• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rhah

Bettman wants to tout the "Original 12" now, haha

Rate this topic

cant wait till his contract is up and this guy will be shown the boot. He is an absolute atrocious person and maybe the worst commissioner in all sports.

Won't happen, and its debatable where he stands in comparison to other commissioners. He brings in an immense profit to the league and has promoted the sport in a frugal yet effective way during his tenure. The guys who decide whether he keeps his job or not have their wallets stuffed, so he's not going anywhere.

Won't happen, and its debatable where he stands in comparison to other commissioners. He brings in an immense profit to the league and has promoted the sport in a frugal yet effective way during his tenure. The guys who decide whether he keeps his job or not have their wallets stuffed, so he's not going anywhere.

Well don't forget he gets paid too and not a small amount of money 7.500.000 per year is a lot, so he *does* cost owners money. I would be happier if there were no commissioner at all. Are there any sources if the majority of the owners like or hates him?

Well don't forget he gets paid too and not a small amount of money 7.500.000 per year is a lot, so he *does* cost owners money. I would be happier if there were no commissioner at all. Are there any sources if the majority of the owners like or hates him?

make an educated guess? :) just to help you, average NHL GM's view of recent years:

how-to-make-money-fast11.jpg

cant wait till his contract is up and this guy will be shown the boot. He is an absolute atrocious person and maybe the worst commissioner in all sports.

He got the owners their salary cap. He's not going anywhere unless he wants to or if he royally, and I mean ROYALLY, screws something up... Like having his sex tape with Sidney Crosby leaked to the public.

Just wait till he gets elected to the HOF - probly sometime after his 3rd lockout........ :ph34r:

I've often thought that the "Original 6" should be changed to the "Surviving 6". Calling it "Original" pays no credence to the teams and inter-league play that happened before 1926. The Maroons, The St.Pats, The Millionaires, The Metropolitans, The Senators, The AAA. Some of the greatest sweaters ever in the pre-NHL years. The powers that be, make it seem like nothing existed before 1926. That just seems so wrong. Maybe Gary should tske a quick history lesson.

I always felt there was to much hype for Original 6 matchups but is is cool to see wings vs canadians and Leafs. I think the second group of teams deserve some respect. But Im not sure original 12 is what it should be called the second wave of teams is not original.

I've often thought that the "Original 6" should be changed to the "Surviving 6". Calling it "Original" pays no credence to the teams and inter-league play that happened before 1926. The Maroons, The St.Pats, The Millionaires, The Metropolitans, The Senators, The AAA. Some of the greatest sweaters ever in the pre-NHL years. The powers that be, make it seem like nothing existed before 1926. That just seems so wrong. Maybe Gary should tske a quick history lesson.

The "Original Six" term came about in 1967, with the O6 and the "Expansion Six". I agree, it is a bit of a misnomer, it leaves out some of the franchises of the NHL's early years. But its purpose was to differentiate the teams in '67.

I think we're all just bored because the Wings have been eliminated and Bettman is a little weasel so he's an easy target.

He's basically just trying to say something about the Blues and their franchise in regards to their sale. Especially since they sold for well less than their estimated value, and $20 million less than what they were purchased for in 2006.

After two years the sale of the team is finally over with, and the Blues have a good team that's finally in a position to make money. In the words of The Replacements, Gary's got a boner.

Imagine my disappointment when I opened the link expecting to see Gary Bettman going on and on and on about the historic significance of the "Original 12". I was fully prepared to scream bloody murder because the OP had led me to believe that Bettman was TOUTING the "Original 12" as opposed to just explaining that St. Louis was indeed one of the original twelve teams and then returning to the topic at hand, the Blues new ownership. When it comes to Bettman's shenanigans it's always best to be prepared, so while I can't scream bloody murder as planned, I'm always ready (as is the OP) to cry wolf over any of Gary's various infractions and disgraces. So I'm putting it on notice, if Gary Bettman doesn't right this wrong immediately, I'm going to start a jihad against him. And the only way he can fix this eggregious folly is to begin TOUTING a new concept: the "Unoriginal 24". The resulting t-shirts and commercials touting this concept will truly put the rest of those pansy assed teams in their place for good!

Pssht. The next thing you know, he'll be saying Ringo was one of the Original Beatles.

It's not so much that it's insulting (which it is) but that in saying it, he looks like a complete idiot who knows nothing about the history of the sport (which he is).

Now that I think of it... I guess this isn't anything we didn't already know.

Perhaps we could call them the "O6:TNG".

Forgive me. Que?

The owners and player love him. Any smart hockey fan knows he's good for the game.

Atrocious person? Really? Come on now.

good for the game or good for the business?

many people (myself included) would suggest that good for business is good for the game. I don't feel like defending that position again since we just had this debate last week. But if it's helpful, go back and look at the "Bettman is the worst thing to happen ever" blah blah blah and you'll be able to see our argument there.

good for the game or good for the business?

good for business. The primary reason Bettman was brought in was to implement a cap. It took two work stoppages under his reign but he did it.

But I wouldn't say he's good for the game. Aside from locking the players out twice during his tenure and losing a season and a half of hockey, he also denied for years that clutching and grabbing was out of hand during the dead puck era. It wasn't until the lockout and the competition committee's involvement that they made adjustments to the game to allow skill players to play without getting mugged.