• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

#6 New Jersey Devils vs. #1 New York Rangers

Rate this topic

Guest Hatethedrake!

NJ does not have the luxury of scoring easy goals off weak goaltending. They have to earn their goals now. So far not so good. They were shutout by a tired Rangers team. It will be harder when the Rangers get their energy back.

I am amazed at how bad the officiating has been in this series. Torts was absolutely right when he said the Devils dive a lot and imo they got away with quite a bit tonight while the rangers got called for every little thing they did.

Needless to say, Torts has 2 very important things he needs to do before next game.

1) He needs to get his team to start ON TIME... every single game this series the only Rangers player that shows up in the first is the King in net, and if not for him this series would be almost over. The Rangers need to come out of the gate at home on Wednesday and provide support for King Henrik and push the Devils around.

2) He REALLY needs to fix their coverage in their zone. The forwards have been allowing the Devils pointmen WAY TOO MUCH TIME to shoot the puck towards the net and that has been basically the only way they are able to get anything past Lunquivst all series long. Torts needs to get his forwards to challenge the points a lot more than they have been.

If they do this, the Rangers will win game 5 and likely the series. I guarantee Lunquivst is nearly unbeatable, so if the Rangers make these adjustments they will win the series.

Look at all this Rangers love here lol

The John "Circus is in Town" Tortorella act continued tonight in Newark as a guy watching his team get beat to loose pucks and outskated and outplayed for most of a fourth straight game decided even though HE sent out Rupp and Eminger had to complain to DeBoer about it. What was tonight, Tortorella's fifth or sixth chickensh*t act out?

Thus far the Devils have been better and I grow very very tired of people pearl clutching about possible Final ratings for the NHL and how New Jersey would simply ruin everything. Who gives a frog's fat a** about ratings? When did Wings fans start worrying about what is good for Gary Bettman and the NHL offices? The NHL I'm sure will survive a Devils vs Kings final should it come to that.

So, the Rangers looked tired tonight for stretches. The Devils speed and willingness to engage physically I'd say is starting to take a toll. The Rangers won game 3 but were outplayed for long stretches and this was after an extra day's rest. Tortorella we know has lost faith (if he ever had any) in one of his best offensive players Gaborik. Tonight he benched Del Zotto for two periods, it looks like another player has gotten the no faith vote. Unless Torts has better backups for these two he needs to ride them as the Rangers are looking at possibly playing a third straight seven game series. If the Devils score first at MSG Wednesday I think you'll really start to see the Rangers tighten up on those sticks and possibly get a little nervous.

Let's just hope they got that penalty box door fixed in the World's Most Famous Arena

Look at all this Rangers love here lol

The John "Circus is in Town" Tortorella act continued tonight in Newark as a guy watching his team get beat to loose pucks and outskated and outplayed for most of a fourth straight game decided even though HE sent out Rupp and Eminger had to complain to DeBoer about it. What was tonight, Tortorella's fifth or sixth chickensh*t act out?

Thus far the Devils have been better and I grow very very tired of people pearl clutching about possible Final ratings for the NHL and how New Jersey would simply ruin everything. Who gives a frog's fat a** about ratings? When did Wings fans start worrying about what is good for Gary Bettman and the NHL offices? The NHL I'm sure will survive a Devils vs Kings final should it come to that.

So, the Rangers looked tired tonight for stretches. The Devils speed and willingness to engage physically I'd say is starting to take a toll. The Rangers won game 3 but were outplayed for long stretches and this was after an extra day's rest. Tortorella we know has lost faith (if he ever had any) in one of his best offensive players Gaborik. Tonight he benched Del Zotto for two periods, it looks like another player has gotten the no faith vote. Unless Torts has better backups for these two he needs to ride them as the Rangers are looking at possibly playing a third straight seven game series. If the Devils score first at MSG Wednesday I think you'll really start to see the Rangers tighten up on those sticks and possibly get a little nervous.

Let's just hope they got that penalty box door fixed in the World's Most Famous Arena

I don't think people like the Rangers, I think people would rather see a New York/LA final, like you mentioned with the ratings. I know you like Jersey, but it shouldn't be hard to understand why everyone wants the Rangers in the final.

And yes, Tortorella is annoying and always wants the spotlight on him and not his team. All the coaches in the league combined don't whine as much as him.

Big one tonight at MSG. The entire hockey loving city of NYC is in a little bit of a panic. They're finally having to confront the fact after 4 games the Devils might just ACTUALLY be quicker and more tenacious than they gave them credit for (The fans not the players).