• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Diluvian04

Suter most likely out of Nashville

Rate this topic

Any astute GM will be doing his due diligence in trying to secure Suter's rights before July 1st. However, if I am Poile, then there is no way in hell I would trade the rights to my biggest rival. But hey that's just me, if I were Poile.

Does he have to trade the rights if Suter is a UFA not RFA? No trade clauses or nothing, just a simple 4 year expiration to UFA. I'm just curious.

I like your line-up but all I want to know is when are we going to get some youth playing from own system.What if Juro comes to camp next year and you have to play him(meaning he shows he that good) than what.

That's a complete fantasy. No way Jurco comes into camp and shows that he absolutely, 100% must be added to the roster. But for argument sake, let's say that any of the Wings prospects shows up and dominates then the Wings would clear a roster spot for him.

People always assume that because the Wings typically keep their prospects down in the minors longer than most teams that they wouldn't put a young kid on the team if he absolutely showed he had to be there. Now, that being said maybe the Wings' idea of a kid showing he has to be there is tougher than some other teams but that doesnt mean everyone on the roster is safe. It may be rare but it's not impossible

That's a complete fantasy. No way Jurco comes into camp and shows that he absolutely, 100% must be added to the roster. But for argument sake, let's say that any of the Wings prospects shows up and dominates then the Wings would clear a roster spot for him.

People always assume that because the Wings typically keep their prospects down in the minors longer than most teams that they wouldn't put a young kid on the team if he absolutely showed he had to be there. Now, that being said maybe the Wings' idea of a kid showing he has to be there is tougher than some other teams but that doesnt mean everyone on the roster is safe. It may be rare but it's not impossible

Well people assume because for the most part, overripping is what Kenny Holland loves. Our development will push players to become mistake free before they try to come into the NHL. We want maturity, and poise. Look at Brendan Smith, any team would easily play him as an NHL'er right now. The Red Wings though, we say he still has flaws in his play and likes to take risks, so that outweighs the potential of his size and production. A lot of franchises will push their minor players into their system trying to make their team better, Detroit will wait it out and make sure the timing is right. Unfortunately, in the case of Brendan Smith, I think his experience from the AHL is coming to an end and will only reach the next level while playing it full time.

Well people assume because for the most part, overripping is what Kenny Holland loves. Our development will push players to become mistake free before they try to come into the NHL. We want maturity, and poise. Look at Brendan Smith, any team would easily play him as an NHL'er right now. The Red Wings though, we say he still has flaws in his play and likes to take risks, so that outweighs the potential of his size and production. A lot of franchises will push their minor players into their system trying to make their team better, Detroit will wait it out and make sure the timing is right. Unfortunately, in the case of Brendan Smith, I think his experience from the AHL is coming to an end and will only reach the next level while playing it full time.

I guess that's what Im saying though. For example, say the Wings sign someone like Suter this summer and Lidstrom returns. Smith would have to play his way onto the team. He'd have to show enough in camp to make the Wings realize they have no choice but to enter him into the line up on a regular basis.

I know a lot of people think Smith would have benefitted this season with the Wings to learn from Lidstrom even if that meant he wasn't in the line up each and every night. Some times (for certian players) I would agree with this type of situation. But as good as Smith was this season when he was with the wings I personally am glad he spent the year with the Griffins because I think he got more out of it.

Does he have to trade the rights if Suter is a UFA not RFA? No trade clauses or nothing, just a simple 4 year expiration to UFA. I'm just curious.

If Suter signs somewhere else as a UFA, the Pred's get no compensation. If they already know he won't re-sign prior to July 1, they would trade his rights off to another team, probably for a draft pick, which would give that other team exclusive rights to negotiate a contract with Suter before he officially becomes a UFA. See the trade last June between Montreal & Columbus for James Wisniewski's rights as an example.

BTW, I recall Kenny saying last year around draft time that trading for a UFA's rights before the deadline is a practice that he doesn't want to participate in. We'll see if that changes w/ Suter or Parise this year.

