• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FunkedUp

Report: Jagr to test free agent market

Rate this topic

Jaromir Jagr was given several chances to say he wanted to return to the Flyers. He did not bite. It appears he will test the FA market.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/Updates-on-Pronger-Jagr-Bryz-et-al.html#ixzz1uUrpGhCo

“I want to play NHL. I want to play somewhere when I know the team’s going to want to me to,” Jagr said. “Hopefully we’re going to find some team where I can play. I still love the game. I think I’m going to be better than I was this year...It’s very tough for me to talk right now,” he said. “I said my feeling after the game, how I feel about the whole city, the whole organization. I still believe if I get ready, and I want to get ready, I don’t want to just come back just to sit here. I want to be better than I was this year. I truly believe I can do it if I practice the right way to get ready.”

http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-philadelphia-flyers/flyers-talk/Jagr-wont-say-if-hell-re-sign-with-Flyer?blockID=705650&feedID=704

Jagr made 3.3 million last season and is likely to take a reduced salary. Thoughts?

I'll take em for a year at 2.25 mil max. Before people start saying hes not worth that, he did put up a respectable amount of production this year with the Flyers and was out for a few games with injury. I'll take 55-60 points for 2 mil anyday.

Guest Hatethedrake!

If Kenny can sign Parise, there is simply no room for Jagr in the line-up...

Parise-Datsyuk-Nyquist

Filppula-Zetterberg-Franzen

Cleary-Helm-Bertuzzi

Moen-Abdelkader-Eaves

Miller, Mursak

I don't know about that. He took 3.3 million because no one knew how he would translate to the NHL after so many years in the KHL. Now that he had a hell of a season, I bet someone pays even more for him.

What's just insane to me is that not even that long ago he said how much he absolutely adored Philly and would never regret coming to them. He stated on his blog that the ice time he was receiving was absolutely nothing to him and he didn't mind. Now? Now, he's pissed and wants to find an organization that will feed him the minutes he wants. Okay man... you're about bat s*** crazy Jagr. So hypocritical. "I mean, I don't get the big deal about Sidney Crosby" continues to talk about Crosby for the next 20 pages. Dude's a hot mess.

Can we get Fedorov too?

We'll see, I wouldn't be opposed to it, he slowed down considerably towards the end of the season/playoffs, but that's to be expects after 3 years in the KHL playoff 60ish games.

Still a good offensive player, I'd be hesitant though mainly because I think we need more speed up front, but if Holland thinks Jagr can score 20 goals and will sign for one year I don't see the harm.

I would be ok with it, just to see his iconic #68 in a Red Wings uniform. If it's a good price and he has a worse season, whatever is a one year deal and we have depth, but there is more upside than downside. He thinks he can be even better? Great!

He only had 54 points in the regular season and 1 goal in the playoffs...

...we have a 56 point scorer in the regular season and 1 goal in the playoffs and I can't believe I am going to say this, but I'd just rather keep Franzen... :puke: argh, sorry that snuck up me! Let me get a napkin...

...ok, Franzen is cheaper, younger and well, already here so unlike Jagr, he wouldn't bump someone off the roster...

Parise - Dats - Nyquist

Franzen - Zett - Filp

Bertuzzi - Helm - Cleary

Miller - Abby - Eaves

Emmerton (Mursak)or Moen if Eaves isn't healthy enough yet...

Trade or waive Emmy and Merz if Moen is signed and Eaves remains healthy...

No thanks Jagr, not even for $1M...I'd rather have Moen, he is more of the type of player we need to change the way teams approach playing us...

edit: And if Holland cannot sign Parise, instead of just going to washed up 40 yr olds, he should seriously see what it would take to get Nash here. Wings need a Parise or Nash, not a Jagr...

Edited by LeftWinger

It would be fun if we landed him, along with Selanne. I can't help it, I just love these old guys. :rolleyes:

It worked out with Chelios, Hull, Robitaille, Bertuzzi, Modan...oh wait.

Edited by Sycsa