• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Pat

Chances of landing Parise?

Rate this topic

199 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

hence why i said "not that they know anything about hockey"....there the only ones who put Minny in the top 15

And no, Im referring to 2011-2012 post season rankings....so yeah....

I see only one source. That being hfboards. I went to look at the Minnesota and Detroit write up. They have Colton Gillies as "lost to graduation" on Minnesota's write up. But he was cut by them halfway through the season.. That tells me that this was probably written a long time ago.

EDIT: haha.. Yeah I just read the HF rankings from last year and compared them to this "2011-2012 post-season" set of rankings and they are word for word the same. Hardly credible.

Edited by centcougar07

I see only one source. That being hfboards. I went to look at the Minnesota and Detroit write up. They have Colton Gillies as "lost to graduation" on Minnesota's write up. But he was cut by them halfway through the season.. That tells me that this was probably written a long time ago.

EDIT: haha.. Yeah I just read the HF rankings from last year and compared them to this "2011-2012 post-season" set of rankings and they are word for word the same. Hardly credible.

I dont use the HF boards.....off to pull up some sources for you

http://www.hockeyprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=1012

Detroit #1 and Minnesota #13, but its 2011 which I'm sure you'll be mad about.

"Hockey Futures" hasn't changed if that's what your referring to, because not much of anything has changed in rankings besides i think Calgary's prospect pool moving up 4 spots and Boston moving up a few spots.

I wouldn't use the boards.

At this stage I say the only way he comes here is if they lose convincingly in the finals and Parise indivually plays terribly enough to be a primary scapegoat for their failure ... 0-goals, 1 assist, and a -5 in a 5 game series would likely accomplish that haha. Don't see it happening, but the only way he even looks elsewhere is if he somehow becomes the Devils Roberto Luongo and becomes the franchises whipping boy for an untimely beds***ting.

http://www.hockeypro...?articleid=1012

Detroit #1 and Minnesota #13, but its 2011 which I'm sure you'll be mad about.

"Hockey Futures" hasn't changed if that's what your referring to, because not much of anything has changed in rankings besides i think Calgary's prospect pool moving up 4 spots and Boston moving up a few spots.

I wouldn't use the boards.

Yes another article. Even older. There's been a whole entire year to view and reevaluate prospects. And it looks to me like it was written by one guy who seems to think very highly of average to slightly above average players. And HF literally used word for word the same writeups and called it "new".

No he's from Minneapolis. He went to school for a year or two in Faribault at Shattuck St. Mary's. But he was born and raised in the Twin Cities.

He was born in Minneapolis but moved to Faribault in 89. Look it up. Meaning he wasnt born and raised in Minneapolis.

Drives me insane when people say oh he's from wherever when they dont have a ******* clue where he's from and are going just by assumption.

He was born in Minneapolis but moved to Faribault in 89. Look it up. Meaning he wasnt born and raised in Minneapolis.

Drives me insane when people say oh he's from wherever when they dont have a ******* clue where he's from and are going just by assumption.

Much like when everyone was saying Suter was from Minni also...I agree with you 100%!

Yes another article. Even older. There's been a whole entire year to view and reevaluate prospects. And it looks to me like it was written by one guy who seems to think very highly of average to slightly above average players. And HF literally used word for word the same writeups and called it "new".

average to slightly above average players? wings players? blasphemy.

"not much of anything has changed in rankings besides i think Calgary's prospect pool moving up 4 spots and Boston moving up a few spots."

Im not going by assumption. I'm going by Zach Parise himself saying it when he was talking about Minnesota and where he grew up on a radio interview. He spent about 3 and a half years in Faribault when he played for Shattuck before he went to North Dakota. Look it up.

Im not going by assumption. I'm going by Zach Parise himself saying it when he was talking about Minnesota and where he grew up on a radio interview. He spent about 3 and a half years in Faribault when he played for Shattuck before he went to North Dakota. Look it up.

I did look it up. So when his dad J.P took over as hockey director at Shattuck St. Mary's in 1989, Zach didnt move there or anything? I did look it up. It's funny how i can look up a radio interview you "supposedly" heard. Yeah Zach played at Shattuck and was one of my biggest rivals in high school hockey. Culver Military Academy is where I went (same place as Ryan Suter for 2 years) and I know all about Shattuck and those big names that have attended there. I live close to Faribault now too. Yes. Apparently you dont but keep posting lies on here its cool. You need cred. Cheers

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)

I did look it up. So when his dad J.P took over as hockey director at Shattuck St. Mary's in 1989, Zach didnt move there or anything? I did look it up. It's funny how i can look up a radio interview you "supposedly" heard. Yeah Zach played at Shattuck and was one of my biggest rivals in high school hockey. Culver Military Academy is where I went (same place as Ryan Suter for 2 years) and I know all about Shattuck and those big names that have attended there. I live close to Faribault now too. Yes. Apparently you dont but keep posting lies on here its cool. You need cred. Cheers

No he lived in the cities till he enrolled at Shattuck.

Heard the Rangers will be pushing very hard for Parise's services.

I could see him going there. (Really, who wouldn't love to play for an NYC team?)

You can really grow your brand in NYC If you care about such things. Although I can't really recall many of today's hockey players who are too obnoxious about their brands except for the usual suspects.

Although I think Tortorella is the top coach that players DON'T want to play for iirc. I'm not sure why but I remember that result from a player poll. If I had to guess it's probably because his kind of yelling, if done recklessly and too often, can really lose a locker room. So you have to consider that.

I still think Pavel and Z are perfect fits as centerman for Parise. Especially the playoff version of Zetterberg.

Heard the Rangers will be pushing very hard for Parise's services.

I could see him going there. (Really, who wouldn't love to play for an NYC team?)

Rangers have 49 Million locked up in 15 players next year. If the cap ends up somewhere around 70 Million (which I've heard Holland say is the number the Wings are going to use until told otherwise) that leaves them 21 Million to sign 8 players. Del Zotto is one of them and he'll command 4-5 Million. This leaves 16 M roughly to sign 7 players. If Parise and Suter are a package, no way the Rags can afford them. Parise alone maybe, but that would leave you with only 9 Million to sign 6 players. Do-able I suppose, but it kind of screws with your overall depth.

Edited by rick zombo

Parise alone maybe, but that would leave you with only 9 Million to sign 6 players. Do-able I suppose, but it kind of screws with your overall depth.

They'd have to "make room," no doubt.

I'm guessing he goes to Carolina. *shrug*

Edited by Dabura

Guest Hatethedrake!

The Rangers will be a player. They always are. However, like the Wings, just because they want the player(s) doesn't mean they will get them. The Rags could sign Parise and Suter, trade Gaborik and trade for Nash. It could happen but it likely will not.