• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
cusimano_brothers

Mattias Ohlund could be forced to retire

Rate this topic

Guest Hatethedrake!

So now this opens up a spot for Quincey. Kenny likes dealing with Stevie Y so this may be possible. Nick comes back. Suter is signed. Quincey is traded to Tampa.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Not sure what TB's cap space is...Why would they want Quincey when they could throw their hat into the Suter sweepstakes?

Why would Suter want to go to Tampa? Where is their #1 goalie? Stamkos, Lecavalier and St. Louis combine for almost 30 mil a season. Malone aint cheap. They have Hedman who will cash in big time in a few years. Tampa makes no sense for Suter. At Least Quincey is young and affordable and gives them some help right now. Plus it's much more realistic.

Making an offer for Suter is not really being in the sweepstakes. Like Carolina's GM, Jimmy Rutherford, has said he will be aggressive on July 1st. But why would either Parise or Suter want to sign with them? In that market where no one cares about hockey. A team which didn't even make the playoffs. Suter will get alot of offers but I am guessing he has a definite short list on teams he wants to sign with. I believe Detroit meets most if not all his criteria.

Quincey is just entering his prime years and so his value will be high enough to get something decent in return. We all saw how much Kenny gave Ericsson. Teams pay big prices for dman under the age of 30 via UFA or trade. Heck, Stevie had to give up a decent player in Steve Downie just to acquire Quincey from Colorado.

I agree that both Suter/Parise has a short list of teams that they'd prefer to spend the rest of their careers on, but ya never know what teams those are, or if they might consider a team outside of that list (if a GM like Yzerman is aggressive, and adds a decent goalie at the draft via a trade - Suter might find it more attractive).

Concerning Quincey; why would a rival GM make the same mistake, and trade for Quincey whom in many fans/media minds was "so - so" upon his return to Detroit?..I'm thinking Holland will ink a 2 to 3 year deal with Quincey - unless of course he can find a willing taker as part of a trade.

I'm all for Suter/Parise to joining the Red Wings this summer - just that it's unlikely to get both, or even 1 of them for that matter when ya consider the decline we've seen these past few seasons, and the upswing of other teams that may be appealing to join.

Quincey could be valuable in a package deal, but I don't see a team trading straight-up for him. Unless of course Yzerman trades for him in exchange for a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick.