• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

#8 Los Angeles Kings vs. #3 Phoenix Coyotes

Rate this topic

huge dive by brown

If you're talking about the embellishment on the crosscheck, honestly that's the kind of Maltby stuff I can live with. Or at least don't hate as much as his flat out dives.

He threw a clean hard hit on Ekman-Larsson, who wasn't happy about it so he crosschecks Brown. Brown went down awful easy for sure. But don't be such a wuss about getting hit and it's not a problem.

I love Doan complaining about his penalty. He's bodyslammed three different players this series. Apparently he doesn't like it when he's on the other end of a take down. I'd probably like Doan if he were on the Wings in the same way I'd take Pronger. But man is Doan a dirty player.

YAYYY DOUCHEY LA FANS! Lets boo the goalie when his skate blade comes lose!

You don't see crap like that in Detroit. Maybe they should stick to basketball out there lol

his skate blade came loose? I've only seen that happen once during a game when Kronwall's blade fell off.

Looked to me more like Smith was pretending to have an issue to give his team a rest and try and change momentum. It's not the first time he's done it.

Either way, fans in Detroit would be booing just as loud if they thought the goalie was faking something to delay the game.

To be honest, LA looked sloppy in the first period. They aren't playing as well at home, but I think that's because all their opponents are facing elimination or a 3-0 hole there so they really bring it. Staples center, where playoff teams go to die, it seems.

I'm cheering for the Kings to the end. Talk about making the necessary adjustments, from the coaching staff to their offense.

his skate blade came loose? I've only seen that happen once during a game when Kronwall's blade fell off.

Looked to me more like Smith was pretending to have an issue to give his team a rest and try and change momentum. It's not the first time he's done it.

Either way, fans in Detroit would be booing just as loud if they thought the goalie was faking something to delay the game.

Uh...Osgood and Hasek used to fake helmet problems all the time to delay the game.

EDIT: And I'm shocked they are having their way with Phoenix. I wonder if they'll win the Cup, or if they're just pulling an Edmonton, a magical run to the Finals only to be stopped by a more experienced team like the Rangers.

Edited by VM1138

Who is more terse in post-game interviews ... Torts or Sutter? Is Sutter putting an act when he gives post-games? He almost pretends to be stupid and naive. Is he like that in the locker room??

Edited by RedWingsRox

Uh...Osgood and Hasek used to fake helmet problems all the time to delay the game.

EDIT: And I'm shocked they are having their way with Phoenix. I wonder if they'll win the Cup, or if they're just pulling an Edmonton, a magical run to the Finals only to be stopped by a more experienced team like the Rangers.

A ton of goalies have. I was more defending the booing than anything else.

If a goalie had done that in Detroit, he'd get booed. Especially if that goalie had flopped his way through the playoffs and put a pretty good slash on their captain last game.

It wasn't a case of LA fans being idiots. It's that they're savvy enough hockey fans to know when a goalie is stalling.

LA underperformed this year, but I'm still shocked at how good they look too. It's crazy. All lines are performing. Based on just the youth of this team and previous playoffs, this season could already be considered a success. But they've looked so dominant that not making it the the Cup finals and at least making it a good series would feel like a disappointment.

One of the scary things is last night they put up a list of teams who steamrolled through the playoffs in the past like the Kings have. One of them was the Wings in '95. It's probably why in the back of my mind I'm still afraid the Kings will fall apart.

One of the scary things is last night they put up a list of teams who steamrolled through the playoffs in the past like the Kings have. One of them was the Wings in '95. It's probably why in the back of my mind I'm still afraid the Kings will fall apart.

If that is the case, LA better lose some games now before they win another and get into the finals and by chance, lose 4...

The Kings made some really bold moves towards the end of the season. They fired their head coach. Traded one of their top defensemen Jack Johnson to bring in Jeff Carter. Then called up two rookies from the minors to play alongside Mike Richards.

That's some pretty crazy moves to happen in the second half of the season, but they're sure paying off.

Great to see what the Kings are doing these playoffs and Dustin Brown has been a beast, but this diving stuff makes me sick. Hate watching the 'Nucks do it, hate watching the Sharks do it, and I hate watching Franzen do it, but there is nothing worse than a player like Brown who plays a good, big-body game and has to spoil it all by flopping like a carp.

Its shameful and he has been doing it for a long time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbIJLP_ML_o