• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Pat

Chances of landing Parise?

Rate this topic

199 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've been reading through the forum for a couple of weeks now, read countless articles, and this all leads to speculation that Parise will end up in Detroit. However, the Devils are one win away from going to the Eastern conference finals. Does anyone else think that since the Devils are lasting awhile in the playoffs that he may stay there? I really don't think he's going to leave New Jersey now that his team is most likely going to the conference finals. I may be over thinking this but he seems like a loyal teammate and the fans love him so why would he leave? He already said he wants to go to a winning team and doesn't care about the money. (Devils have gone farther then Wings, + have cap room)

I do not think he is going to leave New Jersey, but if he does I think the chances of the Wings signing him are nearly 100% based on comments from him and the articles I've read.

Post your thoughts.

Much of the speculation that has Parise leaving the Devils is based on the financial state of the team. The New Jersey Devils are an economic mess at the moment, and the instability suggests that Parise won't be brought back to the club.

Whether he comes to Detroit of all places is another story.

For the record I voted 10%. I know there are 30 teams that would love to add someone of Parise's caliber (especially with the lack of high end skill in this year's free agent pool). I don't know how many can realistically afford to take a shot at him, but he's the type of player you should be moving pieces around to fit in. I'd wager at least a third of the league will make serious inquiries with appeal to Parise in one form or another.

Edited by Echolalia

If this was a poll on how much % I want Parise, I wouldn't be able to vote because 1000% isn't an option.

But in all seriousness, I really hope we offer sheet him something so retarded that he essentially has no choice but to play for us. The Devils are in trouble financially as an organization, and that's been screaming that they need to get rid of someone.

I went 40% which I think is fairly high confidence for a free agent that will attract major attention. If Parise gets to July 1st, my hunch is the Red Wings are the favorite to land him. I have nothing to base that on but speculation and maybe a whole hell of a lot of hope.

I think Minnesota will be the other destination most in play here. I know the Red Wings philosophy is generally not to get into bidding wars, but Parise is the type of player you throw out the standard and go all out to sign.

If we had a similar confidence poll for Suter, I would go much lower. For some reason, it just seems like Parise is the perfect fit for Detroit. I get the feeling he's the top target this summer for Holland and maybe that leftover cap space was saved up just for this.

Edited by GoWings1905

I said 30%. With NJ's situation, its a good bet that he'll leave the Devils, however there will be a lot of teams interested in him and someone (it only takes one) will give him a stupid offer like $9 mil a year for 7 years and he'll be out of our hands. Holland won't overpay. The only way he comes to Detroit is if he doesn't care about getting the most money he can and he recognizes that his style of play really makes him a great fit for our team.

Having said that, I had a dream I got a Parise Winter Classic jersey for Christmas. It was a #90 on the back. So let's hope it was more than a dream. :D

I've been reading through the forum for a couple of weeks now, read countless articles, and this all leads to speculation that Parise will end up in Detroit. However, the Devils are one win away from going to the Eastern conference finals. Does anyone else think that since the Devils are lasting awhile in the playoffs that he may stay there? I really don't think he's going to leave New Jersey now that his team is most likely going to the conference finals. I may be over thinking this but he seems like a loyal teammate and the fans love him so why would he leave? He already said he wants to go to a winning team and doesn't care about the money. (Devils have gone farther then Wings, + have cap room)

I do not think he is going to leave New Jersey, but if he does I think the chances of the Wings signing him are nearly 100% based on comments from him and the articles I've read.

Post your thoughts.

The chances of his staying in NJ are slim. Even if they make it to the ECF, NJ's financial situation sucks and signing Parise long term will be nearly impossible. The owners have been defaulting on payments for months. That being said, when he hits the UFA market, the odds of him becoming a Wings are FAR from 100%

I said 30%. With NJ's situation, its a good bet that he'll leave the Devils, however there will be a lot of teams interested in him and someone (it only takes one) will give him a stupid offer like $9 mil a year for 7 years and he'll be out of our hands. Holland won't overpay. The only way he comes to Detroit is if he doesn't care about getting the most money he can and he recognizes that his style of play really makes him a great fit for our team.

Having said that, I had a dream I got a Parise Winter Classic jersey for Christmas. It was a #90 on the back. So let's hope it was more than a dream. :D

I respect that your dream respects retired numbers.

