• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,210 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:51 AM

I'm still kicking myself for taking Ian White over Karlsson off waivers at the beginning of my fantasy hockey season this year.

I pretty much agree with the first two replies to this thread, Crymson was dead on and Dabura is absolutely right, we'd benefit so much from a defensemen like Girardi on this team. He's the complete package in what you'd want out of a Defensemen even if he doesn't put up elite scoring numbers.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#22 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:56 AM

Take some notes doc. Happened last year with bryzgalov. For one.

No, how bout you take some notes, sir.

The Coyotes knew that Bryz wanted money above all else so they went with a cheaper option and traded him away for scraps.

The Predators don't know if Suter will sign with them because Suter is looking for a contender first and foremost (he turned down a lucrative contract offer this season) and if the Predators are going to take themselves out of a month of one on one negotiation with him they are going to ask for a lot more. I don't think even Suter is going to warrant a high asking price as a UFA.

Posted Image

#23 centcougar07

centcougar07

Rookie

• Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:04 AM

Yes, and the immense degree to which connections to their home states are important to hockey players is why Ryan Kesler, David Booth, and David Legwand all decided to play for the Red Wings. Excellent.

You find the most absurd ways to justify pessimism. Many people here find silly reasons to sing the blues, but you're one of the worst I've seen.

I'm not trying to be pessimistic but since someone brought it up I commented on it. Should I not comment just because you don't like it and don't want to hear it? No, I think i'll be the one who decides what I post.

#24 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,210 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:59 AM

I think you've exhausted your point with illogical references, its just digging and beating the dead horse at this point. Let's keep on track here.

Getting Karlsson on this team would be close to impossible, considering the sudden success of the Sens due to his offensive explosion this season I don't see Ottawa letting him go anytime soon.

With that said, props to the OP for posting up something original here, it's still May and i'm already beginning to get bored with all the Parise and Suter talk. July can't come soon enough.

#25 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,614 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:00 AM

I was referring to the Minnesota Wild, not the state. But he did play there a lot in college too because of all the college teams in Minnesota. He's certainly spent his fair share of time there. He also has connections to Dany Heatley and Tom Gilbert from Wisconsin and they play for the Wild. So I think if you want to talk connections, he has more connections to Minnesota than Detroit.

You are hilarious...Hey, Chris Chelios is great friends with Ryan's uncle Gary, so he has more connections to the Red Wings PLUS he played with Patrick Eaves in Ann Arbor, so there, na na na boo boo!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#26 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,198 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:45 AM

I think you've exhausted your point with illogical references, its just digging and beating the dead horse at this point. Let's keep on track here.

Getting Karlsson on this team would be close to impossible, considering the sudden success of the Sens due to his offensive explosion this season I don't see Ottawa letting him go anytime soon.

With that said, props to the OP for posting up something original here, it's still May and i'm already beginning to get bored with all the Parise and Suter talk. July can't come soon enough.

...And if history dictates the present decisions that the Sens make, they will not want to lose anymore Dmen or sign the wrong ones. Let's go over the list shall we: Chara, Volchenkov...can't remember the others off the top of my head so lets throw in some forwards with untimely departures: Hossa, Havlat, Heatley, Daigle :hehe: just kidding around with this one. Point is, Lispy Murray has let a few good players go elsewhere and has s*** the bed since the start of the cup finals against the Ducks. Time to keep a couple good players around.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#27 scotty7

scotty7

Draftee

• 13 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:53 PM

Doc. Your statement was it would never happen. Truth is IT COULD. Ill agree that Nashville might not do something to take themselves out of a month of potential talks. But Suter has turned down nash offers to this point and let's say he shows strong signs to leave (as some on these boards would assure us) then nash might trade to get something out of the deal. A pick or prospect. Doesn't matter. Just my opinion.

#28 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,210 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:06 AM

...And if history dictates the present decisions that the Sens make, they will not want to lose anymore Dmen or sign the wrong ones. Let's go over the list shall we: Chara, Volchenkov...can't remember the others off the top of my head so lets throw in some forwards with untimely departures: Hossa, Havlat, Heatley, Daigle :hehe: just kidding around with this one. Point is, Lispy Murray has let a few good players go elsewhere and has s*** the bed since the start of the cup finals against the Ducks. Time to keep a couple good players around.

Agreed completely, i'm honestly surprised that they have retained Spezza this long and it really paid off this past season. Losing Chara was one of their biggest mistakes imo, imagine if their top D pairing right now was Chara and Karlsson, they might still be hanging around in the playoffs.

#29 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,198 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:32 AM

Agreed completely, i'm honestly surprised that they have retained Spezza this long and it really paid off this past season. Losing Chara was one of their biggest mistakes imo, imagine if their top D pairing right now was Chara and Karlsson, they might still be hanging around in the playoffs.

:lol: they probably would. Either way we put it, the Sens aren't gonna not match any offer sheet thrown by Kevin Lowe for Karlsson and he'll be on the Sens next year and if i'm not mistaken, they have a s*** load of cap space and a lot of young talent. Alfredsson's contract is up too right? he won't be making 5-6 mil anymore either, so there's more space to sign Karlsson long term for lots of money. Hell, even Volchenkov would make a good pairing with him cause he's super responsible defensively and blocks more shots than the goalie. Our best hope for a bright future lies solely with Parise and Suter. If anything else, toss a few mil at Wideman July 1st and see if he wants to play 2nd PP with a nice right handed shot to offer.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.