• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy Pred 48

Would you?

Rate this topic

I think you've exhausted your point with illogical references, its just digging and beating the dead horse at this point. Let's keep on track here.

Getting Karlsson on this team would be close to impossible, considering the sudden success of the Sens due to his offensive explosion this season I don't see Ottawa letting him go anytime soon.

With that said, props to the OP for posting up something original here, it's still May and i'm already beginning to get bored with all the Parise and Suter talk. July can't come soon enough.

...And if history dictates the present decisions that the Sens make, they will not want to lose anymore Dmen or sign the wrong ones. Let's go over the list shall we: Chara, Volchenkov...can't remember the others off the top of my head so lets throw in some forwards with untimely departures: Hossa, Havlat, Heatley, Daigle :hehe: just kidding around with this one. Point is, Lispy Murray has let a few good players go elsewhere and has s*** the bed since the start of the cup finals against the Ducks. Time to keep a couple good players around.

Doc. Your statement was it would never happen. Truth is IT COULD. Ill agree that Nashville might not do something to take themselves out of a month of potential talks. But Suter has turned down nash offers to this point and let's say he shows strong signs to leave (as some on these boards would assure us) then nash might trade to get something out of the deal. A pick or prospect. Doesn't matter. Just my opinion.

...And if history dictates the present decisions that the Sens make, they will not want to lose anymore Dmen or sign the wrong ones. Let's go over the list shall we: Chara, Volchenkov...can't remember the others off the top of my head so lets throw in some forwards with untimely departures: Hossa, Havlat, Heatley, Daigle :hehe: just kidding around with this one. Point is, Lispy Murray has let a few good players go elsewhere and has s*** the bed since the start of the cup finals against the Ducks. Time to keep a couple good players around.

Agreed completely, i'm honestly surprised that they have retained Spezza this long and it really paid off this past season. Losing Chara was one of their biggest mistakes imo, imagine if their top D pairing right now was Chara and Karlsson, they might still be hanging around in the playoffs.

Agreed completely, i'm honestly surprised that they have retained Spezza this long and it really paid off this past season. Losing Chara was one of their biggest mistakes imo, imagine if their top D pairing right now was Chara and Karlsson, they might still be hanging around in the playoffs.

:lol: they probably would. Either way we put it, the Sens aren't gonna not match any offer sheet thrown by Kevin Lowe for Karlsson and he'll be on the Sens next year and if i'm not mistaken, they have a s*** load of cap space and a lot of young talent. Alfredsson's contract is up too right? he won't be making 5-6 mil anymore either, so there's more space to sign Karlsson long term for lots of money. Hell, even Volchenkov would make a good pairing with him cause he's super responsible defensively and blocks more shots than the goalie. Our best hope for a bright future lies solely with Parise and Suter. If anything else, toss a few mil at Wideman July 1st and see if he wants to play 2nd PP with a nice right handed shot to offer.