Edited by ogreslayer

If Suter signs somewhere else as a UFA, the Pred's get no compensation. If they already know he won't re-sign prior to July 1, they would trade his rights off to another team, probably for a draft pick, which would give that other team exclusive rights to negotiate a contract with Suter before he officially becomes a UFA. See the trade last June between Montreal & Columbus for James Wisniewski's rights as an example.

BTW, I recall Kenny saying last year around draft time that trading for a UFA's rights before the deadline is a practice that he doesn't want to participate in. We'll see if that changes w/ Suter or Parise this year.

Okay, that makes absolute sense to me. So practically, they're trading his contract to another team, which will still expire on July 1st but this will hopefully give them a better chance at signing him directly because they "own" him. Right? I guess I can take a crash course on trading in the league, never a big aspect for me knowledge wise. Now, can you ask permission to speak with a member of a team. Like, Holland couldn't speak with him, unless he asked for permission right? But if he were to get permission, he could start contract talks earlier than July 1st. But basically, teams rarely do this because it prevents them from getting something in return? Teach me.

I do remember Kenny coming out last season about it though, due to it strictly being a risk.

Now, can you ask permission to speak with a member of a team. Like, Holland couldn't speak with him, unless he asked for permission right? But if he were to get permission, he could start contract talks earlier than July 1st. But basically, teams rarely do this because it prevents them from getting something in return? Teach me.

I do remember Kenny coming out last season about it though, due to it strictly being a risk.

Only the team holding a player's contract rights can negotiate with the player or their representative regardless, so there's no such possibility of Kenny calling up David Poile in Nashville to ask if they can start talking to Suter now. I'm pretty certain that it's against league policy for Kenny to even flat out mention they're going to make an offer to any other team's pending UFA prior to July 1st as it's considered tampering.

Only the team holding a player's contract rights can negotiate with the player or their representative regardless, so there's no such possibility of Kenny calling up David Poile in Nashville to ask if they can start talking to Suter now. I'm pretty certain that it's against league policy for Kenny to even flat out mention they're going to make an offer to any other team's pending UFA prior to July 1st as it's considered tampering.

Really? I could've sworn i've heard cases of permission being asked to start talks with players/agents early. Thanks for all the clearing up for me though!

That is why Parise has a $6 million dollar cap while Franzen as a $3.9 million dollar cap. Some people love to crap all over Franzen, when in all actuality, he is getting paid right about the right amount for what he brings to the team.

Here we go with that f***in cap hit again, which is nothing but a bulls*** way to manipulate the salary cap. There is not one damn person on this site that believes Francine will be playing the last 3or4 years of his contract. He is already BORED. and while he is BORED the lazy f***** is making 5.25 MILLION f***in dollars to ***** foot around the ice looking for Datsyuk or Zetterburg to work their ass off to feed him pucks for easy goals. At least Parise plays like he has some personal pride in his game and gives a s*** about his teammates. He now plays more like a jackass than a mule.

Edited by nuts2u

Here we go with that f***in cap hit again, which is nothing but a bulls*** way to manipulate the salary cap. There is not one damn person on this site that believes Francine will be playing the last 3or4 years of his contract. He is already BORED. and while he is BORED the lazy f***** is making 5.25 MILLION f***in dollars to ***** foot around the ice looking for Datsyuk or Zetterburg to work their ass off to feed him pucks for easy goals. At least Parise plays like he has some personal pride in his game and gives a s*** about his teammates. He now plays more like a jackass than a mule.

Oh no, the fourth most valuable team in the league is paying a player 1 million dollars more than what his cap hit is listed as.

What will Ilitch do?

Really? I could've sworn i've heard cases of permission being asked to start talks with players/agents early. Thanks for all the clearing up for me though!

It's fairly common when teams are discussing trades, so I don't think there's any rule against it. Possibly a special case for pending UFAs. Though I wouldn't think anyone would give away permission when they can trade it anyway.

You cant talk with the ufa ahead of time. Why would people trade for rights if anyone could negotiate at the same time? It would just mean he could sign ur deal ahead of july 1st which makes no difference if he already heard all the offers as he will just wait and choose the best one.