• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#61 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,804 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 12:49 PM

Finally finished about everything possible in Skyrim. Now I've moved on to a 10 year old Xbox game, Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge.

CS was always a fun game to play, so I figured I'd spend $10 for it and download it.

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."

#62 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:49 PM

Crimson Skies was a lot of fun, there's a few old xbox classics I wouldn't mind going back to. 

I recently revisited Battlefield, purchased Battlefield 3 again and redownloaded BF 1943 on the arcade. 

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#63 derblaueClaus

derblaueClaus

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:24 PM

Just finished Gunslinger, which I highly recommend and now I will start with XCom. Oh and Guns of Icarus Online is always on my list.

"I'd have my **** out if I scored four goals. Id have my **** out, stroking it." - "Jumbo" Joe Thornton

Monsterblue.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#64 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:31 PM

Just finished Gunslinger, which I highly recommend and now I will start with XCom. Oh and Guns of Icarus Online is always on my list.

Gunslinger.. the Call of Juarez arcade title? Maybe I have that wrong... Xcom was really fun if you are into the turn based strategy genre.. requires multiple playthroughs until you adapt and get a better hang of things. 

#65 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:10 AM

Picking up the Last Of Us today for PS3

Posted Image

#66 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:38 AM

Beat the Last Of Us last Friday. In the gaming mood as of late decided to pick up Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY and Batman Arkham City GOTY. I'm still on the first game and I'm hooked. Can't believe I overlooked these this long. AA is phenomenal so far and from everything I've heard and read AC is even better.

Posted Image

#67 Jedi

Jedi

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,804 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:25 PM

Beat the Last Of Us last Friday. In the gaming mood as of late decided to pick up Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY and Batman Arkham City GOTY. I'm still on the first game and I'm hooked. Can't believe I overlooked these this long. AA is phenomenal so far and from everything I've heard and read AC is even better.

Both are amazing games, but I would have to say I enjoyed AA more than AC.  Not that City was bad, it just seemed a little more far-fetched than Asylum (an entire section of Gotham quarantined off as a prison "city" sounded too much like Escape from New York to me).

I'm very interested to see how Arkham Origins plays out, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed that the original voice cast isn't returning...

As for what I'm playing, my sig and avatar combo should make it pretty clear...

snyoep.jpg

#68 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:54 PM

Red Dead was a brilliant game, I reached 100% complete in the main campaign and the Undead Nightmare expansion so if you need assistance anywhere just ask. Easily one of my all-time favorite gaming experiences.

#69 Jedi

Jedi

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,804 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:46 PM

Red Dead was a brilliant game, I reached 100% complete in the main campaign and the Undead Nightmare expansion so if you need assistance anywhere just ask. Easily one of my all-time favorite gaming experiences.

Thus far, it is the only Rockstar game I've ever hit 100% on, both RDR and Undead Nightmare.  This is probably my 5th or 6th playthrough.

RDR was the easiest to hit 100% on of the Rockstar games because you didn't have to search for unmarked "hidden packages" or whatnot.  At least you could use the survivalist maps to find the flowers that you needed.

Easiest, however, does not mean easy.  Killing 2 bears with only your Bowie Knife was a B(word-that-rhymes-with-Ditch) and a half.  As was a cougar with dynamite, etc...

And agreed.  Red Dead is easily in my top 5 all time.

snyoep.jpg

#70 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:13 PM

Oh nice didn't realize you had played through it before, i've been considering starting from scratch all over again myself. And yeah some of the hunting challenged were ridiculous but got them finished eventually. I think Undead Nightmare was one of the best game expansions also, unlocking the 4 horses of the apocalypse was very different and memorable. 

I like the Western genre in general, played through Gun that was decent at best and the first Call of Juarez game. There's a serious lack of good western game titles out there but Red Dead did it so right. I even enjoyed and still own Revolution on the first xbox.

#71 Jedi

Jedi

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,804 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:42 PM

Yeah, I love the Western genre too, it just tends to flop more often than it should.

