• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Pat

Chances of landing Parise?

Rate this topic

199 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Definitely see your point and I agree with the desperation portion a great deal. I think it's pretty evident now the Red Wings need some new blood that has not won previously. However, Parise does not strike me as a player that is going to get complacent from winning a championship or signing a new contract. He's a leader -- he works hard all of the time, much like Datsyuk and Zetterberg do for the Red Wings.

It would be a fair concern for me but that doesn't mean I'd pass on him entirely.

He really would be awesome with both Pav and Z. Sometimes I feel like Parise is a better fit with Zetterberg 5 on 5 and then maybe with Datsyuk on the power play. 5 on 5 though, a team would have to worry about both funneling pucks to the net and/or crashing the net, which could leave a lot of room for another shooter like Mule to do some real damage.

Not at all. He's one of those guys that just loves the game and wants to win all the time. Perfect fit for our organization. He's hungry constantly, kind of like Toews. You can kind of tell the ones who like money and fame (etc.) compared to he ones who love hockey. Parise seems like a flat-out hockey nerd. If he wins the cup this year (doubtful, LA is far too strong at this point, but thats another thread) I feel as though that would only make him hungrier.

If he loses in the finals then yeah I can see that really pissing off a player.

If he loses in the finals then yeah I can see that really pissing off a player.

Even if he wins, he will want more. Getting that first taste will lose its flavour quicker than he anticipated.

Unfortunately now if the Devils win it all regardless of their "financial crisis" coming up. I think the Devils somehow keep Parise. He's their Captain and has been for awhile right? With Brodeur coming back to New Jersey next season (maybe) makes me think New Jersey will probably try desperately hard to keep Parise. Either way his value obviously is going up more than 7 million with pretty much the whole league interested. Not saying Kenny can't get him either but it's going to be tough. I was hoping the Devils would have been out of the playoffs early......eh.

Unfortunately now if the Devils win it all regardless of their "financial crisis" coming up. I think the Devils somehow keep Parise. He's their Captain and has been for awhile right? With Brodeur coming back to New Jersey next season (maybe) makes me think New Jersey will probably try desperately hard to keep Parise. Either way his value obviously is going up more than 7 million with pretty much the whole league interested. Not saying Kenny can't get him either but it's going to be tough. I was hoping the Devils would have been out of the playoffs early......eh.

With the possibility that the chances lower the farther the Devils go, I still find myself cheering for them. I hate the Rangers. Bums.

No, he has only been captain for one year (this year).

Minnesota gets brought up among potential suitors. They will make a substantial offer. There's a good chance they land him IMO.

Put yourself in his shoes. Do you want to join the likes of amazing talent like Dany Heatley and Devin Setoguchi? Sarcasm intended. Especially if he doesn't win the cup, he will want to go somewhere that has a chance in the next 459827 years.

Put yourself in his shoes. Do you want to join the likes of amazing talent like Dany Heatley and Devin Setoguchi? Sarcasm intended. Especially if he doesn't win the cup, he will want to go somewhere that has a chance in the next 459827 years.

I've said it before but I'll say it again, Minnesota has some of the best prospects in the league and a lineup that, when healthy, was the top team in the league points wise. They have a very deep, very talented prospect pool. So even only a third of them live up to expectations, they are going to be a very, very good team in about 2 years. And I think it's reasonable to say that very rarely do prospects end up being complete and total busts when they are as highly touted as Minnesota's are. Mikael Granlund just signed with them and he's been called by many the best hockey player outside of the NHL. So without going too deep into that (because I could go deeper), I'll just say that Minnesota has a great future ahead of them. Their stock is rising and Detroit's is falling IMHO. Plus they have the cap space to sign big time players and they will continue to have a lot of cap space in the future when they get rid of certain contracts on their roster (i.e. Backstrom, Cullen, etc.). They will probably make the biggest offer in a monetary sense. I think they will be big players and certainly have a great chance to sign Parise.

Plus I suppose it doesn't hurt that they have the hometown draw. Parise's got a hot new wife and they just bought a new house out there last summer. I'm sure he'd love to come home to her after a 3 point night. yowza.gif

Devils win

Chances of him coming to Detroit as of now?

Just went way down IMO. If the Devils lose, Parise has the motivation to see how close they were and may want to finish the job. If they win, it may be tough to pry a player away from a team coming off a championship.

I guess everything still revolves around the money situation, but it would have been more ideal if the Devils went out in the first round.

I've said it before but I'll say it again, Minnesota has some of the best prospects in the league and a lineup that, when healthy, was the top team in the league points wise. They have a very deep, very talented prospect pool. So even only a third of them live up to expectations, they are going to be a very, very good team in about 2 years. And I think it's reasonable to say that very rarely do prospects end up being complete and total busts when they are as highly touted as Minnesota's are. Mikael Granlund just signed with them and he's been called by many the best hockey player outside of the NHL. So without going too deep into that (because I could go deeper), I'll just say that Minnesota has a great future ahead of them. Their stock is rising and Detroit's is falling IMHO. Plus they have the cap space to sign big time players and they will continue to have a lot of cap space in the future when they get rid of certain contracts on their roster (i.e. Backstrom, Cullen, etc.). They will probably make the biggest offer in a monetary sense. I think they will be big players and certainly have a great chance to sign Parise.

Plus I suppose it doesn't hurt that they have the hometown draw. Parise's got a hot new wife and they just bought a new house out there last summer. I'm sure he'd love to come home to her after a 3 point night. yowza.gif

Im sure its at least 50% because of my bias, but I just don't see it happening.

