• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Diluvian04

Suter most likely out of Nashville

Rate this topic

Guest Hatethedrake!

Suter has already packed his bags and is gone with the wind. He will be a Red Wing along with Parise. Throw in Moen for the 4th line to play with Eaves and Abdelkader and we're there.

A few thing....parise is not gritty. he is also a 60 point guy, not a 80+ point guy. he is a sniper only with very average play making abilities. he is also only 5-11/190. same as most of our forwards. they need people to create space for them in the playoffs, and Parise is not going to do that. Not to mention suck up a lot of money.

Hes not super gritty but he isn't a flagrant diver anyways, a typical star player. He only failed to hit 60 points in his rookie year and has a 90 pt season. And some of those were in a defensive system. This year Zajac was injured most of the year. YOu are clueless.

Well, the preds board on HF boards seems to think he is gone. They think realistically they can't afford to have 3 players over 7 mill which would cripple them for the future (which I think is true). No team can really handle that. The wings have gone for so long without a 7+mill player let alone 3 otherwise you sacrifice depth players. And that is assuming the Nashville can afford to spend to the cap ceiling.

Whether or not the wings can entice him to sign, I can't say (obviously), but its nice to think that he may be available come free agency.

I never said Hudler over parise. I said Hudler AND Jones over Parise. Would have 2 players, more goals and more grit. Now before others read into things that have not been said, let me clear a couple of things up. There is a difference between great and good. Or stars and solid. parise is a good solid player. But is parise a top 15 forward in the NHL player? No. But, to his credit, he is about to get paid like one. He also slows down dramaticly in the PO's. In 37 career PO games, he has 13 goals. About 1 g per 3 games. In the regular season he is closer to 1 per 2 games. In the end, it the playoffs that matter. He is just like most of our forwards in the fact he is not big enough to maintain his productivity in the PO's. When the games get tighter, tougher and more physical-IE playoff games, smaller players see their production drop further-unless then have other big wingers to create space. We as an organization have plenty of small forwards. We have very few big forwards, and the ones we do are old. Doing more of the same and expecting different results is foolish.

DUDE WHAT?! Have you watched these playoffs? Have you seen Zach Parise? The guy is on fire, he is all over the ice, he is working his ass off. Stop using previous stats, jesus christ, welcome to the future, the past doesn't matter. The Mule destroyed the playoffs previously, guess where he was the past two seasons? Oh. My. Bad. What boils down is playoff performance, and Zach Parise can bring that also. He's a GREAT player, he isn't horrible defensively, if anything hes pretty damn awesome at the two way game. I just don't know if we're watching the same Zach Parise, captain of the New Jersey Devils.

DUDE WHAT?! Have you watched these playoffs? Have you seen Zach Parise? The guy is on fire, he is all over the ice, he is working his ass off. Stop using previous stats, jesus christ, welcome to the future, the past doesn't matter. The Mule destroyed the playoffs previously, guess where he was the past two seasons? Oh. My. Bad. What boils down is playoff performance, and Zach Parise can bring that also. He's a GREAT player, he isn't horrible defensively, if anything hes pretty damn awesome at the two way game. I just don't know if we're watching the same Zach Parise, captain of the New Jersey Devils.

Agreed. Furthermore, list one young captain of an nhl team that you absolutely wouldn't covet in free agency? This is a great opportunity for the wings to better their team. Hudler is like a used piece of garbage to me when I compare him to Parise. Think of all the intangibles that Parise brings to the table as a past captain then think of the little that hudler brings off the ice.

Well lets hope it's the Detroit Brass salivating to sign him, and not just the fans doing the salivating...We salivate every year only to be disappointed most times, lets hope Holland is salivating so much the he owns stock in Sani-wipes...

I keep hearing about ryan's uncle, gary suter and how he's got some connections to detroit and would recommend detroit as a possible destination for ryan. However, looking at his career, he hasn't ever played for the wings. So I was just wondering if anyone could shed some light on the matter. Sorry I don't have any sources, just stuff I've read online over the past several months.

I keep hearing about ryan's uncle, gary suter and how he's got some connections to detroit and would recommend detroit as a possible destination for ryan. However, looking at his career, he hasn't ever played for the wings. So I was just wondering if anyone could shed some light on the matter. Sorry I don't have any sources, just stuff I've read online over the past several months.

The Suter connection, I believe, is more about Chelios' close relationship with Gary. Someone can correct me on this, though, things are a bit fuzzy.

Edit: yeah according to this article Cheli and Suter were friends for 30+ years

Edited by Drake_Marcus

Agreed. Furthermore, list one young captain of an nhl team that you absolutely wouldn't covet in free agency? This is a great opportunity for the wings to better their team. Hudler is like a used piece of garbage to me when I compare him to Parise. Think of all the intangibles that Parise brings to the table as a past captain then think of the little that hudler brings off the ice.

He was excellent this play-offs no question about this. But this excellence comes from work ethics not actual skill (he has his share, definitely). It seems we already have such kind of player - Gustav Nyquist looks like a very inexperenced version of Zack Parise. No doubts I would like to have Parise on our team but I also think that a couple of gritty top-9 (mostly third like) forwards may help this team way more. Chris Stewart, David Jones to be realistic. Definitely I would have preferred Bobby Ryan and David Backes...

