redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:29 PM

Don't get your panties in a wad :lol: "Original 12 buddies"

Hi.

Hows the golf course and no cups?
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#22 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,014 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:25 PM

Don't get your panties in a wad :lol: "Original 12 buddies"

Posted Image
hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#23 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,332 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:38 PM

I'm partial to the original 30, myself.

Posted Image

#24 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:56 PM

Hi.

Hows the golf course and no cups?

If this is the same d-bag person that goes by bluenotekid on the espn threads then don't waste your breath on him. He posts like a 10 year old but per some people on there he is an older man.....so not worth it.
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#25 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:43 PM

cant wait till his contract is up and this guy will be shown the boot. He is an absolute atrocious person and maybe the worst commissioner in all sports.

lidsretire2.jpg

Thank you so much perfect human being #5

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

Phase I: injury rattled roster Phase II: BABCOCK Phase III: Playoffs XXIII !

#26 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,707 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:50 PM

cant wait till his contract is up and this guy will be shown the boot. He is an absolute atrocious person and maybe the worst commissioner in all sports.

Won't happen, and its debatable where he stands in comparison to other commissioners. He brings in an immense profit to the league and has promoted the sport in a frugal yet effective way during his tenure. The guys who decide whether he keeps his job or not have their wallets stuffed, so he's not going anywhere.

#27 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:58 PM

Won't happen, and its debatable where he stands in comparison to other commissioners. He brings in an immense profit to the league and has promoted the sport in a frugal yet effective way during his tenure. The guys who decide whether he keeps his job or not have their wallets stuffed, so he's not going anywhere.

Well don't forget he gets paid too and not a small amount of money 7.500.000 per year is a lot, so he *does* cost owners money. I would be happier if there were no commissioner at all. Are there any sources if the majority of the owners like or hates him?

lidsretire2.jpg

Thank you so much perfect human being #5

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

Phase I: injury rattled roster Phase II: BABCOCK Phase III: Playoffs XXIII !

#28 akustyk

akustyk

how painful is painful?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 04:15 PM

Well don't forget he gets paid too and not a small amount of money 7.500.000 per year is a lot, so he *does* cost owners money. I would be happier if there were no commissioner at all. Are there any sources if the majority of the owners like or hates him?

make an educated guess? :) just to help you, average NHL GM's view of recent years:

Posted Image

#29 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:21 PM

He got the owners their salary cap. He's not going anywhere unless he wants to or if he royally, and I mean ROYALLY, screws something up... Like having his sex tape with Sidney Crosby leaked to the public.

Money on the Board 2014: $5 per series, $5 per sweep, $5 per Kronwalling, $10 per Marchand Kronwalling, $1 per Zetterberg game, $1 per 2013 Calder Cup roster player goal

#30 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:13 PM

Lmao I just choked on my chicken burger reading that slayer.

#31 Dabura

Dabura

Cake Eater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,152 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:35 PM

I'm partial to the original 30, myself.

You beat me to it.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#32 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,425 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:58 PM

His speechwriter should be very proud.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#33 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 02:57 AM

Just wait till he gets elected to the HOF - probly sometime after his 3rd lockout........ :ph34r:
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#34 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:46 AM

I've often thought that the "Original 6" should be changed to the "Surviving 6". Calling it "Original" pays no credence to the teams and inter-league play that happened before 1926. The Maroons, The St.Pats, The Millionaires, The Metropolitans, The Senators, The AAA. Some of the greatest sweaters ever in the pre-NHL years. The powers that be, make it seem like nothing existed before 1926. That just seems so wrong. Maybe Gary should tske a quick history lesson.

#35 Krayzie_Bone

Krayzie_Bone

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 09:23 AM

I always felt there was to much hype for Original 6 matchups but is is cool to see wings vs canadians and Leafs. I think the second group of teams deserve some respect. But Im not sure original 12 is what it should be called the second wave of teams is not original.

#36 joshy207

joshy207

Black Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 11:33 AM

I've often thought that the "Original 6" should be changed to the "Surviving 6". Calling it "Original" pays no credence to the teams and inter-league play that happened before 1926. The Maroons, The St.Pats, The Millionaires, The Metropolitans, The Senators, The AAA. Some of the greatest sweaters ever in the pre-NHL years. The powers that be, make it seem like nothing existed before 1926. That just seems so wrong. Maybe Gary should tske a quick history lesson.

The "Original Six" term came about in 1967, with the O6 and the "Expansion Six". I agree, it is a bit of a misnomer, it leaves out some of the franchises of the NHL's early years. But its purpose was to differentiate the teams in '67.

#37 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,571 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:42 PM

I think we're all just bored because the Wings have been eliminated and Bettman is a little weasel so he's an easy target.

He's basically just trying to say something about the Blues and their franchise in regards to their sale. Especially since they sold for well less than their estimated value, and $20 million less than what they were purchased for in 2006.

After two years the sale of the team is finally over with, and the Blues have a good team that's finally in a position to make money. In the words of The Replacements, Gary's got a boner.

#38 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,784 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:13 PM

Imagine my disappointment when I opened the link expecting to see Gary Bettman going on and on and on about the historic significance of the "Original 12". I was fully prepared to scream bloody murder because the OP had led me to believe that Bettman was TOUTING the "Original 12" as opposed to just explaining that St. Louis was indeed one of the original twelve teams and then returning to the topic at hand, the Blues new ownership. When it comes to Bettman's shenanigans it's always best to be prepared, so while I can't scream bloody murder as planned, I'm always ready (as is the OP) to cry wolf over any of Gary's various infractions and disgraces. So I'm putting it on notice, if Gary Bettman doesn't right this wrong immediately, I'm going to start a jihad against him. And the only way he can fix this eggregious folly is to begin TOUTING a new concept: the "Unoriginal 24". The resulting t-shirts and commercials touting this concept will truly put the rest of those pansy assed teams in their place for good!

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#39 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,425 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:20 PM

Uncle Gary should come up with a name for the ten (give or take) teams that don't draw flies.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#40 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:23 PM

Posted Image