• Please log in to reply
222 replies to this topic

#81 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,631 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:05 AM

I love how the commentators are discussing how no 6th, 7th, or 8th seeded team has won the Stanley cup. So that would leave the Devils and the Kings out of it.
They are also discussing how no team that has been pushed to two game 7s have never went on to win the Stanley cup. So that would put the Rangers out of it.

I guess they should just bring out the Stanley Cup for Phoenix this year. :D

In all seriousness, the Kings are playing on a whole other level right now. Phoenix isn't providing them with much of a challenge. The Cup final is going to be great!
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#82 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:11 AM

I love how the commentators are discussing how no 6th, 7th, or 8th seeded team has won the Stanley cup. So that would leave the Devils and the Kings out of it.
They are also discussing how no team that has been pushed to two game 7s have never went on to win the Stanley cup. So that would put the Rangers out of it.

I guess they should just bring out the Stanley Cup for Phoenix this year. :D

In all seriousness, the Kings are playing on a whole other level right now. Phoenix isn't providing them with much of a challenge. The Cup final is going to be great!

Boston went 7 games with Montreal and Tampa Bay last year.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling, $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, Glendening, Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: Glendening.  MOTB TOTAL: $0

#83 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:09 PM

No suspension for Morris and Doan ... still awaiting Hanzal. Token 'Weber treatment' at $2500 or one game?

Edited by RedWingsRox, 16 May 2012 - 04:09 PM.

#84 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:46 PM

I didn't catch it, what did Morris do?

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling, $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, Glendening, Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: Glendening.  MOTB TOTAL: $0

#85 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,547 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:22 PM

I didn't catch it, what did Morris do?

NBC basically ignored it in their broadcast. It's about 9 seconds in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCT5CMhcGL8

To me this is so much worse than what Doan did. The league doesn't really crack down on kneeing relative to other hits. It's going to take someone's career getting ended again before they step up punishment for dirty plays like this one.

#86 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,547 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:37 PM

Hanzal suspended 1 game.

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=631886

Honestly I think that's probably the right length, but I strongly disagree with how heavily the league weighs injury into length of punishment. If Brown turns his head a certain way or just by bad luck gets a severe concussion, that doesn't change the act of the hit. Only the result.

If you want to protect players you have to try to eliminate dangerous acts before they happen. Not just punish them severely after a guy gets seriously hurt.

Like I said, this time I think the length is ok, but their thinking on weighing injury so heavily in the decision is deeply flawed.

#87 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,404 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:48 PM

Who on earth would want to buy a losing team?

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#88 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 18,797 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:31 PM

Even though I predicted them to win each series, it's unreal how good the Kings have been so far. 1 loss in the playoffs in the 3rd round? Holy that is something else.

#NOMOREKINDL

#89 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:47 AM

I suppose the finals might be like the 2010 finals in terms of seeds.

#90 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,631 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:19 AM

Boston went 7 games with Montreal and Tampa Bay last year.

And Vancouver.....

I should stop listening to the pundits.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#91 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,404 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:27 PM

On TSN.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#92 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,332 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:06 PM

Hanzal suspended 1 game.

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=631886

Honestly I think that's probably the right length, but I strongly disagree with how heavily the league weighs injury into length of punishment. If Brown turns his head a certain way or just by bad luck gets a severe concussion, that doesn't change the act of the hit. Only the result.

If you want to protect players you have to try to eliminate dangerous acts before they happen. Not just punish them severely after a guy gets seriously hurt.

Like I said, this time I think the length is ok, but their thinking on weighing injury so heavily in the decision is deeply flawed.

The justice system works the same way.

Posted Image

#93 ami

ami

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:42 PM

why is smith's slash is not suspendable?

#94 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,719 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:40 PM

I'm not sure about the ins and outs of the rules for it being a suspension, but no matter what the rulebook said, Smith would've had to chop Brown's leg off before the league would have the balls to suspend a starting goaltender. Especially since he's a huge part in their playoff success and plays for a team owned by the league.

agreed, I think it causes more problems than it solves. You end up giving guys suspension largely based on injuries and not necessarily based on the act. Look at the Torres thing, he got 25 games for a bad hit because of the injury, no injury and there's no way he gets that. Unless the league believes every high hit is worth 25 now. Will the next hit leading to a mild concussion get 25? In essence it inverts the whole point of leveling a suspension because minor infractions with injuries will become a worse violation than a major infraction with no injury...it's dumb.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#95 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,356 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:50 PM

agreed, I think it causes more problems than it solves. You end up giving guys suspension largely based on injuries and not necessarily based on the act. Look at the Torres thing, he got 25 games for a bad hit because of the injury, no injury and there's no way he gets that. Unless the league believes every high hit is worth 25 now. Will the next hit leading to a mild concussion get 25? In essence it inverts the whole point of leveling a suspension because minor infractions with injuries will become a worse violation than a major infraction with no injury...it's dumb.

Agreed. Look at the weber incident. Shanahan said he called and asked if z was hurt, then made his decision. Thats bulls***. If you break the speed limit you should still be punished even if u didnt hurt someone.

#96 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,719 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:56 PM

Also, if injury is considered when leveling a suspension will injury also be considered when calling penalties? Same logic seems to be at play. We're already seeing an increase in diving as it is, I'd hate to think that in some cases it would be beneficial for guys, teams, organizations, to play up injuries, or hold players out for an extra period or game or whatever in hopes of affecting suspension length in the same way the seem to be playing up on ice injuries to influence penalty calling.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#97 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,400 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:18 PM

YAYYY DOUCHEY LA FANS! Lets boo the goalie when his skate blade comes lose!

You don't see crap like that in Detroit. Maybe they should stick to basketball out there lol
IPB Image

#98 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:22 PM

huge dive by brown
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#99 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:32 PM

The Kings are the best team I have seen in a long long time, out of nowhere.
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#100 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:01 PM

great press conference by tippet, f*** divers.
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter