• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

What Are You Playing?

Rate this topic

I know I got you on my friends list, if you ever want help with some achievements and I own the game i'll let ya know. I've been interested in Defiance, how is it?

I played Dragons Dogma for a while but got side tracked with other games as I normally do... I tend to not be much of a completionist for achievements even though my gamerscore is really high, I just play a ton of games.

With the Ultimate Game Sale going on, I bought the newest Tomb Raider for twenty bucks and i'm pretty much blown away by it. It's so incredibly good I really didn't expect to like it as much as I do. Today is the last day it's on sale and it's worth every bit of $19.99. I also picked up Crysis 3 recently and is likely the next game on my list after TR completion. Also been playing some Battlefield 3 multiplayer here and there.

Defiance was an amazing game. The whole MMO thing was probably pretty hard to pull off on the 360, but I'm guessing there will be lots for the Xbox One, which I have a down payment on. It has it's issues being a MMO on an underpowered platform, but I'd suggest getting it anyways. The first time you put the game in, it will take quite a while to install to your hard drive and have all the patches completed and it'll take up about 7+ gigs of space, but it's worth it. I though about getting a couple more of the ultimate sale games, but i'm more or less saving my money until NHL14, AC4 (Xbox1), Dragon Age 3, Final Fantasy XIII-3 and the Roman game coming out for Xbox1. Speaking of NHL14, I'll likely make a club and invite the LGW guys on here that play Xbox. I'll make it the same name I give my HUT team likely, Winged Wheels. darkmanx is on my friends list as well, Plumma with something on the end is his gamertag. He's a really good winger. I haven't played much NHL13 lately cause I think it's a pile of crap, but 14 looks like it's gonna fix a lot of the stuff that I detest about 13....the crappy puck control/deking and the skating is wobbly and terrible, but i'll be spending tons of time on Be A Pro live the life thing, and GM mode, but either way I'll make up the club and send out some invites.

I have about 10 minutes left of stuff to finish up in RDR, then its on to Undead Nightmare.

Once that's done, then I'm probably going to keep going with the "few years old" theme, and play Fable III again. I've been a fan of Fable since waaaayyyy back in the day on the original Xbox. And though the series never did quite live up to its potential, it was still a great way to pass the time and get a lot of laughs in at the same time.

Of course, this is all in between marathon 3-4 hour studying sessions. I'm studying on getting a health/life insurance license, which is causing my brain to hurt. I swear, it's not a headache, it's actually my brain going "owww owww owww"...

I'm playing Fallout New Vegas right now along with Dark Souls. Anyone who enjoys personal torture in gaming would enjoy Dark Souls, it has the reputation of being among the most difficult games in this current generation. It's viciously punishing when you make mistakes, but the game is truly brilliant if you are willing to play patient and die a lot to learn from your mistakes. It easily has some of the best enemy design i've ever seen in a game. I love the game, but it's a tremendous challenge that can push you to your limits in gaming and is very rewarding in the long run.

I've been back on Skyrim again, hooked on a new playthough with a different character. I have 3 achievements left for the full 1750 (?). Two are relatively easy (full Werewolf perks, 1000g bounty in all 9 holds), but the Legendary Dragon I'm going to have to grind the levels for... Not looking forward to that.

The original character is closer but everything is done in that playthough and he's a demigod walking around, so there's no challenge. Still have lots to do (and 25 levels to go) on this 2nd character to get to lvl 80.

Right now the only game I'm planning on definitely getting for the 360 between now and November is GTAV. Irritated that NHL14 isn't coming out for the One (which I've had pre-ordered since June.)

From what I've read (gamespot & metacritic) fans aren't happy and it's basically like NHL 14 are re-released versions with some minor updates and new bugs.

I bought Madden for the past 4 years at midnight but this year I didn't get it at midnight and probably won't be getting it at all. I can't remember where I saw it but they gave the game a 6/10, while IGN gave it 8/10.

I bought Madden for the past 4 years at midnight but this year I didn't get it at midnight and probably won't be getting it at all. I can't remember where I saw it but they gave the game a 6/10, while IGN gave it 8/10.

