• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy Pred 48

Would you?

Rate this topic

throw an offer sheet at the Sens Karlsson?

this kid is the real deal and could be Nic's heir apparent,how many 1st rounders would it cost us?

all this talk of Suter and Parise, Kennys or the Wings policy is not to do this

but we may have to do something like this to get a top D into the org.

Maybe the 2 Minny boys wanna play for there home state now and not entertain the

other offers they'll get. Which will leave us waiting another year and try for Weber or act outta the ball park.

question, would you have Sam Gagner over Hudler?

Gagner is a R/H shot and has posted 40+ pts the past 5 years.

his ppg is higher than Huds and he is 5 years younger. The

current contracts are similar, both may seek a rise?

getting help for Pav if Parise doesn't come. Get him some help from home,Nikolai Kulemin a good 2 way guy with some size and how about a cheeky offer for Alexander Radulov? The guy is a great player, but could he curb his antics off the ice? Maybe Pav could curtail this in him. failing that one of the unhearlded players at the WC is Swiss league top scorer Damien Brunner who is leading the Swiss in scoring at the WC and is also a R/H shot. the sp on him is; A slick offensive forward who can shoot as well as pass the puck. Has great wheels and hands. Plays a gritty game.

anyway Babs is over there watching GROUP HELSINKI so im sure he's scouting as well as watching the canadiens.

Guest Crymson

The Senators can and will simply take Karlsson to salary arbitration if he does not accept their qualifying offer. As such, he will not be eligible to receive an offer sheet.

Gagner scored 47 points last season, yes. 11 of those came in a two-game span, so let's just call it 36. Whatever the case, Gagner has not developed to the Oilers' expectations. He is inconsistent and frequently lazy. Furthermore, he is an RFA, and giving up picks for him (and he'd almost certainly cost at least $2.75m) would not be worth it. Too, the Oilers can simply take him to arbitration if they wish. On top of this, he doesn't score goals. He just had his best-ever goalscoring season in the NHL, and this was only 18 goals; and five of those game in a two-game span. And he's the same size as Hudler is.

Radulov is a douchebag. There's no other way of putting it. And he, as with the other two, is an RFA, which would necessitate giving up picks. No thanks on both counts. I'd be wary of having this guy on the team even were he a UFA.

Edited by Crymson

throw an offer sheet at the Sens Karlsson?

this kid is the real deal and could be Nic's heir apparent,how many 1st rounders would it cost us?

all this talk of Suter and Parise, Kennys or the Wings policy is not to do this

but we may have to do something like this to get a top D into the org.

Maybe the 2 Minny boys wanna play for there home state now and not entertain the

other offers they'll get. Which will leave us waiting another year and try for Weber or act outta the ball park.

question, would you have Sam Gagner over Hudler?

Gagner is a R/H shot and has posted 40+ pts the past 5 years.

his ppg is higher than Huds and he is 5 years younger. The

current contracts are similar, both may seek a rise?

getting help for Pav if Parise doesn't come. Get him some help from home,Nikolai Kulemin a good 2 way guy with some size and how about a cheeky offer for Alexander Radulov? The guy is a great player, but could he curb his antics off the ice? Maybe Pav could curtail this in him. failing that one of the unhearlded players at the WC is Swiss league top scorer Damien Brunner who is leading the Swiss in scoring at the WC and is also a R/H shot. the sp on him is; A slick offensive forward who can shoot as well as pass the puck. Has great wheels and hands. Plays a gritty game.

anyway Babs is over there watching GROUP HELSINKI so im sure he's scouting as well as watching the canadiens.

I am not sure where the misunderstanding came from, but Ryan Suter is from Madison, Wisconsin. He played two years in Ann Arbor, MI. for the US National Development Under 18 team and one yr for the Badgers before reporting to Nashville. He has never played youth hockey in Minnesota. And considering his time in Ann Arbor, and the lack of NHL in Wisconsin, signing in Detroit would be more of a homecoming than Minnesota.

Edit: Wow, negged? So, ok, Minnesota will be a homecoming then, even though he has never played there or lived there...I plan on having a homecoming in Hawaii next week. Jack ass...

