• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

#8 Los Angeles Kings vs. #3 Phoenix Coyotes

Rate this topic

Yandle crying about the refs too. Saying "I know they (the refs) wear the same color as the Kings but they didn't have to play for them tonight."

(don't have a link but it was on NHL tonight).

I dislike Phoenix now that the series is over more than I did during the actual games.

Yandle crying about the refs too. Saying "I know they (the refs) wear the same color as the Kings but they didn't have to play for them tonight."

(don't have a link but it was on NHL tonight).

I dislike Phoenix now that the series is over more than I did during the actual games.

Yandle was giving it to the officials within seconds of Penner's goal.

Three things...

One, I am really surprised at Doan giving Smith an earful in the handshake line. Now is not the time to berate your Goalie...pretty classless. Your team made it much farther in the playoffs than it had any right to. Be glad and stfu.

Did you mean Doan giving Brown an earful? I didn't see Doan giving Smith an earful.

On another note, that Mike Smith is a volcano, he better learn to keep his temper under control but then look he has as a role model of a captain.

See, this is crap. The refs were not the reason you were down 3-0 in the series and getting thoroughly beat down. The Kings owned them in this series and the 4-1 series result shows that. In my 27 years of watching hockey, I don't think I can ever remember a playoffs season where the players and coaches complain so damn much about the refs. Every series, every team, after every game. Its like they believe they're the best and if they lose, then its someone else's fault and they were screwed out of what rightfully belonged to them. Its disgusting. I don't recall Gretzky, Lemieux, Yzerman, Messier, Sakic, etc, complaining about the officiating when they lost a playoff series and those guys are infinitely more talented and more deserving of championships than the players whining today.

Edited by xtrememachine1

I am not a fan of Doan and I am happy the Kings won but Doan wasn't be classless. His teammate just got injured right before they lost the game and it was a questionable hit. He's pissed and has every reason to be. If that was the Wings I'd hope they'd speak up to whoever did that to their teammate as well.

Too bad the Wings didn't have Doan when Weber put Zetterberg's face in the glass. At least one Wing would have had an issue with it.

Edited by Valas19

Haha, mad props to the LA guy for going ape s*** when his team won. I love the guy to his right staring up (2nd pic) thinking, I wonder what that feels like. Sad clown was an unexpected bonus.

Edited by rrasco

Smith also threw his stick in the direction of the refs after letting in the series winning goal.

Not like an overhand throw or anything, but still a bitchy little toss right towards the refs.

You can see it around the 2:53 mark.

http://watch.tsn.ca/nhl/clip684457#clip684457

Like I said, I hate the Coyotes more now that the series is over than I did during.

i didnt think the brown hit was that bad. the one angle i saw his leg was completely under his body, not like he stuck it out or nothing.

boo on doan for crying about it.

The officiating was pretty awful in the OT.

Voynov chips the puck over the glass but there's no penalty.

Doughty gets called for interference when it shouldn't have been.

Doughty gets called for offside when the puck was clearly onside.

The Brown play could go either way, so I'm not blaming the refs for not calling that one. But they were terrible during the period. There should be some accountability for them.

Edited by GMRwings1983

The Brown play could go either way, so I'm not blaming the refs for not calling that one. But they were terrible during the period. There should be some accountability for them.

Ha. You think there is ANY chance the league says anything negative about it's officials? The closest they came is that one goal earlier this year where they came out the next day and said that it shouldn't have counted since a player slid into Jimmy preventing him from making a save. I don't remember which team or player it was though.

Ha. You think there is ANY chance the league says anything negative about it's officials? The closest they came is that one goal earlier this year where they came out the next day and said that it shouldn't have counted since a player slid into Jimmy preventing him from making a save. I don't remember which team or player it was though.

The league won't say anything publicly, but those refs should be prevented from officiating anymore playoff games this season.

They were terrible all game.

The delay of game on Doughty in the 1st was a joke, and there were three pretty obvious penalties agains the Coyotes that they didn't call in the 2nd period. Phoenix scored the tying goal when they should've been on the PK.

They overcalled in the first, then swallowed their whistles for most of the rest of the game. Just a poorly officiated game overall. and these are supposed to be the good refs.

I know everyone blames the refs, but when you get down to the conference finals and it's still this bad, that says something. The NHL is really hurting from a lack of experienced refs that know how to manage a game. McCreary was the last one who could really do that well.

I feel like the last couple seasons I've noticed the linesmen a lot more, in a bad way. blown offsides calls, waving off icings that shouldnt be. Players not being able to tell if a play is an icing or not. Honestly on the Voynov play it looked like it could've been a delay of game, but more than that I was confused as to why it wasn't an icing. I half wonder if the reason they didn't call a penalty was because of a botched icing call, because Voynov sure seemed to think it was going to be.

I zonked out at the beginning of the 3rd period (I typically wake up around 4:00/4:15 am so I needed to get to bed - was around 10:00ish my time at the time), had no clue how this all transpired until a few hours ago, I figured just another sudden death OT goal, must've been exciting stuff that I missed.

Anyways, pretty shocked that there is no hearing for Brown on this. Was it intent to injure? No. Was it knee-on-knee? No. Was it a hard/awkward play? Without question. I honestly think it was more of a bad hit elbow-wise than the knee, I would've debated on giving him a game or two suspension on the elbow hit.

As for the Coyotes losing it in the heat of the moment, can ya really blame them? For those that are saying Doan and Smith are crybabies or hypocrites (and we are certainly familiar with Doan the past few seasons), how would you have liked to be in their position right at that moment, to lose that way? And sure, they might have/probably would have ended up losing the series anyway given the deficit they were in. I get that 100%. But still, in that moment, to lose a game and be eliminated in that fashion, how would you feel on the losing end?

I don't blame Doan or Smith or Hanzal going apes**t whatsoever on the refs and being pissed off. Did the refs lose them the game in the grand scheme of things? No, but they screwed that hit up by not giving some kind of penalty - elbowing, kneeing, roughing, whatever. And it was a big miss/part of the game in the end. You be the judge on what should have been called/how long, or if anything at all.

To compare/contrast in a different sport where a ref made a bonehead call - I went to state basketball playoff game a few years ago for the high school I went to, a road game at that. We scored with about 20 seconds left in the game to take a 1-point or 1-basket lead (I don't remember the exact final score but I think we won by no more than 3 points). Next possession, the point guard for the other team gets called for carrying/palming the ball. While I was glad my school then eventually won the game, it was a chicken-s**t way to lose. If he "carried" the ball, everybody else did that game (and it wasn't even close to being called once that game) and that happens every game. I myself was astonished that such a call was made cause no sane person would've called it.

Needless to say, parents/students/fans of the other school were going beserk at the refs and threatening them after the game as I went back to my car. The coaches and some players right after the final buzzer went nuts as well. While I don't condone that stuff, I don't blame them whatseover for being pissed off in the heat of the moment. I would have been ticked as well if I was on the short end of it.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

If anyone missed JR and Milbury arguing about the Brown hit, here it is:

What's funny is Milbury seems most upset about it being after the whistle. But if he had watched the clip again it's clearly almost simultaneous with the whistle. I think the only real debate is if it was worthy of a kneeing penalty or not.

What's funny is Milbury seems most upset about it being after the whistle. But if he had watched the clip again it's clearly almost simultaneous with the whistle. I think the only real debate is if it was worthy of a kneeing penalty or not.

I think Milbury is bipolar.

He seems to like fighting and tough play but then at other times he seems to hate it. He promotes hitting, but then he's against this split second borderline play.

This is a guy that once attacked a fan with a shoe.