A few thing....parise is not gritty. he is also a 60 point guy, not a 80+ point guy. he is a sniper only with very average play making abilities. he is also only 5-11/190. same as most of our forwards. they need people to create space for them in the playoffs, and Parise is not going to do that. Not to mention suck up a lot of money.

:rotflmao:

Have you watched ANY Devils games this year or in the playoffs? His work ethic alone sparked the Devils to a 4-1 series win over the Flyers... No one in that series worked harder than Parise. And skating hard and digging deep like Parise does things that the Wings need and didn't do in their brief playoff run...create scoring chances. Parise comes to the Wings July 1st and they're automatically the cup favourite, especially when Staal leaves the Penguins.

Guest Hatethedrake!

He was excellent this play-offs no question about this. But this excellence comes from work ethics not actual skill (he has his share, definitely). It seems we already have such kind of player - Gustav Nyquist looks like a very inexperenced version of Zack Parise. No doubts I would like to have Parise on our team but I also think that a couple of gritty top-9 (mostly third like) forwards may help this team way more. Chris Stewart, David Jones to be realistic. Definitely I would have preferred Bobby Ryan and David Backes...

We need Parise in a big way if we are to become legit Cup contenders again. Right now, the Wings do not scare anyone. Dats and Z are our only bonafide top 6 forwards. Flip and Mule look like they are but are too inconsistent. Flip had a good regular season but was bad in the playoffs. Mule will look great one game and then will disappear for 10 more. Adding Parise takes the pressure off Flip and Mule which can only help them. It takes pressure of Dats and Z as well. Depth is a nice thing to have. But you still need the front end skill guys who can match-up with the other teams top guys. Match-ups become more important in the playoffs. If you only have 2 guys you have to really shut down, then it makes it much easier for the other team. More ammo in the gun and the better chance you have of eliminating your target.

he scores lots of goals, I don't care how. to add to that, we don't have a lot of top 6 players who score garbage goals anymore (especially if homer retires). Our top six relies upon beating the goalie the first time as opposed to banging in rebounds etc.

he scores lots of goals, I don't care how. to add to that, we don't have a lot of top 6 players who score garbage goals anymore (especially if homer retires). Our top six relies upon beating the goalie the first time as opposed to banging in rebounds etc.

I get that people are pointing out that Parise only gets 60 points a season. But that just means he's a Franzen who works hard, on a team without much offensive strength.

The Wings need scoring depth. Adding another Franzen, but one that actually works hard and goes to the net. That's a win.

I get that people are pointing out that Parise only gets 60 points a season. But that just means he's a Franzen who works hard, on a team without much offensive strength.

The Wings need scoring depth. Adding another Franzen, but one that actually works hard and goes to the net. That's a win.

zach had 69 this year and 82, 94 the next two full seasons before. Thats not simply a 60 point ceiling. he potted 45 goals in that 94 point season. He has put up over 30 goals every season since his first one (minus the season of injury). I agree that he works hard and goes to the net, but he is a far better player than franzen, he is a better scorer and all-round player.

suter first

then gritty PKer

then parise/ top 6

A gritty PKer over Zach Parise? Really? Seriously?

Never mind that Zach Parise is Zach Parise, put that aside for a second. Was our PK what killed us against the Preds? On the contrary - the PK was pretty damn impressive. No, what really killed us, more than all the other deficiencies and failures, was our goal scoring (or, you might say, the lack thereof). And this has been an issue for some time now.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for grit, all for toughness, all for Dan Girardi bleeding his face all over his Rags rag. (*swoon*) (I'm not ***.) (Not that I have any problem with gays, or bisexuals, or the being thereof.) (But I digress!) And we absolutely do have to get grittier, tougher, bigger, meaner, stronger.

But Parise takes precedence over the Prusts, Kellys, Konopkas, Arnotts, Gaustads of the FA pool.

zach had 69 this year and 82, 94 the next two full seasons before. Thats not simply a 60 point ceiling. he potted 45 goals in that 94 point season. He has put up over 30 goals every season since his first one (minus the season of injury). I agree that he works hard and goes to the net, but he is a far better player than franzen, he is a better scorer and all-round player.

That is why Parise has a $6 million dollar cap while Franzen as a $3.9 million dollar cap. Some people love to crap all over Franzen, when in all actuality, he is getting paid right about the right amount for what he brings to the team.

That is why Parise has a $6 million dollar cap while Franzen as a $3.9 million dollar cap. Some people love to crap all over Franzen, when in all actuality, he is getting paid right about the right amount for what he brings to the team.

Easy goals in the regular season and a vanishing act in the postseason? For that, I'll crap all over him as much as I want, thank you very much.

The cool thing about Parise is - get this - he actually performs in the playoffs. He even scores!

The cap hit isn't the problem, the duration of the contract is. Franzen is already lazy now - what's he going to be like another five years into the deal? Besides, Franzen brought absolutely nothing to the team in the playoffs. You notice Parise everywhere even when he's not scoring goals.