Edited by LeftWinger

All this talk on Suter like he is a sure thing. Don't get your hopes too high. The preds might trade his rights before July. The first stage Detroit can't and won't take part in. Giving said team an advantage on signing Suter. Secondly Suter is going to demand (and get) a value of crazy numbers simply because the market is out of whack and teams are driving cost up on avg to below avg players simply out of desperation or to fill cap space. So when a guy like Suter comes he will get even higher coin. Long contract and front loaded. Holland won't go there because he may be a bit afraid (risk) and his philosophy won't allow him to mortgage the future on one player. Just saying.

Did you just call Erik Karlsson the real deal? He can throw up numbers as a defensemen, but he can't play defense worth a s***. Luckily, the sens gave him the oms domas and he's allowed to pinch and flow where he wants.

We can't put an offer sheet in for Karlsson anyway because we don't have our first round draft pick for this year. Besides I don't think Kenny would do that.

Free agency comes after the draft. It would be next year's first rounder.

Did you just call Erik Karlsson the real deal? He can throw up numbers as a defensemen, but he can't play defense worth a s***. Luckily, the sens gave him the oms domas and he's allowed to pinch and flow where he wants.

Yeah, because it's not like we need offense or anything.

By the way, he is capable at defense. Not great, but he isn't as bad as you assume. But gaudy offensive numbers mean poor defensive play amirite?

All this talk on Suter like he is a sure thing. Don't get your hopes too high. The preds might trade his rights before July. The first stage Detroit can't and won't take part in. Giving said team an advantage on signing Suter. Secondly Suter is going to demand (and get) a value of crazy numbers simply because the market is out of whack and teams are driving cost up on avg to below avg players simply out of desperation or to fill cap space. So when a guy like Suter comes he will get even higher coin. Long contract and front loaded. Holland won't go there because he may be a bit afraid (risk) and his philosophy won't allow him to mortgage the future on one player. Just saying.

Nobody is going to bite on trading assets away from a player who could just as easily sign back with the Predators once free agency starts.

Edited by Doc Holliday

Guest Hatethedrake!

All offer sheets do are...

1. Piss off other GM's

2. Negotiate a contract for the team which is trying to sign the player because they are almost alwats matched.

3. Make all hockey fans have to watch Brian Burke whine his ass off again to the media about how it is not fair for teams do be able to do this.

Given Poile and Holmgren's past trade history, I am expecting Suter's rights to be traded to the Flyers before July 1st. However this does not mean Suter will sign a contract with them. I still think Detroit has a good chance of signing Suter even if the Flyers or another team secures his rights. He is still a UFA on July 1st and is fair game for all teams.

Edited by Hatethedrake!

I am not sure where the misunderstanding came from, but Ryan Suter is from Madison, Wisconsin. He played two years in Ann Arbor, MI. for the US National Development Under 18 team and one yr for the Badgers before reporting to Nashville. He has never played youth hockey in Minnesota. And considering his time in Ann Arbor, and the lack of NHL in Wisconsin, signing in Detroit would be more of a homecoming than Minnesota.

True.. But Madison is a lot closer to Minnesota. And I think he was saying that Suter has a lot of connections to Minnesota not necessarily that he was born and raised there. I see his point; if Minny can sign Parise or Suter, they will use that signing to try and lure the other. The same could be said for any team with the cap room and the need for Parise and Suter, but Minnesota has the X factor of all the connections there.

True.. But Madison is a lot closer to Minnesota. And I think he was saying that Suter has a lot of connections to Minnesota not necessarily that he was born and raised there. I see his point; if Minny can sign Parise or Suter, they will use that signing to try and lure the other. The same could be said for any team with the cap room and the need for Parise and Suter, but Minnesota has the X factor of all the connections there.

What X Factor? What exactly are "a lot of connections to Minn" supposed to mean? He has never played there, here did not grow up there, he play TWO years in Michigan, so he actually has more connections in Michigan than Minnesota. Maybe you have an inside informant, please enlighten us of his connection to Minnesota...and no connection to Michigan.

