• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

#6 New Jersey Devils vs. #1 New York Rangers

Rate this topic

Devils are cockblocking big time here.

If this were the NBA, the league would make sure the Devils don't land in the Finals, for ratings purposes. Oh well.

Hope LA wins, or else the Devils will have 4 Cups in the last two decades.

Technically, yes, but it would be in 17 years...if you a concerned about being on par with us, we had 4 in 12. And if you are looking at total playoff success and rounds won...well...no comparison...

The amazing thing would be 4 Cups in 17 years with the same goalie. If they win, then no doubt, it'll have to be Detroit v. Devils next season to decide...

f*** the Devils.

Of all the Eastern teams to win it besides Pittsburgh I don't want Marty and co. winning another cup. Brodeur's first Cup still stings me to this day. Sorry folks.

I agree.

Fatso and his team spoiled a dream final for the league. Ref should have blown the whistle there and said "intent to blow".

I don't really want the Devils to win a 4th cup either. Not that it really matters, but I want the Red Wings to have more championships between the two most successful franchises in hockey the past two decades.

I also don't think the Devils going deep is very helpful in the chances of landing Parise. Four rounds of playoff revenue is a nice bonus even for a team with as much financial trouble as the Devils.

I don't really want the Devils to win a 4th cup either. Not that it really matters, but I want the Red Wings to have more championships between the two most successful franchises in hockey the past two decades.

I also don't think the Devils going deep is very helpful in the chances of landing Parise. Four rounds of playoff revenue is a nice bonus even for a team with as much financial trouble as the Devils.

Honestly, he's better off in Jersey, with the young offensive talent they have. I don't know why he'd come here to play on the same line as a Bertuzzi or Hudler.

NYR vs LAK would have been something. too big cities and all

but NJD vs LAK BORING.

Itd be fun to see a team win their first cup though.

I think from a hockey standpoint, it will be a wide open and offensive series. Much more so than LA/NY would have been.

But yes, the two biggest cities in the country playing in the Finals would have been awesome. In any sport really. Just doesn't happen too often. I think it'll get less coverage and attention because of that.

Not to mention, the Rangers are an original 6 team, much like the last two Cup winners.

What a great franchise the Devils have. Second only to ours in the last 20 years. Congrats to them, well deserved. Hope Marty gets another, and maybe a Conn Smythe to go along with it.

Edited by Tr!PoD#19

Again, who cares about ratings and who cares about a sexy NY vs LA final. I think the key point made above that this series sets us up with two string teams playing EXCELLENT hockey and affords us the best series possible now. Let's face facts, the Rangers end the playoffs at 10-10, they weren't exactly worldbeaters.

I think two teams who forecheck HARD, two teams that are FAST and one young gun netminder vs the legend makes for great storylines. The glamour and gitz of LA vs the tough as nails Tony Soprano Jersey attitude.

Edited by Jersey Wing

Again, who cares about ratings and who cares about a sexy NY vs LA final. I think the key point made above that this series sets us up with two string teams playing EXCELLENT hockey and affords us the best series possible now. Let's face facts, the Rangers end the playoffs at 10-10, they weren't exactly worldbeaters.

I think two teams who forecheck HARD, two teams that are FAST and one young gun netminder vs the legend makes for great storylines. The glamour and gitz of LA vs the tough as nails Tony Soprano Jersey attitude.

It's more than the ratings that people are griping about. Rags and Kings would've been a very interesting series, the way they stack up against each other. Not that this one won't be interesting, but - and I guess this is the big thing, really - haven't we seen enough of the godforsaken New Jersey Devils in the Stanley Cup Finals for one lifetime? And about Brodeur - I'd rather see Lundqvist and Quick battle for his crown. Now THAT would be a great storyline, IMO.

Edited by Dabura