• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Pat

Chances of landing Parise?

Rate this topic

199 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What if New Jersey wins the cup? Do we want a player who won't be as hungry and desperate for a championship?

I just had a dream that the Wings signed Parise AND traded for Adam Larsson. Ah I wish I never woke up you know?

Lidstrom-Larsson

Kronwall-Ericsson

Quincey-Smith

If Jersey doesn't re-sign him then I say the Wings have an 80% chance of getting him. All signs point to him coming here, but I didn't want to jinx it and say 100%, haha.

I hate to be That Guy, but...do all signs really point to him coming here? I mean, I know he's said a couple nice things about the organization, and it's no secret that he's #1a or #1b on Our Powers That Be's collective Summer Wishlist - because, holy s***e, guy couldn't be more perfect for the part.

But does all (or any) of that actually point to him coming here?

I admit, I do get a planets-are-aligning kind of vibe from the whole thing, almost like it's - wait for it - Meant to Be. But...well, put it this way: if I'm a Devils fan, I'm not putting a whole lot of stock in the "Parise-to-Detroit?" hype parade - which, let's be honest, has been built up mostly by Detroit-based writers who are working with about as much "inside" insight as we ourselves have.

By all signs point to here, I think it would be better to say one sign points to here and that is playing alongside Datsyuk, presumably his favorite player to watch. Whether that's an actual sign is anyone's guess, but I think better factors to look at include how much each team is willing to pay him, and for how long, the role at his new team, and their odds at winning the Stanley Cup during his contract length are. Fortunately the Wings get a passing grade on all the above, but I don't think you can say they have the best grade in any of those factors, compared to other suitors. We may pay him 7M, but maybe Columbus can pay 9. Maybe the Flyers have a better chance of getting deep into the playoffs, but perhaps they can only afford a short term deal, or 6M long term. What does Parise want to sacrifice, and what is essential to him? We can only guess.

Guest Hatethedrake!

The thing is, why be so negative about it? The Red Wings have alot going for them this July 1st. They have Cap space, need and reputation. They had all 3 last summer as well but there were not star players in their prime like Parise and Suter who were available to be signed. Will the Wings get both? Maybe, maybe not. However it is not some fantasy scenario. Some teams have Cap space but are not contenders. Some teams are contenders but do not have the Cap space. Some teams have both but do not have anywhere near the great reputation the Wings have. Lets face it. The Wings have to be favoured to get at least one of these guys. I would say this even if I were not a Red Wings fan. Everyone knew last summer that Brad Richards was going to be a Ranger. Because logic said so. He played for Tortorella and has a strong relationship with him. Torts is the Rangers head coach and they had a glaring need for a #1 centre. So Richards signed there. Parise has already said in an interview that the Red Wings play hockey the right way and that his favourite player in the league is Pavel Datsyuk. Does this mean Parise will sign here? No. I choose to be positive. If neither Parise or Suter are Red Wings this summer then hey, life goes on. The Red Wings will still be a decent team. I just don't understand all the pessimism amongst the Debbie Downers on this forum. It reminds me of Mr Snuffleufagus on Sesame Street. He was never happy and was always negative. Why be a fan then? Just give up and don't watch hockey. Get a rope and hang yourself. Seriously though, Detroit is going to be a major player in UFA come July 1st whether you want to believe it or not.

How do all signs point to him signing here? seriously I want to know

Its all overblown speculation at this point, sure it makes sense, but has Holland flat out said "We are going to pursue Parise" or has Parise said "Detroit is one of my options"?

If it has been said I apologize, but I don't recall either end mentioning eachother at this point, the deal makes sense but for all we know Holland could have no interest in paying out for Parise whatsoever and plans on going after someone else.

I thought I was being generous voting 40% but everyone that voted above 50% may be gravely disappointed when you put it into perspective. Not trying to be a killjoy but we gotta consider the facts on top of how much we want this guy to play here.

Maybe Parise's agent will call Ken at the 1st of July,who knows :hehe:

It was good to read he has a high opinion about the Red Wings,but that means nothing.

Parise's agent wont have to call anyone, his phone will be blowing up on midnight,

And yeah it does mean nothin, Glad others see that< he has sais similar things about Minnesota and if any team asked him what they thought of the organization, he would say good things.

Parise's agent wont have to call anyone, his phone will be blowing up on midnight,

And yeah it does mean nothin, Glad others see that< he has sais similar things about Minnesota and if any team asked him what they thought of the organization, he would say good things.

Hopefully Ken Holland will trade for Parise's rights so we could try and lock him up before July 1. I think Parise is the most important player we need to try and get this offseason. I see a lot of people saying that Suter is but realistically there are players who are comparable to Suter. Wideman, Garrison, and Carle all come to mind. Parise is just that much better than the other UFA forwards. My biggest fear is that we either go with the same old group or sign guys who are half as talented. The Central is too tough to continue with retreads who are older. My last alternative to the defensemen I named would be Filip Kuba. But if we end up with him then we'll know that the wings aren't the #1 destination for these guys anymore.

Hopefully Ken Holland will trade for Parise's rights so we could try and lock him up before July 1. I think Parise is the most important player we need to try and get this offseason. I see a lot of people saying that Suter is but realistically there are players who are comparable to Suter. Wideman, Garrison, and Carle all come to mind. Parise is just that much better than the other UFA forwards. My biggest fear is that we either go with the same old group or sign guys who are half as talented. The Central is too tough to continue with retreads who are older. My last alternative to the defensemen I named would be Filip Kuba. But if we end up with him then we'll know that the wings aren't the #1 destination for these guys anymore.

That could happen if it gets to a point where NJ realizes he's not going to resign. My guess though is that NJ won't trade his rights.

Depends on what he wants..does he want more dough or does he want a serious contender each and every year? I mean, we're not the only contender but we'll see. Making $10 mil a year is great but I would assume that winning at least one cup is more important to a lot of this talent.

Depends on what he wants..does he want more dough or does he want a serious contender each and every year? I mean, we're not the only contender but we'll see. Making $10 mil a year is great but I would assume that winning at least one cup is more important to a lot of this talent.

The thing is he will get offered insanely high contracts by teams that need to do so. And as you said yourself, we're not the only contenders. In 2-3 years we might not even be that if Holland can't flip the age factor while keeping the talent and production relatively linear. Which would be impressive and awe inspiring if you ask me. It also doesn't help that we haven't done much of anything in the playoffs recently despite getting there against beatable teams. I would have more confidence if I thought Detroit was still THE place to be when it came to FA's. I think they look now and see a team declining unfortunately.