1. What would you rather do? Put on a jersey that screams world-class, or put on a jersey that screams we try but never make it? It means more to push a dynasty to its limits than attempt to start a team that doesn't have a proven management and organization (regardless of up-and-comers, its all about how you keep it running. There are a bunch of teams out there now that sucked so bad they got good)

2. Minnesota will offer big money to the pair of Parise and Suter, but will sacrifice the teams future if they end up paying it... (with Heatley making 7.5 mil for the next few years, and Koivu making 6.75) as they will have to pay their future up-and-comers a good amount of coin after their entry-level contracts. That also includes the fact that Parise and Suter would want long-term contracts. Detroit's name demands salary drops because of the tradition, thus making it the more likely landing spot salary wise. I do not believe either Parise or Suter would want a million or two more per year to take a risk greater than the one they would be taking going to Detroit.

3. Dany Heatley. Nuff said. This guy brings down teams morales single-handedly. Pure garbage teammate, pure garbage work ethic.

P.S. It was actually Radulov who was called the best outside of the NHL, and we saw his amazing work ethic in round 2 against Phoenix... lulz. Not to say anything directly about Granlund though.

To conclude: I see the possibility only because of the hometown relevance and 'hot-wife-3-point-night-back-in-Minnesota-about-to-become-4-point-night-argument' only. :D

1338007865[/url]' post='2303312']

I am going to assume that he stays put win or lose here. Regardless I so look forward to these finals...LA has kicked ass and the Devils have been a shocker as every round I thought they'd be done for sure...

The Devils won't be able to retain him, though, not with their substantial debt.

Im sure its at least 50% because of my bias, but I just don't see it happening.

1. What would you rather do? Put on a jersey that screams world-class, or put on a jersey that screams we try but never make it? It means more to push a dynasty to its limits than attempt to start a team that doesn't have a proven management and organization (regardless of up-and-comers, its all about how you keep it running. There are a bunch of teams out there now that sucked so bad they got good)

2. Minnesota will offer big money to the pair of Parise and Suter, but will sacrifice the teams future if they end up paying it... (with Heatley making 7.5 mil for the next few years, and Koivu making 6.75) as they will have to pay their future up-and-comers a good amount of coin after their entry-level contracts. That also includes the fact that Parise and Suter would want long-term contracts. Detroit's name demands salary drops because of the tradition, thus making it the more likely landing spot salary wise. I do not believe either Parise or Suter would want a million or two more per year to take a risk greater than the one they would be taking going to Detroit.

3. Dany Heatley. Nuff said. This guy brings down teams morales single-handedly. Pure garbage teammate, pure garbage work ethic.

P.S. It was actually Radulov who was called the best outside of the NHL, and we saw his amazing work ethic in round 2 against Phoenix... lulz. Not to say anything directly about Granlund though.

To conclude: I see the possibility only because of the hometown relevance and 'hot-wife-3-point-night-back-in-Minnesota-about-to-become-4-point-night-argument' only. :D

I wouldn't say Minnesota isn't a classy organization. Sure they haven't accomplished much but they also have only been in the league for 12 year, Detroit has a few on them I believe. And they've really only had a competent GM for 3 of those years (the past 3). I think they've done an outstanding job of drafting and making trades the past few years and have built the team the right way, from the ground up.

As I said Minnesota will have plenty of cap space to work with this year and in the coming years. Bouchard and Backstrom will be off the books next year as well as a couple of old buyouts. And Heatley will be off by the time most of their prospects entry deals come to an end. And I think Cullen comes off sometime soon as well. So the only big contract they will have left is Koivu's at 6.5 a year and while I think that's overpayment, they shouldn't have a problem with money anytime soon.

And everything I heard from Minnesota this past year (coaches, teammates, FO, etc.) says that Dany Heatley has been a model teammate and role model. So much so that they gave him the 'A' after only the first month of him being there. Apparently his work ethic has been killer. So I don't know, maybe he's cleaned up his act for good. Because they said the same things in San Jose.

Except Radulov isn't outside the NHL anymore. Plus he's Russian so it doesn't count. We know how lazy those damn commies are.

And yes the hometown draw will probably have a lot more to do with it than people think. His whole family is there, that has to be a draw. If I was him I'd love to play in a place like Minnesota will borderline insane passion for the game of hockey as a whole, on and up and coming team, all while being hailed as 'God' by many fans and getting to spend all of the holidays and what-not with family. Not to mention testing the durability and functionality of all the furniture in my brand new house with my smoking hot wife....hehe.gif

LOL our prospect pool is ranked higher than Minnys....The wild's prospect pool isn't even ranked among the top 15

Edit: did a little more digging and found that ESPN (not that they know anything about hockey) has Minnys prospect pool ranked among the top 15.....yet they still had the wings farm ranked higher :)

Edited by number9

LOL our prospect pool is ranked higher than Minnys....The wild's prospect pool isn't even ranked among the top 15

Edit: did a little more digging and found that ESPN (not that they know anything about hockey) has Minnys prospect pool ranked among the top 15.....yet they still had the wings farm ranked higher :)

And as I've said before those lists aren't updated. They also have Ryan Nugent-Hopkins as the #1 overall prospect. And he's not a prospect anymore so.... Not very credible. Same with ESPN. Not only that but what does ESPN know about hockey? They show about 1 hockey highlight every 2 months.

And as I've said before those lists aren't updated. They also have Ryan Nugent-Hopkins as the #1 overall prospect. And he's not a prospect anymore so.... Not very credible. Same with ESPN. Not only that but what does ESPN know about hockey? They show about 1 hockey highlight every 2 months.

hence why i said "not that they know anything about hockey"....there the only ones who put Minny in the top 15

And no, Im referring to 2011-2012 post season rankings....so yeah....