Gamespot gave it a 6.0 (out of 10).

http://www.gamespot.com/madden-nfl-25/

I'm playing Fallout New Vegas right now along with Dark Souls. Anyone who enjoys personal torture in gaming would enjoy Dark Souls, it has the reputation of being among the most difficult games in this current generation. It's viciously punishing when you make mistakes, but the game is truly brilliant if you are willing to play patient and die a lot to learn from your mistakes. It easily has some of the best enemy design i've ever seen in a game. I love the game, but it's a tremendous challenge that can push you to your limits in gaming and is very rewarding in the long run.

I got dark souls and after a few parts, I can't figure out where to go and can't be bothered to look it up at this point in time. Lego games I found out are quite fun. I just got to 32 out of 40 achievements in Pirates of the Caribbean and now I'm working on Lord of the Rings. Maybe I'll eventually go back to dark souls. I'll be playing NHL 14 tons soon and then the Xbox One may be out November 9th and I'm getting probably 8 games for that when they all come out. Good thing I have an exercise bike to ride while I watch every Wings game again this year.

I got dark souls and after a few parts, I can't figure out where to go and can't be bothered to look it up at this point in time. Lego games I found out are quite fun. I just got to 32 out of 40 achievements in Pirates of the Caribbean and now I'm working on Lord of the Rings. Maybe I'll eventually go back to dark souls. I'll be playing NHL 14 tons soon and then the Xbox One may be out November 9th and I'm getting probably 8 games for that when they all come out. Good thing I have an exercise bike to ride while I watch every Wings game again this year.

Yeah I constantly see you online playing something different, not a lot of people play that much of a variety like you and I do.

Dark Souls does have a very steep learning curve, it's complex, and you are looking at close to 200 hours to get 1000 gamerscore out of it. I invested about 35 hours and took a small break but now i'm getting back into it again. It's really up to you what direction you go, it allows you to go to insanely difficult points early on so there's a lot of experimenting and figuring out what you can handle and what you can't depending on your level and class. Wiki has a good walkthrough and beginners path that i've looked to a few times, as it's a game that takes multiple playthroughs to finish, there's parts you tend to favor and avoid initially and you can finish a playthrough while passing over 2/3rds of the game. The most important thing is you need to accept are going to die a lot and you need to welcome it as part of the learning process and not get frustrated. If you do get back into it I can offer up assistance and you can even open up humanity and I can jump in your game with you to help with the tougher bosses.

Just started up a Mass Effect Trilogy run. Starting from scratch with a brand new character, complete with a face code I found online (backwards-converted to ME1 using a converter I also found online).

So, yeah, gonna be on ME for awhile now...

after years of playing pc diablo and a extensive campaign of diablo 2, i bought diablo 3 for the 360 recently and adore it. After picking up the pc version last year and having countless issues with performance running it on a high end computer. I was looking to restore my endless love for dungeon crawling for loot and slaying baddies. I have to say i am more than impressed with the console version, I may even stretch to say its better than its initial release.

after years of playing pc diablo and a extensive campaign of diablo 2, i bought diablo 3 for the 360 recently and adore it. After picking up the pc version last year and having countless issues with performance running it on a high end computer. I was looking to restore my endless love for dungeon crawling for loot and slaying baddies. I have to say i am more than impressed with the console version, I may even stretch to say its better than its initial release.

I really want to purchase Diablo 3 on xbox, I might do so soon. I played the crap out of the first two and loved them, but the closest thing to an epic dungeon crawler that the Xbox had offered previous to this was Torchlight on the arcade.

I'm still playing Dark Souls.. it is life consuming.

I really want to purchase Diablo 3 on xbox, I might do so soon. I played the crap out of the first two and loved them, but the closest thing to an epic dungeon crawler that the Xbox had offered previous to this was Torchlight on the arcade.

thought about getting dark souls several times and haven't. I have both torchlights and haven't enjoyed them near as much as the diablo series. I realize that runic was once blizzard north but something just feels gone from there torchlight series. I am interested in trying PoS but haven't as of now. Oh and also been playing rising storm for pc and its a great shooter.

