• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Richdg

Just to change it up a bit...

Rate this topic

Just wondering peoples thoughts about the next coach, when that time comes. No babcock isn't leaving anytime soon. But sooner or later he will. Be it retire or whatever. So who are the young coaches that you would like to see here down the road?

I don't even think you can predict a coach situation. Babcock has a nice contract to live out, inwhich he says he hopes to continue with Detroit. He also states that hopefully he won't be coaching 10 years from now, or atleast he won't be in Detroit. Back to the topic though, predicting a firing or contract expiration of a coach, ontop of who would be available is just a silly question to ask in my book. I love your motivation, but I think you may want to slow down on all these threads yowza.gif

Just wondering peoples thoughts about the next coach, when that time comes. No babcock isn't leaving anytime soon. But sooner or later he will. Be it retire or whatever. So who are the young coaches that you would like to see here down the road?

Well by the time babs is gone all the young coaches won't be young anymore...wayyyyy too soon to say anything about this

Maybe to early, but on the other hand you always look down the road. I have no idea who it is going to be, but what i would like to see happen is the next HC be on our staff for a few years first.

Trotz-Babcock-Hitchcock super team. The Miami Heat of coaching assignments.

Guest blueadams

Stevie-Y's the legend and all...but does that make him a great front office guy?? Couldn't say that I love him more, but let's see how he does in Tampa first. It seems like he's sort of copying the Holland equation out there. Which I'm sick of. And which appears to no longer work.

Go ahead and shoot me, but I think Babcock would make a great GM.

I'd like to see Yzerman do anything at all as a GM before one of the premier teams in the league hires him as a GM. Conference final win at least. Olympics doesn't mean anything, picking that team was pretty much a no brainer.

Stevie-Y's the legend and all...but does that make him a great front office guy?? Couldn't say that I love him more, but let's see how he does in Tampa first. It seems like he's sort of copying the Holland equation out there. Which I'm sick of. And which appears to no longer work.

Go ahead and shoot me, but I think Babcock would make a great GM.

I always thought that Stevie is doing his learning time in Tampa so he'll be ready when the time comes to return to Detroit, which I think is still pretty far down the road.

Babs as GM, that's an interesting thought. In that case, it'd be fun to see Yzerman as head coach, I mean, he basically coached the team before, the way he inspired and fired everyone up. It could definitely work.

I always thought that Stevie is doing his learning time in Tampa so he'll be ready when the time comes to return to Detroit, which I think is still pretty far down the road.

Babs as GM, that's an interesting thought. In that case, it'd be fun to see Yzerman as head coach, I mean, he basically coached the team before, the way he inspired and fired everyone up. It could definitely work.

That would be a pretty cool scenario. Babcock actually would probably make a good GM. He knows better than anyone what the Wings are lacking. Stevie would also probably make a pretty damn good coach. I like the idea.

Guest Hatethedrake!

I believe the right choice for head coach of the Red Wings is...Robert Lang.

I agree, it's not that I'm against Yzerman as GM but I think he needs to show that he's actually a good GM before we start talking about bringing him in after Holland. So far he hasn't shown anything, but I acknowledge that it's still early in his career. If Tampa hasn't done anything in three or four years, then I'd rather not have him GM here. Especially when we've still got Jim Nill, who's done a hell of a job as assistant GM.