• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

#8 Los Angeles Kings vs. #3 Phoenix Coyotes

Rate this topic

I love how the commentators are discussing how no 6th, 7th, or 8th seeded team has won the Stanley cup. So that would leave the Devils and the Kings out of it.

They are also discussing how no team that has been pushed to two game 7s have never went on to win the Stanley cup. So that would put the Rangers out of it.

I guess they should just bring out the Stanley Cup for Phoenix this year. :D

In all seriousness, the Kings are playing on a whole other level right now. Phoenix isn't providing them with much of a challenge. The Cup final is going to be great!

I love how the commentators are discussing how no 6th, 7th, or 8th seeded team has won the Stanley cup. So that would leave the Devils and the Kings out of it.

They are also discussing how no team that has been pushed to two game 7s have never went on to win the Stanley cup. So that would put the Rangers out of it.

I guess they should just bring out the Stanley Cup for Phoenix this year. :D

In all seriousness, the Kings are playing on a whole other level right now. Phoenix isn't providing them with much of a challenge. The Cup final is going to be great!

Boston went 7 games with Montreal and Tampa Bay last year.

I didn't catch it, what did Morris do?

NBC basically ignored it in their broadcast. It's about 9 seconds in.

To me this is so much worse than what Doan did. The league doesn't really crack down on kneeing relative to other hits. It's going to take someone's career getting ended again before they step up punishment for dirty plays like this one.

Hanzal suspended 1 game.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=631886

Honestly I think that's probably the right length, but I strongly disagree with how heavily the league weighs injury into length of punishment. If Brown turns his head a certain way or just by bad luck gets a severe concussion, that doesn't change the act of the hit. Only the result.

If you want to protect players you have to try to eliminate dangerous acts before they happen. Not just punish them severely after a guy gets seriously hurt.

Like I said, this time I think the length is ok, but their thinking on weighing injury so heavily in the decision is deeply flawed.

Hanzal suspended 1 game.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=631886

Honestly I think that's probably the right length, but I strongly disagree with how heavily the league weighs injury into length of punishment. If Brown turns his head a certain way or just by bad luck gets a severe concussion, that doesn't change the act of the hit. Only the result.

If you want to protect players you have to try to eliminate dangerous acts before they happen. Not just punish them severely after a guy gets seriously hurt.

Like I said, this time I think the length is ok, but their thinking on weighing injury so heavily in the decision is deeply flawed.

The justice system works the same way.

I'm not sure about the ins and outs of the rules for it being a suspension, but no matter what the rulebook said, Smith would've had to chop Brown's leg off before the league would have the balls to suspend a starting goaltender. Especially since he's a huge part in their playoff success and plays for a team owned by the league.

agreed, I think it causes more problems than it solves. You end up giving guys suspension largely based on injuries and not necessarily based on the act. Look at the Torres thing, he got 25 games for a bad hit because of the injury, no injury and there's no way he gets that. Unless the league believes every high hit is worth 25 now. Will the next hit leading to a mild concussion get 25? In essence it inverts the whole point of leveling a suspension because minor infractions with injuries will become a worse violation than a major infraction with no injury...it's dumb.

agreed, I think it causes more problems than it solves. You end up giving guys suspension largely based on injuries and not necessarily based on the act. Look at the Torres thing, he got 25 games for a bad hit because of the injury, no injury and there's no way he gets that. Unless the league believes every high hit is worth 25 now. Will the next hit leading to a mild concussion get 25? In essence it inverts the whole point of leveling a suspension because minor infractions with injuries will become a worse violation than a major infraction with no injury...it's dumb.

Agreed. Look at the weber incident. Shanahan said he called and asked if z was hurt, then made his decision. Thats bulls***. If you break the speed limit you should still be punished even if u didnt hurt someone.

Also, if injury is considered when leveling a suspension will injury also be considered when calling penalties? Same logic seems to be at play. We're already seeing an increase in diving as it is, I'd hate to think that in some cases it would be beneficial for guys, teams, organizations, to play up injuries, or hold players out for an extra period or game or whatever in hopes of affecting suspension length in the same way the seem to be playing up on ice injuries to influence penalty calling.

YAYYY DOUCHEY LA FANS! Lets boo the goalie when his skate blade comes lose!

You don't see crap like that in Detroit. Maybe they should stick to basketball out there lol