A good chance if Holland offers at LEAST 5 yrs $7.5M per season. If Holland pulls the bulls*** that "noone makes more than our captain or Datsyuk, etc..." then there is ZERO chance.

If the cap goes up to $70M, he can give BOTH Suter and Parise $7.5M, give Helm and Abby nice raises, then re-sign Lids to whatever Lids wants. I say we can offer Quincey a contract of $3M, if he doesn't bite, then let him explore the NHL and collect the 1st and 3rd round pick...

40%

Better poll: If we can only have one of Parise and Suter, who do we go for?

:SLAP: My heart could not handle making that decision..... :shocking::butbut:

Guest Hatethedrake!

I was confident that Parise was going to sign with the Wings on July 1st. But centcougar07 told me that he isn't so I've given up all hope. Hudler is the better player anyway and I expect a new Franzen like deal for him.

Just kidding of course. I voted 100% and look forward to telling centcougar07 to kiss my ass, I told ya so. Oh and we're getting Suter too. 100% on this. I said so it is a fact.

Guest Hatethedrake!

What's all this Parise talk? We have Franzen!

esteef

Could you imagine how terrible it would be for Penner and Franzen to play on the same line? :lol:

Hypothetically does his viewpoint change if the Devils win the cup this year?

Would he be more inclined to take the best offer from any team if he's fresh off of a Cup win or be more tempted to remain in NJ with the championship team? I think how deep the Devils go in the playoffs will impact a final decision from him when it's July. With that said it's kind of hard to judge at this point when there's still a few questions unanswered like is the cap really going to go up next season and what Lids is going to do.

There's a lot of speculation right now and it's kind of irritating to wait until July especially when we aren't competing in the playoffs right now.

Oh, and I picked 40%.

A good chance if Holland offers at LEAST 5 yrs $7.5M per season. If Holland pulls the bulls*** that "noone makes more than our captain or Datsyuk, etc..." then there is ZERO chance.

If the cap goes up to $70M, he can give BOTH Suter and Parise $7.5M, give Helm and Abby nice raises, then re-sign Lids to whatever Lids wants. I say we can offer Quincey a contract of $3M, if he doesn't bite, then let him explore the NHL and collect the 1st and 3rd round pick...

:SLAP: My heart could not handle making that decision..... :shocking::butbut:

Luckily Holland only did the 'no one makes more than Lidstrom' thing once and it was with Lidstrom because at the time he made that promise to Lidstrom when he signed his contract at a discount and Holland is a man of his word. He's never made a promise to Datsyuk about players making more than him.

Hypothetically does his viewpoint change if the Devils win the cup this year?

Would he be more inclined to take the best offer from any team if he's fresh off of a Cup win or be more tempted to remain in NJ with the championship team? I think how deep the Devils go in the playoffs will impact a final decision from him when it's July. With that said it's kind of hard to judge at this point when there's still a few questions unanswered like is the cap really going to go up next season and what Lids is going to do.

There's a lot of speculation right now and it's kind of irritating to wait until July especially when we aren't competing in the playoffs right now.

Oh, and I picked 40%.

I was thinking about this tonight when Kovy scored the 3rd goal. The thing is-- Brodeur is probably more likely to retire this summer if he wins the Cup (his numbers are down across the board, he lost quite a few starts to another goalie over the last two seasons and he might genuinely want to go out on a high note). If Marty were to retire it would likely signal some more serious moves as well.

In the end the big thing is how dire the financial situation is in NJ. Let's not forget that Parise turned down a serious extension last year to sign a 1 year 'moving on' contract.

Guest Hatethedrake!

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Zach Parise ($7.250m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m)

Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)

Danny Cleary ($2.800m) / Darren Helm ($1.500m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)

Travis Moen ($1.750m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.250m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)

Drew Miller ($0.838m) / Jan Mursak ($0.550m)

DEFENSEMEN

Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / Ryan Suter ($7.250m)

Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Ian White ($2.875m)

Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m) / Brendan Smith ($0.875m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)

Josh Harding ($1.500m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $69,658,712; BONUSES: $37,500

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $341,288

Could you imagine how terrible it would be for Penner and Franzen to play on the same line? :lol:

The only way that line is worse is if its Semin Penner Franzen. I say thats only 4 strides between the three of them per shift. Brutal

with semin on the wing.

:whoa:

LMAO...I didnt read your post before I wrote mine...great minds Bro! :clap: