this weekend and I'm hooked again. Such a fun game, patientence is required though!

Blood Money is better.

#57 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:13 PM

Blood Money is better.

I've never played Blood Money. I've only played Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, and now Absolution.

Posted Image

#58 softshoes

softshoes

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:27 PM

I recently purchased a new pc, A+rig, and found Steam was running a deal on Skyrim. I already had it for the ps3 but for the price, over 1/2 off, I decided to pick it up. The modding community for the game is incredible, it's like playing a different game.

Also picked up Torchlight2 and having a good time with that. I hope to get my hands on Boishock: Infinite soon, the trailers I've watched have been off the hook.

"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f***in beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then you got more punishment in store.Stand it like a man, and give some back."

- Al Swearengen

#59 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:19 AM

Torchlight is awesome, enjoy it.

I just picked up Bioshock Infinite, it's farking incredible. I'm a big fan of the Bioshock games, this one is so much different from the previous two but I still love it. There's enough Bioshockness left in it that it's not too different but unique enough to stand alone as it's own title. Very awesome, highly recommended.

#60 Jedi

Jedi

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,801 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:59 PM

Still on Skyrim, now moved over to the Dragonborn DLC.  Though, I think I'm going back to the main game, to join either the Stormcloaks or the Imperials for the war.  (Both times I've played through this game, I stayed neutral in the war). I finished the main campaign without choosing a side, so I had to do the "cease fire" treaty at High Hrothgar.

So, what should I choose, Stormcloaks or Imperials?

snyoep.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users