Gun was good, but WAY too short.  I also enjoyed Call of Juarez Bound in Blood, as well as Red Dead Revolver. But it just seemed that every other attempt (or at least the ones I played) just failed in some major aspect or another.

snyoep.jpg

#72 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:34 AM

Both are amazing games, but I would have to say I enjoyed AA more than AC.  Not that City was bad, it just seemed a little more far-fetched than Asylum (an entire section of Gotham quarantined off as a prison "city" sounded too much like Escape from New York to me).

I'm very interested to see how Arkham Origins plays out, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed that the original voice cast isn't returning...

As for what I'm playing, my sig and avatar combo should make it pretty clear...

Just beat AA last night. With gaming I go through spurts of addiction and playing many, many hours to then not touching my PS3 for a few months. I'm very pleased with AA, can't believe I over looked it!

I'm not a trophy ***** by any means but I'm trying to get 100% on this game. I played the game on normal so I have to do another play through on hard, then I need to do the 40x combo hit along with one of each move in a row (forgot the name). As well as the predator and combat challenge trophies. That one is going to be tough for me to get I think!

Pretty pumped to start AC after that! As far as Origins I need to watch the trailers on it. I hope that ends up being fantastic as well!

As for what you both are chatting about ate you talking Red Dead Redemption? I have that game but haven't played it since it came out. It was fun but I can't even recall if I beat it. I think I only have maybe 20-25% trophy completion? I should go back and play that again.

Edited by Hockey13Playa, 28 June 2013 - 07:35 AM.

Posted Image

#73 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:12 PM

I finished the Best of the Best banner on Mass Effect 3 multiplayer last week. Lots of grinding waves with different characters and weapons. The solo golds went easier than I expected once I went for them, though having all the yellow card (rare) weapons and gear maxed out helped out.

I picked up the trilogy set for Mass Effect since I jumped into the series with number 3. Thanks to Best Buy reward certificates it was only $15 and I'm going to play through the whole trilogy for the story. Any suggestions or tips are welcome.

The Last of Us if it's available for Xbox might be a pickup once the price drops. I mess with Dead Island on occasion, but ME3 MP has been dominating my gaming time until this week. Finding a group of friends that play well together is a huge plus. I actually did join a pug last week where we just clicked and the whole match was fire and biotic explosions. Several of us had incendiary ammo, and my kroguard's biotic charge detonates fire explosions primed by incendiary ammo and biotic explosions from certain powers. Two matches of that and then we switched to a tech team and had fire explosions/cryo explosions/ tech bursts galore.

If anybody wants to team up on MP feel free to message me if I'm on Xbox live. Gamer tag is The Xym. I'm off teaching for the summer, so I'm on a decent amount, but with the situation with my daughter I'm not going to be on until Wednesday.
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#74 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,167 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:07 PM

I got my 1000G on Defiance yesterday.  Now I'm working on Dragon's Dogma.  After I finish that, I may play Witcher 2 again, but on the hardest setting to try and complete all the achievements in that.  I've been playing Saints Row the 3rd, GoW Judgement, Cursed Crusade, I need 2 more multiplayer achievements to yet again complete AC3 and I may go back and get the last couple achievements in AC1 sometime soon.  I still have to do all but 1 of the Skyrim add-on achievements.  It's been on the back burner for some time now.

Free darkmanx!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#75 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:43 PM

I got my 1000G on Defiance yesterday.  Now I'm working on Dragon's Dogma.  After I finish that, I may play Witcher 2 again, but on the hardest setting to try and complete all the achievements in that.  I've been playing Saints Row the 3rd, GoW Judgement, Cursed Crusade, I need 2 more multiplayer achievements to yet again complete AC3 and I may go back and get the last couple achievements in AC1 sometime soon.  I still have to do all but 1 of the Skyrim add-on achievements.  It's been on the back burner for some time now.