Besides, Madison is just as close to Michigan as it is Minnesota geographically. Also the last I heard, his family lives in Nashville, so Detroit is closer to Nashville than Minniap. Geography doesn't matter, I was just pointing out that people are misinformed by saying he has connections to Minni. I was simply saying he actually played in Ann Arbor, so he has more of a connection to Michigan than Minnesota, which he has never lived nor played in...(besides against the Wild.)

Edited by LeftWinger

i second that.

Third. I thought it was just me so I didn't say anything. My best friend and I used to play "would you?" all the time growing up...ok maybe we still do but the questions just seem to get increasingly illegal/disgusting. Carry on...

What X Factor? What exactly are "a lot of connections to Minn" supposed to mean? He has never played there, here did not grow up there, he play TWO years in Michigan, so he actually has more connections in Michigan than Minnesota. Maybe you have an inside informant, please enlighten us of his connection to Minnesota...and no connection to Michigan.

Besides, Madison is just as close to Michigan as it is Minnesota geographically. Also the last I heard, his family lives in Nashville, so Detroit is closer to Nashville than Minniap. Geography doesn't matter, I was just pointing out that people are misinformed by saying he has connections to Minni. I was simply saying he actually played in Ann Arbor, so he has more of a connection to Michigan than Minnesota, which he has never lived nor played in...(besides against the Wild.)

I was referring to the Minnesota Wild, not the state. But he did play there a lot in college too because of all the college teams in Minnesota. He's certainly spent his fair share of time there. He also has connections to Dany Heatley and Tom Gilbert from Wisconsin and they play for the Wild. So I think if you want to talk connections, he has more connections to Minnesota than Detroit.

Guest Crymson

I was referring to the Minnesota Wild, not the state. But he did play there a lot in college too because of all the college teams in Minnesota. He's certainly spent his fair share of time there. He also has connections to Dany Heatley and Tom Gilbert from Wisconsin and they play for the Wild. So I think if you want to talk connections, he has more connections to Minnesota than Detroit.

Yes, and the immense degree to which connections to their home states are important to hockey players is why Ryan Kesler, David Booth, and David Legwand all decided to play for the Red Wings. Excellent.

You find the most absurd ways to justify pessimism. Many people here find silly reasons to sing the blues, but you're one of the worst I've seen.

I'm still kicking myself for taking Ian White over Karlsson off waivers at the beginning of my fantasy hockey season this year.

I pretty much agree with the first two replies to this thread, Crymson was dead on and Dabura is absolutely right, we'd benefit so much from a defensemen like Girardi on this team. He's the complete package in what you'd want out of a Defensemen even if he doesn't put up elite scoring numbers.

Take some notes doc. Happened last year with bryzgalov. For one.

No, how bout you take some notes, sir.

The Coyotes knew that Bryz wanted money above all else so they went with a cheaper option and traded him away for scraps.

The Predators don't know if Suter will sign with them because Suter is looking for a contender first and foremost (he turned down a lucrative contract offer this season) and if the Predators are going to take themselves out of a month of one on one negotiation with him they are going to ask for a lot more. I don't think even Suter is going to warrant a high asking price as a UFA.

Yes, and the immense degree to which connections to their home states are important to hockey players is why Ryan Kesler, David Booth, and David Legwand all decided to play for the Red Wings. Excellent.

You find the most absurd ways to justify pessimism. Many people here find silly reasons to sing the blues, but you're one of the worst I've seen.

I'm not trying to be pessimistic but since someone brought it up I commented on it. Should I not comment just because you don't like it and don't want to hear it? No, I think i'll be the one who decides what I post.

I think you've exhausted your point with illogical references, its just digging and beating the dead horse at this point. Let's keep on track here.

Getting Karlsson on this team would be close to impossible, considering the sudden success of the Sens due to his offensive explosion this season I don't see Ottawa letting him go anytime soon.

With that said, props to the OP for posting up something original here, it's still May and i'm already beginning to get bored with all the Parise and Suter talk. July can't come soon enough.

You are hilarious...Hey, Chris Chelios is great friends with Ryan's uncle Gary, so he has more connections to the Red Wings PLUS he played with Patrick Eaves in Ann Arbor, so there, na na na boo boo!