• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Diluvian04

Suter most likely out of Nashville

Rate this topic

Jim Diamond of the examiner just said on XM 92 that he is willing to bet that Suter is done in Nashville. Stating that "Nashville through truck loads of money at him to sign and he turned it down" He said Suter has indicated that he has a desire to play elsewhere. If that's true then so much for the speculation of having both Suter and Parise in Nashville.

Jim Diamond of the examiner just said on XM 92 that he is willing to bet that Suter is done in Nashville. Stating that "Nashville through truck loads of money at him to sign and he turned it down" He said Suter has indicated that he has a desire to play elsewhere. If that's true then so much for the speculation of having both Suter and Parise in Nashville.

Nashville would have zero chance at both keeping Suter and landing Parise. They have 15 players (8 UFA, 7 RFA) to try to re-sign (or replace), including Weber, Suter, both Kostitsyn's, Radulov, Gill, Bouillon, and Tootoo. If we assume that the cap goes to $70 mil, that leaves 15 players to sign with $43 million in cap space.

There's just not enough room to sign their crucial players (Weber, Suter, the Kostitsyn's) to raises over their salaries this year, AND try to land Parise. Even if they managed to pull that off, they would have no offensive depth, very little defensive depth past Weber & Suter, and one of the most expensive goalies in the league. Not exactly a good way to pursue that whole "one goal" thing.

But I'll agree. Suter in Detroit? Yes please!

After we sign Parise. I want Suter here as much as the next guy, but Parise is 1A on the priority list.

Definitely agree. Parise has to be at the top of the priority list. If the Red Wings can hopefully get one of the two, I think they need Parise more. Both would unbelievable, but the likelihood of that happening has to be quite low.

Suter Yes! parise? No thanks. Just don't see it. he is a small sniping forward that is weak on D. Most of us agree that the RW need to be bigger, faster, younger, and grittier. parise costs a ton of money and doesn't solve but half of those problems. How does a guy that scores 35 goals, end up with a -5 rating on a defensive focused team like the devils? Hulder is a 3 million per year player that scores 25 goals. parise is a 6+ million player that scores you 35 goals. Are ten more goals worth 3 million more? No. I would take a Hudler and Jones combo over parise every day of the week, and I am not a fan of Hudler at all. Doan and jones would be even better!

I want Parise more, but our defense is really deteriorating fast and we NEED Suter more. Defense drives this team.

The Wings leading scorer had under a point per game with Z at 69, Dats 67, Flip 66, Mule 56 and Hudler 50. Playoffs, Dats and Z each had 3 pts in 5 games, Flip and Hudler 2, and Mule with an astonishing 1 point. I'm not saying you're wrong that we need Suter more, but for arguments sake, i'll say we need Parise, a gritty as hell, quick as hell phenom of a 2-way forward to ignite our top 6 along with a needed insertion of Nyquist and his speed and ability where it belongs. Suter isn't as important cause we have an absolute beast coming up full time in Smith and Weber will be UFA after next season and can be bid on if he doesn't sign a huge offer sheet with another team this summer. While i'd love to see a top pairing of Kronwall - Suter, i'd rather see a top line with Dats - Parise - whatever...

The Wings leading scorer had under a point per game with Z at 69, Dats 67, Flip 66, Mule 56 and Hudler 50. Playoffs, Dats and Z each had 3 pts in 5 games, Flip and Hudler 2, and Mule with an astonishing 1 point. I'm not saying you're wrong that we need Suter more, but for arguments sake, i'll say we need Parise, a gritty as hell, quick as hell phenom of a 2-way forward to ignite our top 6 along with a needed insertion of Nyquist and his speed and ability where it belongs. Suter isn't as important cause we have an absolute beast coming up full time in Smith and Weber will be UFA after next season and can be bid on if he doesn't sign a huge offer sheet with another team this summer. While i'd love to see a top pairing of Kronwall - Suter, i'd rather see a top line with Dats - Parise - whatever...

A few thing....parise is not gritty. he is also a 60 point guy, not a 80+ point guy. he is a sniper only with very average play making abilities. he is also only 5-11/190. same as most of our forwards. they need people to create space for them in the playoffs, and Parise is not going to do that. Not to mention suck up a lot of money.