I know I got you on my friends list, if you ever want help with some achievements and I own the game i'll let ya know. I've been interested in Defiance, how is it? 

I played Dragons Dogma for a while but got side tracked with other games as I normally do... I tend to not be much of a completionist for achievements even though my gamerscore is really high, I just play a ton of games.

With the Ultimate Game Sale going on, I bought the newest Tomb Raider for twenty bucks and i'm pretty much blown away by it. It's so incredibly good I really didn't expect to like it as much as I do. Today is the last day it's on sale and it's worth every bit of $19.99. I also picked up Crysis 3 recently and is likely the next game on my list after TR completion. Also been playing some Battlefield 3 multiplayer here and there.

#76 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,167 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:29 PM

I know I got you on my friends list, if you ever want help with some achievements and I own the game i'll let ya know. I've been interested in Defiance, how is it? 

I played Dragons Dogma for a while but got side tracked with other games as I normally do... I tend to not be much of a completionist for achievements even though my gamerscore is really high, I just play a ton of games.

With the Ultimate Game Sale going on, I bought the newest Tomb Raider for twenty bucks and i'm pretty much blown away by it. It's so incredibly good I really didn't expect to like it as much as I do. Today is the last day it's on sale and it's worth every bit of $19.99. I also picked up Crysis 3 recently and is likely the next game on my list after TR completion. Also been playing some Battlefield 3 multiplayer here and there.

Defiance was an amazing game.  The whole MMO thing was probably pretty hard to pull off on the 360, but I'm guessing there will be lots for the Xbox One, which I have a down payment on.  It has it's issues being a MMO on an underpowered platform, but I'd suggest getting it anyways.  The first time you put the game in, it will take quite a while to install to your hard drive and have all the patches completed and it'll take up about 7+ gigs of space, but it's worth it.  I though about getting a couple more of the ultimate sale games, but i'm more or less saving my money until NHL14, AC4 (Xbox1), Dragon Age 3, Final Fantasy XIII-3 and the Roman game coming out for Xbox1.  Speaking of NHL14, I'll likely make a club and invite the LGW guys on here that play Xbox.  I'll make it the same name I give my HUT team likely, Winged Wheels.  darkmanx is on my friends list as well, Plumma with something on the end is his gamertag.  He's a really good winger.  I haven't played much NHL13 lately cause I think it's a pile of crap, but 14 looks like it's gonna fix a lot of the stuff that I detest about 13....the crappy puck control/deking and the skating is wobbly and terrible, but i'll be spending tons of time on Be A Pro live the life thing, and GM mode, but either way I'll make up the club and send out some invites. 

Free darkmanx!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#77 Jedi

Jedi

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,804 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:41 PM

I have about 10 minutes left of stuff to finish up in RDR, then its on to Undead Nightmare.

Once that's done, then I'm probably going to keep going with the "few years old" theme, and play Fable III again.  I've been a fan of Fable since waaaayyyy back in the day on the original Xbox.  And though the series never did quite live up to its potential, it was still a great way to pass the time and get a lot of laughs in at the same time.

Of course, this is all in between marathon 3-4 hour studying sessions.  I'm studying on getting a health/life insurance license, which is causing my brain to hurt.  I swear, it's not a headache, it's actually my brain going "owww owww owww"...

snyoep.jpg

#78 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,729 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:48 AM

Currently a nice little indiegame called Cube World.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#79 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:32 PM

I'm playing Fallout New Vegas right now along with Dark Souls. Anyone who enjoys personal torture in gaming would enjoy Dark Souls, it has the reputation of being among the most difficult games in this current generation. It's viciously punishing when you make mistakes, but the game is truly brilliant if you are willing to play patient and die a lot to learn from your mistakes. It easily has some of the best enemy design i've ever seen in a game. I love the game, but it's a tremendous challenge that can push you to your limits in gaming and is very rewarding in the long run.

#80 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,066 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:06 PM

Anyone know how good Madden 25 actually is? Probably trash like the past 2 years.

hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users