• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 arag

arag

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 752 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 11:05 AM

Franzen taken to hospital after a cross check to the head.
Hope he is well.

http://www.iihf.com/...Hash=756e7d76ed

#2 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 11:07 AM

He'll most likely be back in the tournament soon. Here's another article from MLive.

Edited by Tim.D, 12 May 2012 - 11:08 AM.

#3 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,871 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 11:16 AM

sounded like a crazy game. crosscheck to the face? getting speared?

Franzen was clearly making some new Russian friends.

Here's a clip of the spear.

Some huge dives by the Russians that got Franzen riled.

I pray the NHL never turns into this much of a joke in terms of diving. It's creeping that way already.

#4 InKennyWeTrust

InKennyWeTrust

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 11:16 AM

That doesn't sound like fun at all.

#5 Cloune

Cloune

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 11:23 AM

#6 joshy207

joshy207

Black Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,437 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 11:39 AM

Nice to see Franzen's Corpse playing with some emotion, as if it's alive again...

#7 Sycsa

Sycsa

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 11:46 AM

The Mule played with real passion yesterday and he also shelved a nice one. Hoping for a speedy recovery!

Edited by Sycsa, 12 May 2012 - 11:47 AM.

#8 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,259 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:10 PM

Johan injured? Never....

Said he wanted more fun....
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#9 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:16 PM

Maybe he'll get his work ethic knocked back into him.

#10 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:30 PM

I think it's funny how when people dive around franzen, he goes into pummel mode. He did that a few times this year too.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#11 DyingAlive

DyingAlive

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 02:01 PM

In the video of Franzen getting hit in the face they flash to the Russian bench and you see Datsyuk yell something. I wonder if he was mad that his Russian teammates just cross checked his NHL teammate in the face, or that he was upset that that drew a penalty. :rolleyes:
Posted Image

#12 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:27 PM

Franzen's work ethic was never questioned while playing for Sweden. That is always the knock on European players, they play harder when it comes to International Play than in the NHL. It's always been said that the Europeans value International Championships higher than the Stanley Cup. When young Europeans are playing hockey, they dream of winning an Olympic gold, when young North American's are playing they dream of hoisting the Stanley Cup...that just the way it has always been. So of course Franzen is going to play harder and with more heart for Sweden...it's just how it goes...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

#13 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 09:17 PM

He must have gotten bored...
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#14 scotty7

scotty7

Draftee

• 13 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:43 AM

Typical Franzen. Notice the cross check he performs before the love tap (spear). I don't feel sorry for him as he brings it on himself. Players don't respect guys who start sh.. and won't back it up or feign injury. Then one wonders why he gets his nose crumbled like a cheap cookie? Good for Kalinin. Franzen is a joke.

#15 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:00 AM

Typical Franzen. Notice the cross check he performs before the love tap (spear). I don't feel sorry for him as he brings it on himself. Players don't respect guys who start sh.. and won't back it up or feign injury. Then one wonders why he gets his nose crumbled like a cheap cookie? Good for Kalinin. Franzen is a joke.

Someone has an axe to grind.

Posted Image

#16 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:55 AM

sounded like a crazy game. crosscheck to the face? getting speared?

Franzen was clearly making some new Russian friends.

Here's a clip of the spear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTmNIEE_eqI&feature=player_embedded

Some huge dives by the Russians that got Franzen riled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ayf76US9pF0&feature=player_embedded

I pray the NHL never turns into this much of a joke in terms of diving. It's creeping that way already.

Is that PP designed for Mule to just stand there? Also before he got his face smashed, dude didn't look like he was skating hard. All the other Swedes were skating and moving their legs... then you see Mule steadily make his way towards the crease.

#17 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:20 AM

Cross check to the face then a spear to the nuts. And some people are condoning those actions? SMH.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#18 Marxx71

Marxx71

Danny DeKeyser

• 42 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:42 PM

The Russians where at him all the game.

Fun to see him trying to beat Malkin.Posted Image

#19 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:53 PM

Posted Image

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#20 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,871 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:53 PM

Love tap?

There are spears that are really just a poke at a guy, but in the video you can clearly see a pretty hefty windup and jab. That's no love tap.

The crosscheck was more of just a scramble in the crease. The guy wasn't even looking at Franzen when he got him in the nose, so it's a stretch to imply it was somehow retaliation for Franzen not answering the bell or diving. And feigning injury was the rule in this game, not the exception.