Suter Yes! parise? No thanks. Just don't see it. he is a small sniping forward that is weak on D. Most of us agree that the RW need to be bigger, faster, younger, and grittier. parise costs a ton of money and doesn't solve but half of those problems. How does a guy that scores 35 goals, end up with a -5 rating on a defensive focused team like the devils? Hulder is a 3 million per year player that scores 25 goals. parise is a 6+ million player that scores you 35 goals. Are ten more goals worth 3 million more? No. I would take a Hudler and Jones combo over parise every day of the week, and I am not a fan of Hudler at all. Doan and jones would be even better!

Come on, Zach Parise is a good two way player. You can't deny that he backchecks hard and gives it his all, while burying. You can't say we wouldn't LOVE to have that apart of us, a legitimate scoring winger whom can actually backcheck. He sits at -5 this season, -1 previously, and then 24 and 30. Those aren't horrible numbers. Just to throw it in alittle perspective... Lidstrom ended the 2010-2011 season with a -2. You wanna castrate and call him on his defense? It happens.

A few thing....parise is not gritty. he is also a 60 point guy, not a 80+ point guy. he is a sniper only with very average play making abilities. he is also only 5-11/190. same as most of our forwards. they need people to create space for them in the playoffs, and Parise is not going to do that. Not to mention suck up a lot of money.

Parise is also great along the boards, goes to the net and has a fantastic shot. Yeah, we don't need someone like that...

First of all, Parise is NOT weak defensively, have you ever watched this guy play at all? Or are you simply pulling up his stats from this past year (when his centerman was injured for almost the entirety of the year)?

And you would rather have HUDLER over PARISE? lol

One of the most ridiculous things I've ever read on here.

Edited by hooon

Parise is averaging 26s/game more time on the PK than any other NJ forward. Where exactly did you get the impression that he's weak on D other than his +/-? Surely Lidstrom's - season last year should prove that +/- can be deceptive. During the regular season the Devils only scored 0.13 more goals than were scored on them and their 5-on-5 goals for/against ratio was 0.93 (meaning they were scored on more than they scored 5-on-5).

First of all, Parise is NOT weak defensively, have you ever watched this guy play at all? Or are you simply pulling up his stats from this past year (when his centerman was injured for almost the entirety of the year)?

No offense Richdg, but I second this... I'm not sure if you've watched Parise play, but he's a very solid two-way player. He'd fit in Detroit's system very well (at least on paper) and will bring some serious offensive help, if they can manage to sign him. I'm in agreement with everyone saying that the team needs offense more at this juncture, but I can't help but want Suter too. Getting both guys would bring the whole "Christmas in July" thing to life for me.

Here come the proverbial 'the stars are aligned and the Wings will sign both Parise and Suter and we'll be a dynasty again!' posts..

People don't realize how hard it will be to sign one, let alone both of the highest coveted FA's in the market.

Edited by centcougar07

I'm in agreement with everyone saying that the team needs offense more at this juncture, but I can't help but want Suter too. Getting both guys would bring the whole "Christmas in July" thing to life for me.

I'd buy one of those fake white Christmas trees - and decorate it. You have no idea. :lol:

Here come the proverbial 'the stars are aligned and the Wings will sign both Parise and Suter and we'll be a dynasty again!' posts..

People don't realize how hard it will be to sign one, let alone both of the highest coveted FA's in the market.

We'll be very lucky to get just one of Suter and Parise, never mind both.

But a man can dream. (And, honestly, it's not totally beyond the realm of possibility.)

If Holland offer them both $7.5M per for 5+ yrs. That should be enough to entice both of them. But if they'd rather sign in Columbus for $9M, then let them... I don't doubt that if their respective clubs don't see a re-signing coming, their rights will be traded before they become UFA's...

That's not what he said. He's saying he'd rather have Hudler AND someone like Jones, two players that would roughly cost the amount Parise would.

I never said Hudler over parise. I said Hudler AND Jones over Parise. Would have 2 players, more goals and more grit. Now before others read into things that have not been said, let me clear a couple of things up. There is a difference between great and good. Or stars and solid. parise is a good solid player. But is parise a top 15 forward in the NHL player? No. But, to his credit, he is about to get paid like one. He also slows down dramaticly in the PO's. In 37 career PO games, he has 13 goals. About 1 g per 3 games. In the regular season he is closer to 1 per 2 games. In the end, it the playoffs that matter. He is just like most of our forwards in the fact he is not big enough to maintain his productivity in the PO's. When the games get tighter, tougher and more physical-IE playoff games, smaller players see their production drop further-unless then have other big wingers to create space. We as an organization have plenty of small forwards. We have very few big forwards, and the ones we do are old. Doing more of the same and expecting different results is foolish.