Edited by Hey man nice shot!

Just started up a Mass Effect Trilogy run. Starting from scratch with a brand new character, complete with a face code I found online (backwards-converted to ME1 using a converter I also found online).

So, yeah, gonna be on ME for awhile now...

I'm on it as well. And been for a while now. Kinda keeping a little break from it at the moment.

I had played ME1 through once a couple years from now on my PC, but just had to get the trilogy when it came out on PS3. And as always I want to complete EVERYTHING in it as I'm pretty much a perfectionist when it comes to gaming. So that means I already have to play the first game through multiple times to get everything there is to get. Two first playthroughs went but pretty soon when the third one started things got too boring and I just had to the break.

Let's see when I have the "strength" to finish that grinding. ME2 is the award that awaits me once I'm done and I've barely watched the trailer for it. I don't want to spoil too much beforehand.

Edited by Finnish Wing

I'm on it as well. And been for a while now. Kinda keeping a little break from it at the moment.

I had played ME1 through once a couple years from now on my PC, but just had to get the trilogy when it came out on PS3. And as always I want to complete EVERYTHING in it as I'm pretty much a perfectionist when it comes to gaming. So that means I already have to play the first game through multiple times to get everything there is to get. Two first playthroughs went but pretty soon when the third one started things got too boring and I just had to the break.

Let's see when I have the "strength" to finish that grinding. ME2 is the award that awaits me once I'm done and I've barely watched the trailer for it. I don't want to spoil too much beforehand.

IMO, 1 was the best of the series, followed by 3 and then 2. That of course is not to say that 2 is a bad game, by any means. 2 was fantastic. As was 3. But the thing that made 1 the best game for me was the little details that were left out of 2 and 3.

For instance, 1 barely had any traditional loading screens. They were very cleverly disguised by elevator rides with news updates, and things like that. 2 and 3 abandoned that whole idea entirely. Several other smaller details like that made 1 such an exceptional game, and the sequels just a little bit beneath the original.

That said, you'll enjoy the twists and turns that the rest of the series throws at you (no spoilers here, I promise). Buckle your seat belt, it's a wild ride!

I would get it, it's actually really fun on console compared to PC atm, thanks to Loot 1.5 and no auction house. PC will get a similar version called Loot 2.0 right when they shut down their auction house, so I'll be switching back to PC when that happens. But in the meantime (and since it's pointless to play D3 PC at this point), console D3 is a good filler.

Guest Crymson

I wasn't able to handle how poor the PC version of Dark Souls is; it's a terrible port.

For anyone considering buying Rome: Total War 2, don't. It's broken.

I've been on Grand Theft Auto 5 lately and for some reason I broke down and bought NHL 14. I still don't like it much but i'm addicted to OTP and Club modes..

Aside from the bad GTA online issues, the game itself is pretty good. It was way overrated in it's reviews, I give it more like an 8.5 out of 10 as it's hardly a perfect game like most reviewers claim it is.

My brother-in-law and his wife moved in with my mother-in-law for the next 2-3 months while they look for a house of their own. He's already told me that he probably won't be able to play GTA V while they're there, since it's too violent.

I think I'm going to suggest to him that he let me borrow it while he's there...

My brother-in-law and his wife moved in with my mother-in-law for the next 2-3 months while they look for a house of their own. He's already told me that he probably won't be able to play GTA V while they're there, since it's too violent.

I think I'm going to suggest to him that he let me borrow it while he's there...

That's a good plan.. the single player campaign is excellent. The only reason why I even got the game to begin with was because I got a free copy, but at this point i'm not sure why I overlooked it and didnt bother preordering it because its pretty awesome.

I did recently get Diablo 3, I can see it being more appealing with a full group of players. I like it fine single player but it's very difficult.

I'm also still playing GTA5 on the side attempting to finish out the massive campaign mode. I'd like to reach 100% completion but theres a ton to do, more so than Red Dead 100%.

I'm also eagerly awaiting Bioshock Infinite: Burial At Sea downloadable campaign to release in about 10 days.